West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taylor's a Geordie therefore is ultimately seen as better than he is in most fan's eyes.

In truth, he's nowt special. I'd take Carroll's goals in this league over Taylor's defensive displays.

No e int e's a cokney!!!!1

Guest firetotheworks

I find the vilification of Taylor on this board very sad, but all too predictable. Has he put a foot wrong this season? If not, why is he any more or less worthy of praise than Coloccini?

...because Coloccini has done more this season, is the simple answer.

Did or didn't Taylor play very well this season up until his knee injury?

He was alright. So if Taylor played one very good game, and Coloccini played a full season of very good games, then Taylor is worthy of the same praise as Colo? That does not compute.

I find the vilification of Taylor on this board very sad, but all too predictable. Has he put a foot wrong this season? If not, why is he any more or less worthy of praise than Coloccini?

Williamson has looked better than Taylor alongside Colo in my John Humble.

That said I've always been a bit of a Taylor sceptic. He seems very good at talking the talk but as a centre back I do believe he's guilty of always looking for the Hollywood tackle.

Probably something that a lot of supporters don't want to admit but true nonetheless. Doesn't mean that Taylor has done badly, just brings a bit of perspective to the debate.

That said I've always been a bit of a Taylor sceptic. He seems very good at talking the talk but as a centre back I do believe he's guilty of always looking for the Hollywood tackle.

Probably something that a lot of supporters don't want to admit but true nonetheless. Doesn't mean that Taylor has done badly, just brings a bit of perspective to the debate.

we are a different set up at home since dropping the smith or butt idea. that may be part of it.

we are a different set up at home since dropping the smith or butt idea. that may be part of it.

I just think that Williamson is a more dominating centre half especially in the air, which compliments Coloccini well.

I just think that Williamson is a more dominating centre half especially in the air, which compliments Coloccini well.

I agree, I do like Taylor though and am not sure about this whole "yeah good, glad the cockney got knocked out" stuff that is starting to appear.

Ok he is the "all action hero" a bit of a tit but a harmless one and I think his heart is in the right place so I don't understand why some sections seem to really have it in for him.

Guest malandro

I agree, I do like Taylor though and am not sure about this whole "yeah good, glad the cockney got knocked out" stuff that is starting to appear.

Ok he is the "all action hero" a bit of a tit but a harmless one and I think his heart is in the right place so I don't understand why some sections seem to really have it in for him.

Taylor was probably our best player last season, committed and determined when most of his colleagues (including Colocinni) went missing. He did a decent job this season as well until he got injured.

Taylor was probably our best player last season, committed and determined when most of his colleagues (including Colocinni) went missing. He did a decent job this season as well until he got injured.

Bassong was our best player by a mile. Taylor was committed, always has been, but he wasn't exactly a rock at the back.

His pointing :facepalm:

Taylor is a Jack of all trades but master of none at the moment. He's the Aaron Hughes of this generation which is why we get seasoned posters suggesting he play right back. I still see him as a good prospect at CB but he's got way above himself. Whether he's worth what he thinks he is I highly doubt.

Taylor is a Jack of all trades but master of none at the moment. He's the Aaron Hughes of this generation which is why we get seasoned posters suggesting he play right back. I still see him as a good prospect at CB but he's got way above himself. Whether he's worth what he thinks he is I highly doubt.

He suffered hugely from not having a Woodgate type figure to guide him. He was leading the line from the age of 21 practically and I think it stunted his growth as a player and it might have made him a bit of a cock.

Guest malandro

Bassong was our best player by a mile. Taylor was committed, always has been, but he wasn't exactly a rock at the back.

His pointing :facepalm:

Fair call. Bassong was our best player.

Taylor is a bit OTT but all you can ever ask of a player is that they give a 100% and he’s always done that. He had cut out the heroic challenges this season. Whether this is because he’s learning from his experience or because our defence is rarely stretched I don’t know. What I do know is he’s proved himself to be a PL standard defender whereas Simpson, Colocinni and Williamson haven’t.

I think people forget how young Taylor was when he was thrown into the first team, or how s**** most of his defensive partners have been, or how he’s been shoved around the entire back four.

He suffered hugely from not having a Woodgate type figure to guide him. He was leading the line from the age of 21 practically and I think it stunted his growth as a player and it might have made him a bit of a cock.

I think being paid 40k a week made him a bigger cock tbh. If he needs Woodcock alongside him to justify his wage I don't think he should be commanding anything like that.

Taylor was far more impressive than Colo last season. and he's looked good when he played this season - more than Williamson. Id suggest taylor play RB because he's better there than our current RB and we have two other capable players at centre-half. he's also very good at bringing the ball forward from out wide. nothing to do with being a jack of all trades, which i don't think he is. quite how he's ended up as the villian in all this is mystifying.

Taylor was far more impressive than Colo last season. and he's looked good when he played this season - more than Williamson. Id suggest taylor play RB because he's better there than our current RB and we have two other capable players at centre-half. he's also very good at bringing the ball forward from out wide. nothing to do with being a jack of all trades, which i don't think he is. quite how he's ended up as the villian in all this is mystifying.

because caroll is in the team and in form.

I wonder why Hughton hasnt been asked about this in any of his Press confrences. And for the record we dont even know conclusivly if it was over sex texts or whatever but what we do know, Carroll appears to have a reputation for being violent...

I wonder why Hughton hasnt been asked about this in any of his Press confrences. And for the record we dont even know conclusivly if it was over sex texts or whatever but what we do know, Carroll appears to have a reputation for being violent...

i think he has but refused to talk on it at all, or perhaps the press officer made it clear no questions on that before the press conferences

Guest neesy111

club have acted spot on, no stupid freddy remarks here

this all should be dealt in house, and punishment in-house, and move on straight away!

if carroll has made apology and taylor has accepted it, end of!

he shud be fined 2 weeks wages, and also say this is last chance!

this all should be dealt in house, and punishment in-house, and move on straight away!

just out of curiosity what happens if, after his last chance, he gets convicted ?

Hughton praise for Carroll

Newcastle manager Chris Hughton has admitted his surprise at the speed of Andy Carroll's development as a striking force in the Championship.

The 21-year-old's 16 goals this season have helped the Magpies to the top of the table and appear set to fire the club to an immediate return to the Premier League.

Veteran goalkeeper Steve Harper praised Carroll on Thursday and announced that the striker can become a top player.

Hughton has now also sung the praises of the youngster, who has been hitting the headlines for the wrong reasons after an alleged bust-up with team-mate Steven Taylor.

The Newcastle boss said: "With Andy, what we always knew is that he has good qualities and he has good qualities to improve as a player.

"How quickly he was going to take that on board, we didn't know, but what has helped is the amount of games he is now playing."

Is that the Aaron Hughes that we should never have sold and ended up replacing with invariably inferior players??

Is that the Aaron Hughes that we should never have sold and ended up replacing with invariably inferior players??

Spot on.

That's him.

Guest neesy111

just out of curiosity what happens if, after his last chance, he gets convicted ?

should be sold

Aye, that'll do it - fine him 2 weeks wages for an offence which, if the police - as they should, if you read their guidelines - investigated it, would mean certain jail (for breaking his bail conditions) even before he answers the charge of glassing the kid in Blu Bambu.

How is dealing with it in-house going to change Carroll's pattern of behaviour? How is it going to make us look any less of a joke club to the nation at large?