West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We should offer Gianluigi Buffon a scouting job when he retires tbh, only bugger who saw it coming.

Aye, good point. I didn't remember that.

On 29 July 2007, Carroll scored his first senior goal in a 2-0 friendly win over Juventus, with a left foot shot. After the match, Carroll received praise from Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, who tipped Carroll to have a big future

(from wiki)

We should offer Gianluigi Buffon a scouting job when he retires tbh, only bugger who saw it coming.

“Carroll played like what we call in Italy a paintbrush striker, he was there to add the finishing touch.

“He played well on his own and although Newcastle were aiming for his head with some of their passes, he showed he can play with his feet too because he laid the ball off excellently to the supporting midfielders.

“He will be an asset because he can find the players around him in different ways and has already shown he has great awareness.”

:snod:

Guest BooBoo

Dave, the Carroll twitter is a fake. After the world cup exit, the kid pretending to be AC vowed that Rooney was a dead man!

:lol:

'The Arsenal manager has been an admirer of Carroll since way before his hat-trick against Aston Villa last weekend.'

Wow, what a visionary. Unlike you Fleet Street cunts. :lol:

:lol:

'The Arsenal manager has been an admirer of Carroll since way before his hat-trick against Aston Villa last weekend.'

Wow, what a visionary. Unlike you Fleet Street cunts. :lol:

:lol: Also ends with:

Carroll is also playing himself into the plans of England manager Fabio Capell.

I wouldn't even send an email at work without reading over it first, and in those circumstances it's only the daft cunt that sits across from me reading it or something.

It is wonderful for us to have such an exciting young talent playing for us but so frustrating that on the back of 3 games, the media are already trying to move him on to one of the "big" clubs. 

Like I say, it's horrific that a club outside the top four dare to have a decent player.  Plus, if he doesn't come good, it'll be us  that's built him up too much.

If Carroll keeps his sense of proportion and keeps working at his game, there isn't a club in Britain(OR Europe) that won't want to sign him.

He is the classic English CF, but is polishing his skills on the ground to the degree that he would be the ideal target man for any club. When he was involved in all the off-field problems last season, I said then that he can either get himself sorted out big-time, or be another wasted talent.

I HOPE that he has done the former, certainly the signs are good, but, like Duncan Ferguson before him, he will be a target of wind-up merchants off the field. he resembles Ferguson on many ways but, good as he was, the problems DF had off the field stopped him from really realizing his potential.

Provided he keeps out of trouble AND avoids serious injury, he will one day be subject of a huge transfer fee. I just hope that, by then, NUFC have demonstrated enough ambition and progress to keep him at the club until he is at least 28.

Vital to our survival this season, esp if we fail to sign another striker.

Fingers crossed, but could be as big a home-grown legend as Gazza was.

Hopefully Ranger does the same.

Carroll must be half way through his predicted goal tally already :lol:

We'd have taken ten goals from him this season as a good return. Now if he only gets 6 in 35 from now until May I'd be disappointed! Think 15 should be his new aim. 1 in 3 should be realistic enough.

I'm pretty sure he'll go about 10 games without scoring at some point in this season, if he doesn't then he'll have turned into a genuinely quality player in like 6 months. Generally young strikers lack consistency in their game.

Guest diddimz

The England talk is good news because we all know that England players don't get sent to prison.

Such a defeatist attitude, show a little faith in our Andy, he will find a way to still get into prison!