West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

is that a fag nolan has in his hand??  in a public place??  he is going to gaol!!

Kna its not.. looks like it might be one of those stirer things for his drink

Yeah, it looks like one of them.

Nobody posted the details yet?

Sentencing Carroll, Judge Esmond Faulks said: "The prosecution accept you did not intend to injure Mr Cook, so that what happened to him was effectively an accident.

"In these unusual circumstances I can proceed to deal with you by way of a financial penalty."

The hearing heard that Carroll had drunk between eight and nine pints of lager before he lashed out at Sunday League footballer Mr Cook.

Mr Cook was squeezing through the crowd when he spilt some of his drink on a woman who was standing next to Carroll, prosecutor Peter Gair said.

She verbally abused Mr Cook and poured her drink over his top. He then threw a drink in her face.

Carroll then hurled the contents of his glass over Mr Cook.

Mr Gair said: "What happened was not a deliberate or reckless act but as a consequence of his throwing the drink.

"His hand was wet; his glass left his hand and it struck Mr Cook above his right eye."

Stuart Driver, defending, said: "The fact he is a famous footballer gives him no advantage in this court room at all.

"In life it gives him opportunities and luxuries but it also brings with it unwanted attention and that is something he is going to have to learn to live with.

"He is a Gateshead boy. He loves the city of Newcastle and wants to live his life within it.

"Liquid was deliberately thrown but the glass accidentally travelled through the air due to the glass having been made wet."

:lol:

Sentencing Carroll, Judge Esmond Faulks said: "The prosecution accept you did not intend to injure Mr Cook, so that what happened to him was effectively an accident.

"In these unusual circumstances I can proceed to deal with you by way of a financial penalty."

The hearing heard that Carroll had drunk between eight and nine pints of lager before he lashed out at Sunday League footballer Mr Cook.

Mr Cook was squeezing through the crowd when he spilt some of his drink on a woman who was standing next to Carroll, prosecutor Peter Gair said.

She verbally abused Mr Cook and poured her drink over his top. He then threw a drink in her face.

Mr Gair said: "What happened was not a deliberate or reckless act but as a consequence of his throwing the drink.

"His hand was wet; his glass left his hand and it struck Mr Cook above his right eye."

Stuart Driver, defending, said: "The fact he is a famous footballer gives him no advantage in this court room at all.

"In life it gives him opportunities and luxuries but it also brings with it unwanted attention and that is something he is going to have to learn to live with.

"He is a Gateshead boy. He loves the city of Newcastle and wants to live his life within it.

"Liquid was deliberately thrown but the glass accidentally travelled through the air due to the glass having been made wet."

aye righto, and shearer slipped at filbert street.

Prosecution obviously knew they couldn't prove the intent to throw the glass. I'm guessing crappy CCTV footage after all, the quality in many pubs and clubs is generally terrible. Maybe a witness didn't turn up to compound the problem. Whatever, he's dodged a bullet.

I wouldn't be surprised if the common assault on the girl is also binned.

Prosecution obviously knew they couldn't prove the intent to throw the glass. I'm guessing crappy CCTV footage after all, the quality in many pubs and clubs is generally terrible. Maybe a witness didn't turn up to compound the problem. Whatever, he's dodged a bullet.

yep- needs to learn from it tho.

Especially now every dickhead in Newcastle thinks all they have to do is start on him and they might be in for a nice payday.

Especially now every dickhead in Newcastle thinks all they have to do is start on him and they might be in for a nice payday.

needs to take himself out of it altogether tbh.

needs to take himself out of it altogether tbh.

:nods:

If he absolutely has to go out on the piss, he should consider doing so where every other person doesn't know him and his behaviour.

if it was an accident, and not intentional or reckless as mr justice watsitsface says then legally its erm not actually an assault!!!!!!!!

I think he has cocked up big style in his summing up.

if it was an accident, and not intentional or reckless as mr justice watsitsface says then legally its erm not actually an assault!!!!!!!!

He is saying the glass hitting him was not intentional as it slipped out of his hand. The assault for which he has been fined is the throwing of the drink over him.

Even hurling the contents of a glass at someone is nearly always reckless as there's always the chance the glass will slip out of your hand.

Defence must have insisted that the basis of plea was that there was no intent or recklessness, reflected in the relatively mild sentence.

aye righto, and shearer slipped at filbert street.

Be fair, we are starting to establish that young Andrew is seriously misunderstood.  It isn't his fault his drinking/punching arm is shakier than a parkinsons sufferer having a tug.

He is saying the glass hitting him was not intentional as it slipped out of his hand. The assault for which he has been fined is the throwing of the drink over him.

thats assault?

thats assault?

yup the same way as spitting at someone is an assault, in fact no contact actually has to be made for an assault to take place, what is needed is

- to cause another person to intentionally or recklessly apprehend immediate and unlawful violence.

The mens rea is that this fear must have been caused either intentionally or recklessly. A battery is committed when the threatened force actually results in contact to the other and that contact was caused either intentionally or recklessly.