West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sunderland have out:

D Welbeck

D Meyler

L Cattermole

M Turner

F Campbell

Newcastle have out:

D Gosling

S Taylor

A Smith

A Carroll

R Taylor

H Ben Arfa

Now I know you're a Mackem and basic maths is hard for you but 6 is more than 5!

Obsessed tbh. Give it a rest :-D

Sunderland have out:

D Welbeck

D Meyler

L Cattermole

M Turner

F Campbell

Newcastle have out:

D Gosling

S Taylor

A Smith

A Carroll

R Taylor

H Ben Arfa

Now I know you're a Mackem and basic maths is hard for you but 6 is more than 5!

mackems want to dream they have players of that quality man :lol:

Sunderland have out:

D Welbeck  

D Meyler  

L Cattermole  

M Turner

F Campbell

Newcastle have out:

D Gosling

S Taylor

A Smith  

A Carroll

R Taylor

H Ben Arfa

Wasn't Shola out recently?, and also what about Tiote's ban?

Come back and talk in the summer if any club is prepared to bid over £35m because that is seriously a rebuild-your-team money. We could get a decent RM, CM and a couple of strikers for that kind of money. No one player in that group would obviously be worth more than £8-10m, but I think we'd be able to challenge for the top 6 if that kind of money is spent wisely (yes it's a big if).

I don't know. This kind of money is insane for someone who hasn't shown the ability to succeed with another style of football. I suppose the only reason teams are bidding so much is because he means so much to us because in pure footballing terms there's no way he comes close to David Villa as a striker.

Guest NQsDiscoPants

Sunderland have out:

D Welbeck

D Meyler

L Cattermole

M Turner

F Campbell

Newcastle have out:

D Gosling

S Taylor

A Smith

A Carroll

R Taylor

H Ben Arfa

Having just got Mensah, Onuoha etc back this week .

Are you seriously sugesting that Alan Smith, Ryan Taylor and Dan Gosling being injured has made any difference to you whatsoever?

Every one of the Sunderland players listed would have played a major part this season.

Grow up.

Guest neesy111

Already been mentioned that Pardews press conference today has been put back?

Yep, getting a bit worried about it now like.

That is for a player signing.

Apart from Drogba and Lampard? (and that's without even checking). What's that stat about?

:lol: defoe and rooney must push bent close off the top of my head too

and tevez

Happy checking.

last 5 seasons (all comps, taken from ESPN stats section):

taking int goals into account he only really outscores defoe from what i can see, bottom line is totals of course

bent defoe rooney ronaldo drogba lampard

13 8 4 13 4

25 29 40 44 34

17 10 24 34 16 21

7 13 18 42 16 17

16 18 24 26 39 23

78 78 110 102 128 99

Come back and talk in the summer if any club is prepared to bid over £35m because that is seriously a rebuild-your-team money. We could get a decent RM, CM and a couple of strikers for that kind of money. No one player in that group would obviously be worth more than £8-10m, but I think we'd be able to challenge for the top 6 if that kind of money is spent wisely (yes it's a big if).

I don't know. This kind of money is insane for someone who hasn't shown the ability to succeed with another style of football. I suppose the only reason teams are bidding so much is because he means so much to us because in pure footballing terms there's no way he comes close to David Villa as a striker.

£40m would be enough to sign two quality strikers (£20m?), a couple of midfielders (£10m?) and defensive cover (£10m?)

Apart from Drogba and Lampard? (and that's without even checking). What's that stat about?

:lol: defoe and rooney must push bent close off the top of my head too

and tevez

Happy checking.

Only Drogba has more tbh, 1 more.

Rooney on the same number.

Based on this season and 5 previous.

Guest Loven11

Already been mentioned that Pardews press conference today has been put back?

Yep, getting a bit worried about it now like.

That is for a player signing.

Probs aye, hope so anyway.  :thup:

Guest NQsDiscoPants

Sunderland have out:

D Welbeck

D Meyler

L Cattermole

M Turner

F Campbell

Newcastle have out:

D Gosling

S Taylor

A Smith

A Carroll

R Taylor

H Ben Arfa

mackems want to dream they have players of that quality man :lol:

Aye, rightyo.

I'd still rather we didn't sell. Yes £30+ mil is a staggering amount, but what we have in Andy Carroll is absolutely priceless. A local kid with the world at his feet, who doesn't want to play for anyone else. This happens maybe once in a generation, if you're lucky.

Guest neesy111

£40m would be enough to sign two quality strikers (£20m?), a couple of midfielders (£10m?) and defensive cover (£10m?)

That is IF you spend money wisely.

Remember we spent almost £30M on Owen and Luque and what did that do for us.