West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.teamtalk.com/chelsea/6723812/Reds-owner-explains-Carroll-fee

Not sure of the websites credibility.

John W Henry was happy to pay whatever Newcastle wanted for Andy Carroll, as long as £15million was left after the sale of Fernando Torres.

Liverpool have come in for criticism after lavishing £35million on Newcastle to bring the unproven Carroll to Anfield - but Henry said the size of the fee was not a concern as it was always factored in to negotiations with Chelsea.

"The fee for Torres was dependent on what Newcastle asked for Carroll," Henry told The Guardian, explaining they simply wanted a difference of £15million. "The negotiation for us was simply the difference in prices paid by Chelsea and to Newcastle. Those prices could have been £35million [from Chelsea for Torres] and £20million [to Newcastle for Carroll], 40 and 25 or 50 and 35. It was ultimately up to Newcastle how much this was all going to cost. They [Newcastle] made a hell of a deal. We felt the same way."

With Ryan Babel moving to Hoffenheim for £6million, the difference on the Carroll deal allowed Liverpool to pay for the £22.8million arrival of Luiz Suarez from Ajax.

However, Henry expressed surprise Chelsea were willing to go as high as £50million, questioning whether Roman Abramovich's club could meet UEFA's new financial fair-play rules.

"I was surprised Monday morning to receive an offer [from Chelsea for Fernando Torres] in that amount [£50million] at the same time they were announcing such large losses [£71million for 2009-10]," Henry said.

"The big question is just how effective the financial fair-play rules are going to be. Perhaps some clubs support the concept in order to limit the spending of other clubs, while implementing activities specifically designed to evade the rules they publicly support. We can only hope that UEFA has the ability and determination to enforce what they have proposed."

For Liverpool's part, Henry pledged to live well within the rules.

"We've always spent money we've generated rather than deficit-spending and that will be the case in Liverpool," he said, talking about the way in which his Fenway Sports Group operate the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

"It's up to us to generate enough revenue to be successful over the long term. We have not and will not deviate from that."

Henry also endorsed caretaker manager Kenny Dalglish, without confirming he would be offered the job on a permanent basis.

"We didn't know Kenny well prior to him coming aboard as manager," Henry said. "But he has exceeded our expectations on all fronts. It would be inappropriate to comment publicly on what happens beyond the end of this season."

Not sure if this has any weight to it at all but thought I'd add to the 'did Carroll want to leave' debate - but a work colleague (a Liverpool fan) says his dad works with Wraith's dad.  Apparently there quite a few more texts from Carroll stating that he was forced to leave.

Not sure if this has any weight to it at all but thought I'd add to the 'did Carroll want to leave' debate - but a work colleague (a Liverpool fan) says his dad works with Wraith's dad.  Apparently there quite a few more texts from Carroll stating that he was forced to leave.

Fuck Andy Carroll and FUCK Steve 'Wannabee Gangster' Wraith

Nah fuck him. I wish the Judas cunt nothing but ill from now on.

I'm with this. Sheer blind unflinching bitter hatred is what's needed.

:thup:

so, you've changed your mind now, Wullie?

How have I changed my mind?

Didn't you initially think all of this transfer request was down to Ashley? But now you seem to be attacking Carroll as well.

http://www.teamtalk.com/chelsea/6723812/Reds-owner-explains-Carroll-fee

Not sure of the websites credibility.

John W Henry was happy to pay whatever Newcastle wanted for Andy Carroll, as long as £15million was left after the sale of Fernando Torres.

Liverpool have come in for criticism after lavishing £35million on Newcastle to bring the unproven Carroll to Anfield - but Henry said the size of the fee was not a concern as it was always factored in to negotiations with Chelsea.

"The fee for Torres was dependent on what Newcastle asked for Carroll," Henry told The Guardian, explaining they simply wanted a difference of £15million. "The negotiation for us was simply the difference in prices paid by Chelsea and to Newcastle. Those prices could have been £35million [from Chelsea for Torres] and £20million [to Newcastle for Carroll], 40 and 25 or 50 and 35. It was ultimately up to Newcastle how much this was all going to cost. They [Newcastle] made a hell of a deal. We felt the same way."

With Ryan Babel moving to Hoffenheim for £6million, the difference on the Carroll deal allowed Liverpool to pay for the £22.8million arrival of Luiz Suarez from Ajax.

However, Henry expressed surprise Chelsea were willing to go as high as £50million, questioning whether Roman Abramovich's club could meet UEFA's new financial fair-play rules.

"I was surprised Monday morning to receive an offer [from Chelsea for Fernando Torres] in that amount [£50million] at the same time they were announcing such large losses [£71million for 2009-10]," Henry said.

"The big question is just how effective the financial fair-play rules are going to be. Perhaps some clubs support the concept in order to limit the spending of other clubs, while implementing activities specifically designed to evade the rules they publicly support. We can only hope that UEFA has the ability and determination to enforce what they have proposed."

For Liverpool's part, Henry pledged to live well within the rules.

"We've always spent money we've generated rather than deficit-spending and that will be the case in Liverpool," he said, talking about the way in which his Fenway Sports Group operate the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

"It's up to us to generate enough revenue to be successful over the long term. We have not and will not deviate from that."

Henry also endorsed caretaker manager Kenny Dalglish, without confirming he would be offered the job on a permanent basis.

"We didn't know Kenny well prior to him coming aboard as manager," Henry said. "But he has exceeded our expectations on all fronts. It would be inappropriate to comment publicly on what happens beyond the end of this season."

The site might be rubbush, but the quotes are real, just shows how long before it hit the press this deal was going on.

There both still cunts like

So I was right, all Roman's fucking fault.

Guest elbee909

I still can't stand the whinging self-piteous bollocks about Torres.  Having a go at his lack of loyalty.  Yeah, he's the bad guy, and Chelsea, how bad are they eh?  Oh but it's fine to buy Carroll in the same way.  TWATS.

I still can't stand the whinging self-piteous bollocks about Torres.  Having a go at his lack of loyalty.  Yeah, he's the bad guy, and Chelsea, how bad are they eh?  Oh but it's fine to buy Carroll in the same way.  TWATS.

Spot on, I live in the damn city and it's doing my nut in

Guest elbee909

Spot on, I live in the damn city and it's doing my nut in

At least with Carroll, they've got someone who'll knock down walls for them.  Saves them a job.

So I was right, all Roman's f***ing fault.

Suppose we shaft chelsea on the fee then

Guest neesy111

Like to hear that Henry is not going to put a penny of his own money back into the club, all from the money the club generates.  I'm sure the scousers are happy about that.

Like to hear that Henry is not going to put a penny of his own money back into the club, all from the money the club generates.  I'm sure the scousers are happy about that.

That'll be more than enough. Don't believe Ashley's lies.

Guest Heneage

Liverpool are in a different league to us revenue wise. They are huge in Asia, if we'd been smarter around the time of 03-04 we could have tapped into that market.

What lies man? Those quotes were from Henry himself? You're in such a huff that you're not making any sense anymore  :lol: :lol: :lol:

What lies man? Those quotes were from Henry himself? You're in such a huff that you're not making any sense anymore  :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's referring to the fact that we're attempting to do the same, but crying poor. Nixon is right though - Liverpool's in another league revenue wise.

No, the idea that Premiership clubs can't begin to sustain themselves without rich man charity.