West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I reckon I almost qualify as an ITK.

Was at a Liverpool talk in yesterday with Dalglish and Hansen - Dalglish said that the deal for Carroll was agreed on Sunday night.  Apparently we then upped the price on Monday after we saw all the press on it and on Torres.  So Liverpool upped their price for Torres from Chelsea.

I reckon I almost qualify as an ITK.

Was at a Liverpool talk in yesterday with Dalglish and Hansen - Dalglish said that the deal for Carroll was agreed on Sunday night.  Apparently we then upped the price on Monday after we saw all the press on it and on Torres.  So Liverpool upped their price for Torres from Chelsea.

LFC's owner has already confirmed the deal was done 24 hours before Ashley 'accepted' Carrolls request and reluctantly accepted LFC's bid. LFC's owner knew the price Chelsea would need to pay for Torres would be £15m more than NUFC wanted for Carroll so they could balance the books with the £6m they made off the other centre forward  they sold (who's name escapes me) Carroll and the bloke from Holland for torres.

I have just looked on getty images - Carroll is running and kicking a ball in traininmg today - I think he will be back soon - so much for him being out for the rest of the season

I have just looked on getty images - Carroll is running and kicking a ball in traininmg today - I think he will be back soon - so much for him being out for the rest of the season

Thought exactly, very much exactly the same today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1355974/Andy-Carroll-Liverpool-training--pictures.html

Since Carroll arrived at Anfield, he has been stunned by how hard he is being made to work in trying to recover from a thigh injury that is expected to leave him on the sidelines for another two to three weeks.

It starts with sessions at the sports science department on the adverse affects alcohol can have on an athlete; the fact it makes players more prone to injury and can hamper performance, even when consumed days before a game.

Good luck with that, presumably they'll have someone following him 24/7 to keep him away from bars, nightclubs and women

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1355974/Andy-Carroll-Liverpool-training--pictures.html

Since Carroll arrived at Anfield, he has been stunned by how hard he is being made to work in trying to recover from a thigh injury that is expected to leave him on the sidelines for another two to three weeks.

It starts with sessions at the sports science department on the adverse affects alcohol can have on an athlete; the fact it makes players more prone to injury and can hamper performance, even when consumed days before a game.

Good luck with that, presumably they'll have someone following him 24/7 to keep him away from bars, nightclubs and women

He said i like a drink, its how i've been brought up and i wont change that for anyone (along those lines) when signing for Liverpoo.

Sorry if I bumped this thread up again!  :pow:

I think Carroll is obviously important to us but in terms of our play he limits us to the long ball tactic more often than not, and in that sense he hinders our play. I think with him out we can now focus on playing our football on the ground (like the past few matches). Past couple of matches will have proved that we have enough in the tank to stay up. I think this summer will be very very important to us and I hope we bring in the right players and build on from this season.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Andy Carroll's Personal Sports Science Educator Revealed:

http://images.wikia.com/southpark/images/0/0e/MrMackey.jpg

Guest TrueToon

Back on march 9th for  derby against man utd apparently.

:dowie:

He was meant to be back ages ago for us too,I reckon this injury will drag out on and off all season (Hopefully)

Guest elbee909

Andy Carroll's Personal Sports Science Educator Revealed:

http://images.wikia.com/southpark/images/0/0e/MrMackey.jpg

Obligatory 'oh it's so much better at a proper club, I did make the right decision honest' press release etc.

Im sure this has come up, so apologies if it has.

How good does AC need to be over the next, say....6 years, to justify his price?

Look at guys like David Villa who have done it for a long time. AC was more expensive than him.

How many goals would consider it good business?

How many goals would consider him a flop?

I say 15 a season for next 6-10 seasons would be the PAR. Above is success, below is failure.

Thoughts?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Doesn't matter. Liverpool fans will never publicly say he flopped, and even if he does, they'll only counter it with 'IT WASN'T OUR MONEY!"

Im sure this has come up, so apologies if it has.

How good does AC need to be over the next, say....6 years, to justify his price?

Look at guys like David Villa who have done it for a long time. AC was more expensive than him.

How many goals would consider it good business?

How many goals would consider him a flop?

I say 15 a season for next 6-10 seasons would be the PAR. Above is success, below is failure.

Thoughts?

if they win the league or CL when he's a regular in their team it's a success - that's how success is judged these days, not what the individual does imo