West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why were they so set on there being a difference of £15m though? Why not 20, or 25, or 10?

£15m + £6m (from the Babel transfer) = Suarez

So Torres and Babel out, Carroll and Suarez in; not a single penny spent.

Why were they so set on there being a difference of £15m though? Why not 20, or 25, or 10?

£15m + £6m (from the Babel transfer) = Suarez

So they already knew exactly how much they were getting for Babel and exactly how much Suarez would cost? Canny work I suppose.

He won't get near 20 league goals in a season playing for Liverpool with the players that they have.

He was never worth 35m and if we re-invest that money, we'll be pretty much as close to CL football as Liverpool will be next season.

Guest gggg

"i dont understand people judging carroll on the type of player he is, hes just back from injury and kenny isnt taking any risks with him, hes not fully match fit... next season he'll be brilliant, trust me weve got a new alan shearer on our hands.."

Shearer had 20 goals by now at Blackburn. He did miss the second half of the season though, So Carroll has till Christmas to catch him up...

He won't get near 20 league goals in a season playing for Liverpool with the players that they have.

He was never worth 35m and if we re-invest that money, we'll be pretty much as close to CL football as Liverpool will be next season.

I don't see it as Liverpool are better than us in most areas of the pitch, however we've got a better chance of closing the gap if the money is used correctly rather than sticking with Carroll IMO.

I like Carroll when he was here but £35 million was a ridiculous figure for him and I do wonder how he will do long term, he's not a great finisher by any stretch of the imagination and you have to think that teams will start to figure him out from dead ball situations, whether it's one player blocking off his runs while another is competing with him in the air for the ball I'm not sure but the unplayable tag people put with him sometimes is definitely not justified.

Out of interest how much do people think Daniel Sturridge is worth now and how would they compare his half season in the Premiership at Bolton (8 in 11) to Carroll's here (11 in 19)?

Guest Howaythetoon

Our customer today is a Liverpool fan of some 40 years and a season ticket holder. He and a good number of LFC fans are not happy they have Carroll playing for them, not at that price. Our customer also said he was rubbish against Spurs and thinks they play it far too long when he's in the team. He did say Carroll cannot help the price tag like and that he doesn't look fully fit. I found it interesting when he said Carroll is the type of player you'd love to see battering fuck out of players in an England shirt but not for your own team.

As for Carroll the player, outside of set-pieces its easy to defend against him because he's slow, awkward and lacks any skill. He has a decent lfet foot, is good in the air and quite strong. Average finisher, average footballer though. 35 fucking million :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way Michael Owen never scrored 20 league goals in a season for Liverpool and he played in a side set up for him to score, in better Liverpool sides than this one. Carroll will get 12-15 goals if he's on fire. If not 8-10 max. He's just not a goalscorer type and neither is Suarez. I can see a midfielder for Liverpool outscoring both. Carroll is your Dirk Kuyt type of quality. Decent enough but world-class or even top-class? :lol:

By the way Michael Owen never scrored 20 league goals in a season for Liverpool and he played in a side set up for him to score, in better Liverpool sides than this one. Carroll will get 12-15 goals if he's on fire. If not 8-10 max. He's just not a goalscorer type and neither is Suarez. I can see a midfielder for Liverpool outscoring both. Carroll is your Dirk Kuyt type of quality. Decent enough but world-class or even top-class? :lol:

81 goals in 110 apps for Ajax IIRC. Not a goalscorer type? ???

Guest gggg

Kuyt got 71 in 101 but he's not a goalscorer type in a league with defending.

Totally different types of players, mind. Suarez looks the epitome of a poacher type of striker, whilst Kuyt looks like, well, Kuyt.

They converted him to a right winger and he's still managed about 1 in 3 since he joined.  Not half bad.

Kuyt is a very under rated player.

Guest kingdawson

Totally different types of players, mind. Suarez looks the epitome of a poacher type of striker, whilst Kuyt looks like, well, Kuyt.

I don't see Suarez as a poacher tbh. To me he's a forward that likes to drift and collect the ball from deep. Granted he can probably play the poacher role though.

Suarez is brilliant, tbh, has just about everything you'd want from a forward.

Pity he's an absolute t***.

That's part of the package when I describe 'everything'. You'd love the shit he pulls if he played in your team to be honest, cunts make success.