West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Glad people are bringing up the Hughton era. AC is far from inept with the ball at his feet, he is pretty decent for a bigger guy. He showed a lot of promise previous to Liverpool. It is an odd one if it happens but I will welcome him back. Still feels wrong seeing him playing for Liverpool or England when he is not a toon player.

'He's got good feet for a big man'.

Guest Phil K

Still feels wrong seeing him playing for Liverpool or England when he is not a toon player.

Still can't bring myself to forgive him for that dive. Still think he was going down before he realized if he'd stayed on his feet, tap-in.

I'm coming round to the idea of having him on loan for a year, but even for £10m he's a downgrade on a decent ball playing £10m striker who can play on the wing, which is what I'd prefer to have.

If we pay 17M and 80k or so a week for the season loan we would surely agree with Carroll up front that he signs for 5 years on around 40k a week. That would mean that Lpool will have paid us around 3 million to have Carroll for 6 years. Is that right?

No one reckon Pards can envisage playing Carroll on the left?

What? :lol:

Left of a front 3. He is a strong runner and left footed. Not at all what I'd do but I wouldn't be surprised if it was being thought about.

Can't see him playing anything but centrally, wherever he goes. However, one attribute he has - which appears to have been completely forgotten about - is his crossing ability. Looked half-decent in the Championship.

Guest bimpy474

Has it ever been played and has anyone ever heard it ?

If so fair enough, if not then its just hearsay.

And if Dekka really thought that why would he be willing to stump up over £10m now ?

I thought it was a mate of somebody on here who sold the recording to McNally?

You'll know that better than me mate, i dont recall it at all, must of missed it (on here i mean).

I do recall that my boss in one of his chats he's had with Dekka, was along the line of " look at Man City they can bring on Balotelli, we've got Perch (that was after mentioning i was a Newcastle fan).

True story that like, Dekka goes to family get togethers/birthdays etc that my boss goes to, my boss got his pic taken with him, just to show me (and got bought a pint too).

Guest Phil K

'He's got good feet for a big man'.

Hasn't got much between his ears.

That said...which footballer has ?

Look at that daft tit Rio, for example.

Guest hobshobs

BTW long ball aside, Ba, Cisse and others scored plenty of goals from crosses this season.

The majority of the crosses coming from Ben Arfa, not our so called winger 'Jonas' who rarely beats a man and even more rarely delivers a decent cross.

No one reckon Pards can envisage playing Carroll on the left?

What? :lol:

Left of a front 3. He is a strong runner and left footed. Not at all what I'd do but I wouldn't be surprised if it was being thought about.

Can't see him playing anything but centrally, wherever he goes. However, one attribute he has - which appears to have been completely forgotten about - is his crossing ability. Looked half-decent in the Championship.

He is a bit Shearer-esq with his flank running and crossing imo. Obv not quick, but a strong runner, gets momentum.

Still feels wrong seeing him playing for Liverpool or England when he is not a toon player.

Still can't bring myself to forgive him for that dive. Still think he was going down before he realized if he'd stayed on his feet, tap-in.

Training with Suarez everyday we shouldn't be surprised. Just epitomized how far he has fallen imo, sad.

Not saying De Jong is the same type of player as Carroll (I know fuck all about him tbh), but wouldn't we have had all the same problems of accomodating three first-team strikers had he joined? Can't remember so many people being as concerned about that.

Not again. He blatantly bottled it/panicked when he realised in a split second he was going to score against his boyhood club.

I see this as a brave move, opportunism, and evidence of the struggle to land our other targets.

It's a gamble, but on a loan deal maybe worth it. If it doesn't work out we ship him back and he's their problem. If it does work out, he'll probably want to come back and the deal will surely have a fixed price agreed.

Another big question is can the club afford the wages of Ba, Cisse and Carroll? Or is Carroll to be a replacement for Ba?

Guest Phil K

If we pay 17M and 80k or so a week for the season loan we would surely agree with Carroll up front that he signs for 5 years on around 40k a week. That would mean that Lpool will have paid us around 3 million to have Carroll for 6 years. Is that right?

I would p**s myself laughing if he came back here, was a success, we bettered last season, and it led to the scousers squealing because they aren't top 2, and  Clodagh Rodgers getting the sack