West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why is everything so mutually exclusive?

I will continue to support NUFC, look forward, be glad about the money, hope it is spent wisely whilst also hoping Carroll's career produces very little :thup:

Can't we just wish him well instaed of slagging him off?

Can we s****! I hope he breaks both his legs the f***ing c***.

Let Me GUess, you are still booing your eyes out every night because we sold Andy Cole..........

There is a massive difference. Andy Cole wasn't a Geordie and din't move because he wanted to anyway, nor did we need to sell him. He was sold because the manager wanted to change how we played and that meant replacing Cole in the team with a new striker. He was too good to be a squad striker and worth too much in terms of resale value to be sat on the bench. Mind I was personally devastated when we sold him, my first footy and Toon hero.

As for Carroll, he can go and fuck himself. I hope he amounts to fuck all in his career.

People rant on about Carroll as if he left us on a free transfer!

:lol:

We made £35m out of him. He also fired us back in to the Premiership during the second half of last season and his goals this season maybe the key reason we stay up this year.  We turned down bids between £20m to £30m. At what amount of money should have Carroll been sold before people don't moan about him leaving? or is there no amount?

I said all along I wouldn't sell him for any money. I support Newcastle United the football team, not its bank balance. 'Moaning' ffs, I couldn't give a fuck what we 'made out of him'.

I did make a point about his contribution over the last 18 months as well. I would have been happy if we rejected the £35m bid and told Carroll to stay. I guess some people move on faster than others, but I can't be bothered to waste energy moaning about him leaving still or hoping he "breaks his legs" or "never amounts to anything" at this stage. It's just a tad pathetic I think. I won't take any pleasure out of seeing him do well at Liverpool, but I'm more than happy to see him do well for England. Also saying Carroll should not leave for any amount of money is just naive. Your saying you would turn down £100m? £200m?

I appreciate this may be a bit of a loaded question, but if Pardew goes out there spends some or all of the £35m and we bring in forwards that fire us even higher up the table next season, would that make you care less about Carroll sale?

Everyone is entitled to feel what they want about the sale of Carroll, I rather he wasn't sold, but I'm not going to say bad things about him and his career now or in future.  We should move on.

I completely agree regarding the wishing injury on him etc, I've never done that. Doesn't change the fact that I'd rather he was still playing for us and no, no amount of money would change that - money doesn't score goals. Of course it would be a lot easier to move on if we had a good replacement and were looking up instead of worrying about relegation still but that's not the case. And if anyone doesn't have any doubts over whether the money will be spent I'd question whether they've even followed the club over the last few years. For a start, bringing in a striker of any repute will bring the associated wages... which we don't pay.

Let Me GUess, you are still booing your eyes out every night because we sold Andy Cole..........

There is a massive difference. Andy Cole wasn't a Geordie and din't move because he wanted to anyway, nor did we need to sell him. He was sold because the manager wanted to change how we played and that meant replacing Cole in the team with a new striker. He was too good to be a squad striker and worth too much in terms of resale value to be sat on the bench. Mind I was personally devastated when we sold him, my first footy and Toon hero.

As for Carroll, he can go and f*** himself. I hope he amounts to f*** all in his career.

We made £35m out of him. He also fired us back in to the Premiership during the second half of last season and his goals this season maybe the key reason we stay up this year.  We turned down bids between £20m to £30m. At what amount of money should have Carroll been sold before people don't moan about him leaving? or is there no amount?

I said all along I wouldn't sell him for any money. I support Newcastle United the football team, not its bank balance. 'Moaning' ffs, I couldn't give a f*** what we 'made out of him'.

I did make a point about his contribution over the last 18 months as well. I would have been happy if we rejected the £35m bid and told Carroll to stay. I guess some people move on faster than others, but I can't be bothered to waste energy moaning about him leaving still or hoping he "breaks his legs" or "never amounts to anything" at this stage. It's just a tad pathetic I think. I won't take any pleasure out of seeing him do well at Liverpool, but I'm more than happy to see him do well for England. Also saying Carroll should not leave for any amount of money is just naive. Your saying you would turn down £100m? £200m?

I appreciate this may be a bit of a loaded question, but if Pardew goes out there spends some or all of the £35m and we bring in forwards that fire us even higher up the table next season, would that make you care less about Carroll sale?

Everyone is entitled to feel what they want about the sale of Carroll, I rather he wasn't sold, but I'm not going to say bad things about him and his career now or in future.  We should move on.

I completely agree regarding the wishing injury on him etc, I've never done that. Doesn't change the fact that I'd rather he was still playing for us and no, no amount of money would change that - money doesn't score goals. Of course it would be a lot easier to move on if we had a good replacement and were looking up instead of worrying about relegation still but that's not the case. And if anyone doesn't have any doubts over whether the money will be spent I'd question whether they've even followed the club over the last few years. For a start, bringing in a striker of any repute will bring the associated wages... which we don't pay.

I have my doubts especially given some of the vibes we've been hearing from Pardew but I'm not gonna be stupid enough to say that no money would have been a good deal until I know for sure that the money is not gonna be spend to strengthen the team. Every player has a price and 35M is a fucking good deal for Carroll, provided yes we spend majority of that money to strengthen the team.

As for Carroll, he can go and fuck himself. I hope he amounts to fuck all in his career.

We made £35m out of him. He also fired us back in to the Premiership during the second half of last season and his goals this season maybe the key reason we stay up this year.  We turned down bids between £20m to £30m. At what amount of money should have Carroll been sold before people don't moan about him leaving? or is there no amount?

I said all along I wouldn't sell him for any money. I support Newcastle United the football team, not its bank balance. 'Moaning' ffs, I couldn't give a fuck what we 'made out of him'.

Everyone is entitled to feel what they want about the sale of Carroll, I rather he wasn't sold, but I'm not going to say bad things about him and his career now or in future.  We should move on.

Just a point on this. If we don't get relegated this season, and then we do finish higher next season, it's not necessarily a case that we have strengthened, because we have effectively sabotaged this season's final league position by selling our best striker without replacement half way through it (and loaning out our only dedicated right winger).

Just for the attention of those who don't believe Carroll could possibly have been 'forced out':

“I don’t want to leave, I would like to stay, but you never know what is going to happen in football. If I say I’m going to stay and then the summer comes and the club accepts an offer for me, what can I do?

“What if an opportunity is given to me that is too good to turn down? I don’t know what will happen in the summer, but I do know I’m really, really happy at Newcastle and I will not be asking to leave.”

Just for the attention of those who don't believe Carroll could possibly have been 'forced out':

“I don’t want to leave, I would like to stay, but you never know what is going to happen in football. If I say I’m going to stay and then the summer comes and the club accepts an offer for me, what can I do?

“What if an opportunity is given to me that is too good to turn down? I don’t know what will happen in the summer, but I do know I’m really, really happy at Newcastle and I will not be asking to leave.”

if the club accepts an offer you wouldn't then expect him to hand in a transfer request.

the second sentence is possibly closer to the carroll scenario in so far as the player receiving  "an offer too good to turn down"

As I recall, all of our decent players have handed in transfer requests before they left. It seems to be the way we do things.

So we don't have to pay the player a 'loyalty bonus' when they leave. Would have saved us millions on Carroll as often players are entitled to 10% of the transfer fee if they haven't asked to leave.

Have heard it said numerous times that players often have loyalty clauses in their contracts like this, so wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Carroll and Given had them too and that we made them hand in transfer requests in order to waive their right to this money in order to leave for massively better contracts.

What if an opportunity is given to me that is too good to turn down? I don’t know what will happen in the summer, but I do know I’m really, really happy at Newcastle and I will not be asking to leave.”

Wouldn't exactly be forced out then.

The point is that it's perfectly possible for players to be happy where they are but generally if a club hawks them around and/or accepts a deal to sell they then start to look at their options. Players leaving doesn't necessarily mean they wanted to leave.

Gutierrez repeats there that he doesn't want to leave, does want to stay, is really, really happy here and will not be asking to leave. If the club accept an offer for him however then the feeling clearly isn't mutual, so things change.

As I recall, all of our decent players have handed in transfer requests before they left. It seems to be the way we do things.

So we don't have to pay the player a 'loyalty bonus' when they leave. Would have saved us millions on Carroll as often players are entitled to 10% of the transfer fee if they haven't asked to leave.

Have heard it said numerous times that players often have loyalty clauses in their contracts like this, so wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Carroll and Given had them too and that we made them hand in transfer requests in order to waive their right to this money in order to leave for massively better contracts.

How did we "make them hand in transfer requests" if they didn't want to leave?

Very contradicting quote there.

“What if an opportunity is given to me that is too good to turn down?" vs "I will not be asking to leave.”

???

He won't ask to leave before a bid has come in, but if Real Madrid offer for him he'll have to consider it

Very contradicting quote there.

“What if an opportunity is given to me that is too good to turn down?" vs "I will not be asking to leave.”

???

He won't ask to leave before a bid has come in, but if Real Madrid offer for him he'll have to consider it

So he will be possibly asking to leave if Real Madrid offer for him? So....he might be asking to leave.....

JUDAS

How did we "make them hand in transfer requests" if they didn't want to leave?

Presumably there's some financial incentive, it's possible that our policy is not to pay loyalty bonuses so we tell buying clubs that if they want a player they have to pay it (see the Barton debacle) and it's the buying club that convinces the player to hand in that request instead.

Even if this isn't the case it's not exactly a good thing that all of our most in-demand players handed in transfer requests is it?

if the club accepts an offer you wouldn't then expect him to hand in a transfer request.

the second sentence is possibly closer to the carroll scenario in so far as the player receiving  "an offer too good to turn down"

I am not saying this is what happened as no-one but the people involved know the details, but this scenario fits the stories from both sides, and seems the most plausible to me:

• NUFC tell supporters and Carroll they are not interested in selling him and he is the future of NUFC
  • NUFC negotiates with LFC and accept offer to sell once LFC have confirmed with CFC they will pay 35m + £15m for Torres
  • NUFC tell Carroll on deadline day they have now accepted an offer to sell him & allow LFC to talk terms with the player
  • LFC tell Carroll they are willing to pay him £X & try to convince him to join
  • Carroll then talks to NUFC & asks them to match what LFC are willing to pay
  • NUFC tell Carroll that if he wants to re-negotiate his contract he has to put in a transfer request
  • Carroll puts in transfer request
  • NUFC then tell Carroll they are not interested in re-negotiating his contract until the Summer, and even then it will not be close to what he is being offered.
  • Carroll says ok, if you're not willing to pay close to what I'm being offered elsewhere you obviously have less ambition as a club than Liverpool and don't really want me to stay very much at all.
  • Carroll flies off in Ashley's waiting helicopter.

NUFC tell Carroll that if he wants to re-negotiate his contract he has to put in a transfer request

How is that plausible in the slightest? :lol: As if Newcastle were trying to trick him into it - "HAHA Transfer request handed in, you can't go back now Andy!" :laugh:

All part of Ashley's evil plan...

http://shootingparrots.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Dick-Dastardly.jpg

NUFC tell Carroll that if he wants to re-negotiate his contract he has to put in a transfer request

How is that plausible in the slightest? :lol: As if Newcastle were trying to trick him into it - "HAHA Transfer request handed in, you can't go back now Andy!" :laugh:

All part of Ashley's evil plan...

http://shootingparrots.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Dick-Dastardly.jpg

Who knows? But for a good half-hour before confirmation came through of Carroll putting in a transfer request, David Craig (llambias' mouthpiece) was talking about Newcastle telling Liverpool they'd sell for £35m.