West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

Gazza going to Italy helped ruin his career. He basically just went bezerk when he got there, never learned a word of the language and just was out on the piss all the time.

So exactly the same as his time in England then.

Excellent.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

#Nufc position re Carroll = unchanged. Bid - loan with view - remains on table & won't be improved, they say. Little expectation of deal.

As things stand, incomings will be restricted to replacements & don't need to sell. #Nufc won't undermine their "model" to pay over odds.

As always, position can change - selling clubs might decide they need cash after all. But that's where it stands for now. #Nufc

ball in Lfc's court

Phil McNulty Verified ‏@philmcnulty

Carroll has shown no appetite to go to West Ham while Newcastle's original position unchanged of loan in first instance. Long 2 days ahead.

9:59 PM - 29 Aug 12

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/29/brendan-rogers-andy-carroll-liverpool

"You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that Andy has been a cover player for us. He has been excellent in terms of his attitude and his acceptance of where he is at but, for us as a football club, and I am talking generically here, I'm not sure we are in a position to have £35m players as third choice strikers or wingers who might be on £5m-£6m a year. I don't think the football club is in that position. This is the challenge that I have to work something but it is not going to be done overnight."

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

#Nufc position re Carroll = unchanged. Bid - loan with view - remains on table & won't be improved, they say. Little expectation of deal.

As things stand, incomings will be restricted to replacements & don't need to sell. #Nufc won't undermine their "model" to pay over odds.

As always, position can change - selling clubs might decide they need cash after all. But that's where it stands for now. #Nufc

ball in Lfc's court

So counting on Lille to crack/Debuchy hands in a request/Real Madrid don't bid....au revoir Mathieu. :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/29/brendan-rogers-andy-carroll-liverpool

"You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that Andy has been a cover player for us. He has been excellent in terms of his attitude and his acceptance of where he is at but, for us as a football club, and I am talking generically here, I'm not sure we are in a position to have £35m players as third choice strikers or wingers who might be on £5m-£6m a year. I don't think the football club is in that position. This is the challenge that I have to work something but it is not going to be done overnight."

Intredasting.

I dont think ive ever seen a manager deal with this type of situation in a worse way than this plonker, happy to invite loans then he would have to be a mentalist to accept loan, hes a great player wont entertain "derisory offers" hes shit and not part of my plans and all gleefully quoted to media

What's the point of that quote from Rodgers? It was clear as day anyway but I cannot see what advantage you can gain by admitting that you want rid of a player, and even admitting that his wages are a hindrance (he probably shouldn't have mentioned any figures at all regarding Andy's contract tbh).

Pretty plain that Rodgers doesn't rate or want Carroll. He will move before the deadline imo, its just to who.

no where because no team in the top 4 wants him.  and i doubt the teams outside the top 4 will match the wages he's on at liverpool or the transfer value.

he made it clear AC wont leave on a loan.

Tomorrow's Liverpool Echo reckons Liverpool would now happily accept West Ham's offer but Carroll doesn't want to go there. They reckon we're miles off, as you'd expect considering West Ham offered to pay all his wages, £2m for the loan and £17m next summer. There's fuck all chance we'll go that high.