West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No doubt we've been offered Carroll, just not for the price we're willing to pay.

I'd be fairly confident that the situation is as follows.

We've made our final offer, and it's sitting on the table and will be there until the window closes. If Liverpool come to us on deadline day and say "Fine, we'll take it" then we'll sign him. If not we'll roll with what we have.

There's a chance that all of this that we're reading in the press from Pardew is our attempt to convince Liverpool that we won't be going back with a new bid. Maybe we're willing to go back with a million or two more on deadline day if we feel Liverpool aren't going to cave. I doubt it personally, but it's a possibility.

Liverpool meanwhile are hoping that either

- We'll up our bid on deadline day and they'll squeeze a bit more cash out of us.

- Another club becomes interested on deadline day and Carroll can be convinced to go there.

I doubt either of those things happen, so ultimately it'll all come down to whether or not Liverpool are prepared to cut their losses and sell him for the amount that we have on the table.

It's clear enough that Rogers doesn't rate him and from his perspective I don't see why he'd keep Carroll. They should still get a pretty decent fee for him even if they are making a massive loss, and I'd imagine for the 12m or so we're probably offering Rogers could bring in a player he really likes.

Reckon it'll go right down to the last few hours anyway and much will depend on whether Liverpool can get their own targets in.

My feeling when we first went after him on loan was that we'd sign him on deadline day, and right now I'm sticking with that.

:thup:

Sounds plausible.

Think that thats the way the club want it to go down as well. Deadline day marquee signing. To lift the morale of the club. Much like the Coloccini and Krul contract extensions before the game against the mackems.

Guest neesy111

we did smash it up to him quite a bit under CH, and pardew then came in and made us play less direct.

Carroll played 3 games under Pardew :lol:

We should get him signed. What a joke it would be after what we received for him.

The tight bastad who runs us won't though, he would rather have his assets in his wallet rather than on the pitch where they are needed.

If this happens, it will be a last couple of hours thing IMO.

Only way I can see it happening is if Liverpool strike lucky with a striking target and need to raise some quick dosh.

Guest Roger Kint

We should get him signed. What a joke it would be after what we received for him.

The tight bastad who runs us won't though, he would rather have his assets in his wallet rather than on the pitch where they are needed.

:lol:

Carroll's not daft though to be fair. He's 3rd choice at liverpool on 90 grand a week, he would be 3rd choice at Newcastle on 50 grand tops. No wonder he's not dishing out transfer requests to furthur his career somewhere else. He's set for life sitting on Liverpool's bench playing the odd cameo.

That would be ironic wouldn't it, to sign in time for the Vile match :lol:

As others have said this could be a last few hours of the window job. I'm not that confident that we'll change our stance enough to get him but Liverpool are that desperate to get rid that you never know.

Guest neesy111

Anyone else thinking that we are waiting to try and get revenge on Liverpool by putting in a better offer at about 4pm tomorrow, leaving them little time to sort a replacement, before they finally have to settle with Shefki Kuqi? No? Just me then...

I wouldn't put it past Ashley like.

Sadly, I think AC is going to be our only signing before the deadline. I don't particularly want him back although it would be handy with multiple competitions this year. I'm predicting and undisclosed fee in the region of £14m.

I'd much rather we paid extra to get Debuchy than bring Andy back.

Guest neesy111

Sadly, I think AC is going to be our only signing before the deadline. I don't particularly want him back although it would be handy with multiple competitions this year. I'm predicting and undisclosed fee in the region of £14m.

Nice copy and paste from Iaw W's post.

???

Guest neesy111

???

:facepalm:

This came up as your post when I saw it a few mins ago.