West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Young Player of the Year if he continues to anywhere near the same level. An absolute gem.....and Geordie!

Bale, no?

I think Bale is having a good enough season to get the grown ups version.  Can a player win both?

Shouldn't be able to imo, but Ronaldo did a few years ago I believe.

5 goals, 3 assists.

Only Nani, Cahill (if you count him as a midfielder), Nasri, our own big Kev and VdV have contributed more in my opinion. Will probably get young player of the season as he has a much better public image than wor Andy.

How many goals will Carroll have to score before they have no choice but to give him the young player award?

In fact, who votes? the players?

Players.  But don't they vote at a daft time in the year?

How many goals will Carroll have to score before they have no choice but to give him the young player award?

Can't remember how it works. There will be a lot of centre halves who will vote for Carroll mind.

they vote now-ish iirc, it's not player of the season but of the year so who has been good in 2010 rather than the start of this season should be the vote

again iirc it tends to go to who has a good first half of the season

Can't remember how it works. There will be a lot of centre halves who will vote for Carroll mind.

And a lot of RBs/RMs voting for Bale ...

And a lot of RBs/RMs voting for Bale ...

Well played sir. Bale is certainly the more media friendly vote.

Since it's player of the year and not "good samaritan" of the year I don't see why Carroll shouldn't get it. Bale plays for a much better side as well. Carroll with some sort of service other than Barton would probably be considered to be a given for that award.

Guest Roger Kint
they vote now-ish iirc, it's not player of the season but of the year so who has been good in 2010 rather than the start of this season should be the vote

again iirc it tends to go to who has a good first half of the season

This always gets forgotten every year.

Nasri will win the young player I'd of thought. Possibly even the proper one as well. They'd never give it to AC, it'd be too controversial in their eyes.

Who's they? The players vote. They wouldn't give a shit about it being controversial.

Nasri will win the young player I'd of thought. Possibly even the proper one as well. They'd never give it to AC, it'd be too controversial in their eyes.

How old is Nasri though?  Young player of the year should be 21 and under imo.

Agreed, it's something like under 40 or something isn't it :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Was in a shoes shop with wor lass in Eldon Square about 5ish tonight and Carroll and some bint walked in, he stood pretty much next to me, he looks taller than his stats but isn't as big in terms of frame as you'd think. Looked a reet tramp mind, was pleased no-one was bothering him, though he was getting some starry eyed looks, seemed quite shy, wouldn't look people in the face etc.