West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If the board decide to sell him it will be much more worse than when we sold Cole.

I just wish that the club would make an official statement that he's not for sale, at any price.

Wouldn't surprise me if they accepted a bid between 15-20m. But imo he's worth alot

more than that considering other transfer fees lately, and that he's just 21 and one

of the best players in the PL this season.

fuckin hell, how hard can spelling be...

I thought they did issue a statement.

Don't see Carroll leaving atm. Maybe in a couple of years time when Ashley has interest from buyers but even then if might count against him.

Great player in the making like, i have high hopes for Ranger too. Beasts the both of them.

They would get an awful lot more money for him in a couple of years if he keeps improving at this rate and by then, maybe we could survive his loss.  At the moment, he is irreplaceable and it would be a huge gamble to sell him. 

If he leaves, I want it to be after he has achieved something here and made a major contribution to our history of number 9s.

What a fantastic player he is, we would be doomed without him tbh. I honestly would not sell him for any figure, considering his style of play and just how young he is. Ok, maybe if we were talking Ronaldo-esque money would i reconsider...

The way he throws himself into the air when he jumps is awesome. Not sure how to describe it but you know what I mean. He has a special technique there that not many can match. He can also hang Henrik Larsson style int he air which is utterly fantastic for such a big guy. He's just fucking class!

His attitude on the pitch is fantastic as well.

No sulking or tantrums or getty lippy with the opposition players and the ref, he just gets on with the job, never gives up and puts in 100% every time - even when he's playing poorly.

Guest Stephen927

When you go to place a value on a player, you have to take into account cost of replacement and just how important the player is. If Carroll is out for any kind of stretch with injury, we'll plummet down the league. And then you take into account how rare players like him are, class in the air and decent on the deck (wahey!), you have to put the valuation at £40m+.

Improved so much in a short space of time, you have to wonder just how much more he'll improve and how quickly.

Btw had he scored from that absolute peach of a cross Barton put in it would have been a fantastic goal. It's a measure of the lad at present that everyone's pretty much forgotten about it because he surprisingly missed. Excellent play.

Btw had he scored from that absolute peach of a cross Barton put in it would have been a fantastic goal. It's a measure of the lad at present that everyone's pretty much forgotten about it because he surprisingly missed. Excellent play.

Oh aye, I was talking about that move for about 5 minutes afterwards.

His movement after giving it to Barton and then charging into the box to meet the cross was absolutely sublime. Never for one moment did I think he'd be able to reach ball in time and meet it like that. Shame he couldn't put it away.

Oh aye, I was talking about that move for about 5 minutes afterwards.

His movement after giving it to Barton and then charging into the box to meet the cross was absolutely sublime. Never for one moment did I think he'd be able to reach ball in time and meet it like that. Shame he couldn't put it away.

I was in full Andy Gray mode after that. I think wor kid was sick of me :lol:

"He said tae Joey 'I'll give you this, get into the box and all you have tae do is put it on ma head'. Joey says 'aye son, no worries, get yerself away' so he does just that and he's unlucky not ta score. Wow. And I mean that."

Difficult to work out the cost to NUFC.

Loss of a top up and coming player

Our team at the moment is built around him

Already had and England cap

Joint second top scorer in his first full prem season

Strong - proven this by bashing most defenders this season

Good touch

Intelligent running

Also can create goals

And all the while doing this in a freshley promoted team.

Imagine what damage he would do with balls lashed in from all corners in a chelsea, arsenal, man city or man utd team.

There's a few good in the air, I just meant hangtime. I don't know how he did it but he just seemed to stay in the air longer than any other player.

Tim Cahill and C. Ron have some serious hang-time as well, hence why they win so many headers for relatively short people.