West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Anyone concerned about this injury, seems to be taking awhile for him to recover.

Makes the bar stool incident seem more plausible

Guest neesy111

Anyone concerned about this injury, seems to be taking awhile for him to recover.

Makes the bar stool incident seem more plausible

Was thinking that as well :(

Not really, he probably shouldn't have been playing with it for the last couple of matches anyway. A longer rest will probably allow it to recover properly.

Guest toonlass

He was limping slightly during the Man Citeh match, the lad who stands behind me pointed it out. Then he played at Spurs. If he was carrying an injury then it's possible that he made it worse meaning more time out.

Any tear in your thigh is fucking awful. You can think it's perfectly fine walking around - even running - but then as soon as you go to kick the ball it's excruciating. Had it happen to myself when I was younger and I couldn't play for about 5/6 weeks, and even when it has recovered and you go to shoot you still have a nagging doubt in your mind that it's going to tear again for a little while afterwards.

Probably the most unpleasant injury I've had tbh.

Any tear in your thigh is f***ing awful. You can think it's perfectly fine walking around - even running - but then as soon as you go to kick the ball it's excruciating. Had it happen to myself when I was younger and I couldn't play for about 5/6 weeks, and even when it has recovered and you go to shoot you still have a nagging doubt in your mind that it's going to tear again for a little while afterwards.

Had a spelk down the jap. Top that

Any tear in your thigh is f***ing awful. You can think it's perfectly fine walking around - even running - but then as soon as you go to kick the ball it's excruciating. Had it happen to myself when I was younger and I couldn't play for about 5/6 weeks, and even when it has recovered and you go to shoot you still have a nagging doubt in your mind that it's going to tear again for a little while afterwards.

Had a spelk down the jap. Top that

:lol:

Can't.

aye had the same, fucking annoying more than anything like as I never realy knew when it was healed, would have a match and end up having to come off after a strike at goal and know i'd probably knacked it up for a few more weeks

Guest marky555

Always recurrent as well. It can go away for months then you overstretch and it comes back in no time. Most annoying injury ever.

Exactly. He should only be back when he's 100% fit. Too often some of our managers have rushed players back only to lose them for longer.

Short-term it's shit having to make do but long-term we'll benefit. If it takes another month then so be it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

By the way Spurs have another 6mil in their pockets from the Bent sale that Sunderland owed them.

They are getting a nice little war chest together for something

;)

By the way Spurs have another 6mil in their pockets from the Bent sale that Sunderland owed them.

They are getting a nice little war chest together for something

;)

Which is why, for all it would be funny to see the mackems waste their money on him, I'd hate to see them manage to sell Pavylechenko any time soon.  :undecided:

Forgive me if I've missed something, but this seems another solid move from Pardew; that is, quite definitely stating Carroll is not for sale. I know that's nothing outstanding to do as a manager but he definitely seems to have his head firmly screwed on in terms of this role.