West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest NQsDiscoPants

NQDP must have missed all the derby day talk from Mackem land where it was all about what a better squad they had and how they were going to exact revenge on us. Now we have the stronger squad and they are injury ravaged (despite us having more players out at the minute than them).

That, quite frankly, is a lie.

You're missing Carroll and Ben Arfa from you're best XI through injury. We have almost an entire team missing.

That's not the point though. The point is that £30m for someone who has had six good months in the PL is absolutely outrageous - I take the point that Ashley may not re-invest it all but still, that's an outrageous figure.

David Villa moved for less recently and he probably the best centre-forward in the world.

Closer to home, Darren Bent moved for less recently and he has scored more goals than any other PL player over the past half-decade.

NQDP must have missed all the derby day talk from Mackem land where it was all about what a better squad they had and how they were going to exact revenge on us. Now we have the stronger squad and they are injury ravaged (despite us having more players out at the minute than them).

You're missing Carroll and Ben Arfa from you're best XI through injury. We have almost an entire team missing.

That's not the point though. The point is that £30m for someone who has had six good months in the PL is absolutely outrageous - I take the point that Ashley may not re-invest it all but still, that's an outrageous figure.

David Villa moved for less recently and he probably the best centre-forward in the world.

Closer to home, Darren Bent moved for less recently and he has scored more goals than any other PL player over the past half-decade.

You are a simpleton, you simply do not understand that a transfer fee is based on more than the ability of a player.

Apart from Drogba and Lampard? (and that's without even checking). What's that stat about?

Tiote? Taylor?

Guest Loven11

Already been mentioned that Pardews press conference today has been put back?

Yep, getting a bit worried about it now like.

Guest toonlass

Here you go NQDP. Sunderland have out:

D Welbeck

D Meyler

L Cattermole

M Turner

F Campbell

Newcastle have out:

D Gosling

S Taylor

A Smith

A Carroll

R Taylor

H Ben Arfa

Now I know you're a Mackem and basic maths is hard for you but 6 is more than 5!

They're sounding fairly convinced it's a fait accompli on FiveLive right now.

im a regular listener to five live and am often ammused how thier semantics on stories change to align with the reality over the day.

You are a simpleton, you simply do not understand that a transfer fee is based on more than the ability of a player.

And I would have thought that Carroll has been a godsend for Ashley.  He has given Newcastle a profile that none of the other players we have can do which in turn promotes his SD brand and will also help if he wants to sell the club.  Without Carroll, we are another run of the mill PL club.

I also think it will affect the morale of the other players and having been saying the club is going in the right direction, they will now question whether that is true.

Guest NQsDiscoPants

Apart from Drogba and Lampard? (and that's without even checking). What's that stat about?

:lol: defoe and rooney must push bent close off the top of my head too

and tevez

Happy checking.