West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

@danwalkerbbc

Carroll latest: doesn't want to leave but #NUFC will accept £35 million apparently. Negotiations this afternoon. Interesting #LFC

He talks bollocks most of the time though, i'd take that with a pinch of salt.

If he leaves for Spurs or Liverpool I'll be very disappointed quite frankly.

Man U, Chelsea or even Man City I'd understand, but Spurs and Liverpool are hardly superpowers in the game who'll pretty much gaurantee him medals (or in the case of Man City, a truly obscene amount of money) in the very immediate future.

Sure they're a step up from us at present, but surely being a local lad counts for something?

Would be class if a bid was accepted and he travelled down to Liverpool/Spurs and kicked the fuck out of Dalglish or Redknapp rather than signed a contract.

Ashley won't sell him today, he'll be sold in the summer when the £35m+ bids flow in.

It's probably a whoosh, but if you're serious then £35m is only going about cos it's last day of transfers.  No way is Carroll worth £35m. 

Wasn't David Villa a lot less?

Indeed he was, but we're in the here and now, and it's panic purchase time for Liverpool.

Guest NQsDiscoPants

Ashley won't sell him today, he'll be sold in the summer when the £35m+ bids flow in.

It's probably a whoosh, but if you're serious then £35m is only going about cos it's last day of transfers.  No way is Carroll worth £35m. 

He was, but apparently Carroll is worth more than the world's best striker, despite being unproven at Premier League level, because he's "local".

Indeed he was, but we're in the here and now, and it's panic purchase time for Liverpool.

That's my point though - Come summer, there won't be bids of £35m+ as suggested by Colocho

David Craig also said that Ashley want's to build a team that will make Newcastle fans proud and challange in the league. take from that what you w

@danwalkerbbc

Carroll latest: doesn't want to leave but #NUFC will accept £35 million apparently. Negotiations this afternoon. Interesting #LFC

BULL. SHIT

just a feeling but i wouldn't be suprised if that was close to the truth

@danwalkerbbc

So the club are going to negotiate a price for him to say he's not leaving and wants to stay making Ashley look like a prized greedy twat? All this after the club has repeatedly said the don't want to sell him.

Honestly what absolute rubbish.

He was, but apparently Carroll is worth more than the world's best striker, despite being unproven at Premier League level, because he's "local".

That's the point though, he pretty much is proven at the premier league level, whereas all the big names from abroad aren't necessarily going to adapt or like playing in it. Yes Carroll's only had half a season but any premier manager knows he is pretty much unstoppable whether he scores 10 goals in a season or 20. He causes havoc and that is priceless.

This is annoying you quite a bit isnt it  :aww:

@danwalkerbbc

BULL. s***

What's wrong with that?

@danwalkerbbc

BULL. s***

What's wrong with that?

What's wrong? Nothing, it'd be just great!

David Craig also said that Ashley want's to build a team that will make Newcastle fans proud and challange in the league. take from that what you w

@danwalkerbbc

BULL. SHIT

just a feeling but i wouldn't be suprised if that was close to the truth

And buy who as a replacement (as our Championship striekforce)?! Seriously, its stupidity selling him now. As everyone has said, why now, if we're goign to sell him surely the summer is by far the better option. If he goes and we have to continue with shit strikers, fans discontent etc for the rest of the season, expect us to struggle badly! I can't imagine the players being happy us selling one of our best players, I could see a couple changing their mind about staying put amid interest from big clubs. I'd think that, fuck it, I'm off too then.

Don't let Sky's bombardment of bullshit fool you.