West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's quite impressive how much aggressive reaction there is, given the complete lack of confirmation here.

This could all be 100% horse-shit for all we know, it's pretty standard affair for these deals to appear on tranny day, only for them to have been utter shit made up to make the day seem more interesting.

Anyways, if it were true, I'd accept whatever happened tbh, he's not worth that much money, but it's god awful timing.

Guest Ridzuan

We'll just develop Ranger into the new Carroll and deadlier ;)

That wont happen unfortunately. I rather keep Carroll and sell Ranger instead.

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Wondered when this would start.

Don't agree with it, but can understand why they'd accept £35m. You'll struggle to find many chairmen that wouldn't.

:mackems: @ CMcQ

Why support a club with no ambition, one which sells its own players and treats its fans and managers like s***?

And why laugh at me for pointing out that that is difficult?

Go support City then.

Guess, you didn't support or know about what selling your best players did in the 80's then.  Pushed us to the brink of the 3rd tier of English football.

Eh?

I'll be supporting Newcastle long after Carroll retires. Can't stand muppets talking about giving up on the club because we've been offered an incredible fee for a striker.

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Don't agree with it, but can understand why they'd accept £35m. You'll struggle to find many chairmen that wouldn't.

Why support a club with no ambition, one which sells its own players and treats its fans and managers like s***?

Go support City then.

That's exactly the kind of ill-educated tripe gets spewed out far too often around here.

"We're selling our best players, but f*** me, that's a lot of McFlurries.  SELL!"

This is Newcastle United.  We're not some team of village idiots.  We're supposedly a Premiership football team that wants to get back into Europe.  This is the wrong decision, at the wrong time.

Too many fair weather supporters these days.

Bollocks total bollocks.

It's fans like you criticising others, who are f***ing wankers in it all.

I'm criticising a fan who is going to stop supporting the club cos of the sale of one player. Too right I am.

:thup:

Bollocks to you as well.  It's not this decision, it's the countless decisions that Mike Ashley has done wish is pushing the fans over the edge.

It's fairweather fans like yourself that are prepared to DO FUCK ALL while the club is being ripped apart again who don't deserve the club to be successful.

What are you going to do from the other side of the world?

Feeling there's going to be a bid accepted.

Liverpool need to replace Torres, pretty sure it was a case of 'name your price' and we've told them 35m.

Chance to be an absolute legend for Carroll if that turns out to be the case, can you imagine if he told them to get stuffed? He'd be the king of Newcastle.

and we are not desperate?

He thinks he is above anyone else with his views tbh.

Poor, at best, Michael. Chris, at the end of the day, you'll be back - you said the same thing (almost verbatim) when Hughton was sacked. It came across as though you were of the impression that the majority of the NUFC supporters were also incensed by the decision and you started the "official protest" bandwagon...when people had a chance to think it over and they realised that perhaps this wasn't the falling of the sky, they soon got back into the normal swing of things (i.e. going to matches). It'll be the same with Carroll, even if he is sold - no one player is bigger than the club, so long as we have 11 players out there who are putting their all in for the black and white shirt, people will still care about the club.

At the end of the day, Stu, we as fans deserve better than the way Ashley has treated us.

I have attended one home match since Hughton's sacking.  The protest was a success, in my opinion.  We got our opinions out there, and we made them clear.  Yes, Ashley's still here. 

The tragedy in all of this is not that Carroll is sold.  It's not that Hughton was sacked.  It's that our owner is disconnected from the fan base, and there's not one thing we can do to change that. 

We're all being shafted.  I guess people just react to it differently.  And you're right, I will be back because I love this club.  But that's not a justification for anything that's done, nor does it negate in anyway how wrong that is.

Chance to be an absolute legend for Carroll if that turns out to be the case, can you imagine if he told them to get stuffed? He'd be the king of Newcastle.

It'd be fucking immense :lol:

Guest Loven11

We came into this window needing to sign a striker.  We look to have loaned out Xisco and maybe might be selling Carroll with no time to sign anything close to a decent replacement.  There is no way selling him right now would be a good idea.

I think we won't sell him because obviously we would need to replace him and it's too late for that in this window imo so I'm hanging on to the hope that we won't sell him. Really hope the lad stays.

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Look, I understand that.

I know its a lot of money.  But Ashley should know that Carroll is irreplaceable.  He's not going to get anyone better in, certainly not someone with the potential to be what Carroll could be for us over the next ten years.

Ashley has fucked up so many times before, and Carroll does not want to leave.  Ashley should get behind Carroll and the fans for once, and just hold on for one day.  If Carroll went for the same price in the summer, at the start of the summer, then fair enough.  We could rebuild the squad decently.  But now, with no replacements that we know of lined up (since no one in January could replace him for sensible money), this is a stupid, stupid decision.

Money is NOT everything in football.  And if it is, now, then the game's a shadow of what it once was.

Why do we need to get someone better in?  How about using any money we receive (IF is happens) to improve the team overall.  We could get a new winger (£10m), new striker (£15m), second striker (£10m).

By 11pm tonight?

We don't have goalscoring strikers. We could end up back in the Championship come May.

Don't be fucking daft, we have goalscorers in the team, if you want any evidence of that, see our last 4 games without Carroll.  We also have 30 points already, we aren't going to collapse and suddenly only get half a point per game average just because Carroll is gone.  My point is its totally short sighted to talk about how any money we receive wouldn't get us a better striker then Carroll, as if the only way to go is to spunk £35m on a replacement.  The intelligent way to go would be to spend it on 3 or 4 players that would all improve our first team.

It'd be fucking immense :lol:

Kenny said to Carroll will you come and sign for us........