West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some people need to think about this, nearly £40 million for a player who is far from proven at this level and wants to go, yes it will be a shame to see him go, but it is a fantastic deal for the club. No one player is bigger than NUFC.

f***ing hell, people on here are thick as mince. This is Mike Ashley. It's been on the cards since Pardew was appointed, in fact this is exactly WHY he was appointed.

The club have accepted a bid and that tells Andy Carroll "you are not as important to us as this money". Same reason Les Ferdinand didn't turn round when Shearer's knee buckled even though he wanted to stay 100%.

We wanted to sell Ferdinand in the first place though. Here we've rejected it and then he's fucked off.

Guest GeordieAce

There was always a time when he was going to move on, just didn't think it would be in January and to a horrible club like Liverpool. I'd wish him well, but the fact he has handed a transfer request in and went to the bin dippers, I hope he is the biggest transfer flop in footballing history.

People think this is FM with all this 'if we accepted a bid why we would he hand in a transfer request'. It's fucking not. Someone from LFC calls up and says 'we'll offer x', we say 'yes', tell them the conditions that Carroll has to say he handed in a transfer request, tell Carroll, Carroll doesn't mind staying or leaving, especailly since he'll be getting a massive and instant raise, so he goes along with it. Lots of non-disclosure agreements are signed, lots of money changes hand and at the end of it, Liverpool can say they got a player that wanted to play for them and Ashley can say that he did all he could do keep Carroll. Everybody's happy, and both sets of fans love their owners more after today.

alot of pressure on him to perform from the off. likely be wearing torres' number 9 and coming back from a lay off from injury, if he doesnt hit the ground running people will be saying waste of money not worth 35m etc

People think this is FM with all this 'if we accepted a bid why we would he hand in a transfer request'. It's fucking not. Someone from LFC calls up and says 'we'll offer x', we say 'yes', tell them the conditions that Carroll has to say he handed in a transfer request, tell Carroll, Carroll doesn't mind staying or leaving, especailly since he'll be getting a massive and instant raise, so he goes along with it. Lots of non-disclosure agreements are signed, lots of money changes hand and at the end of it, Liverpool can say they got a player that wanted to play for them and Ashley can say that he did all he could do keep Carroll. Everybody's happy, and both sets of fans love their owners more after today.

In one.

I've trying to work out how much he was worth for a while but I guess we've ound out.  Thing that gets me though is our side is designed for Carroll, we play the way that suits him.  Liverpool will have to change their style of play for it to work.  He needs a certain type of side to do well.  Balls in the box at every chance are vital.  Liverpool like to play through the centre, I'm not sure its gonna be that succesful for Carroll doing that.

I'm sure he'll score goals but I don't think he'll score as many as he would for us.

Yup.

It's turned from anger to sadness now.

Really thought he wanted to stay and build something here. He looked like the next great no. 9 :(

Lets all hope Phil Airey turns into something class.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Does he want to leave- Yes

Have we ripped of Liverpool and got a fantastic deal- Yes

Some people never learn. Fantastic deal for Fat Mike yes, but not for NUFC.