West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Taking your FM research a bit far aren't you Obi? :lol:

But seriously, Carroll is just coming across as a real dick.

Yeah :( Though it helps rate their hidden mental attributes to watch what they do away from the field - all a bunch of drunken charvers.

If we were to get a bid anywhere north of £4m I'd accept it, he's starting to frustrate me now.

Glad you gave him half a season man.. how very generous of you

Although I haven't seen every game this season, it's obvious to me that Carroll is a useful player. I agree that he lacks composure and falls down in nearly every challenge but he's among England's most promising players right now. He's a local lad and a fan of the club.. show some support ffs

Better control than Lovenkrands.

yeah.. you see.. I was afraid to post here all day cause I knew you'd bring it up in the first occasion, I knew you're waiting for me in the shadows.. like a motherfucking hyena or something .. I can easily act a twat (like you) and argue he's the new Shearer all night but I won't.

but still, I think he has better ball control than Lovenkrands :)

Just a bit of banter mate. Who's the new Shearer btw?

It's all good man  :-*

I'm undecided.. until last night I thought it was either Carroll or Ranger but it may turn out to be little Petey Lovenkrands or even Harewood.. why not :cheesy:

Don't know whats more laughable - the rumour or the pricetag

Bolton manager Owen Coyle is ready to test Newcastle’s resolve to hang on to Andy Carroll with a £2million bid for the Gateshead-born striker.

Carroll, who was 20 last week, has impressed several Premier League managers and scouts in his first full season, even though he has scored only four goals in Newcastle’s promotion charge.

After failing to land Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford after his £1.25m bid was turned down, Newcastle boss Chris Hughton is understandably keen to hang on to the former academy forward.

But if Coyle is prepared to meet Newcastle’s valuation, owner Mike Ashley may cash in.

Bolton are also interested in £5million-rated Nottingham Forest midfielder Chris Cohen.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1243320/New-Bolton-boss-Owen-Coyle-moves-quickly-Newcastles-Andy-Carroll.html#ixzz0cdrE1t7l

I think ashley might be tempted to cash in on him, however i think he can be a usefull player in the premiership even without that many goals.

Kevin Davies comes to mind, and he usually get 10 or less, and is still an usefull player for his team.

Don't know whats more laughable - the rumour or the pricetag

Bolton manager Owen Coyle is ready to test Newcastle’s resolve to hang on to Andy Carroll with a £2million bid for the Gateshead-born striker.

Carroll, who was 20 last week, has impressed several Premier League managers and scouts in his first full season, even though he has scored only four goals in Newcastle’s promotion charge.

After failing to land Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford after his £1.25m bid was turned down, Newcastle boss Chris Hughton is understandably keen to hang on to the former academy forward.

But if Coyle is prepared to meet Newcastle’s valuation, owner Mike Ashley may cash in.

Bolton are also interested in £5million-rated Nottingham Forest midfielder Chris Cohen.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1243320/New-Bolton-boss-Owen-Coyle-moves-quickly-Newcastles-Andy-Carroll.html#ixzz0cdrE1t7l

Now that Kevin Davies is getting old they need to ensure they can still play hoffball for another decade.

A useful player in a team that avoided relegation narrowly last season and probably this.

should be useful in a team that got relegated then? :D

edit: as you said :)

however i won't cry if we got a good price for him.. and neither if we keep him.

Guest Brazilianbob

If you can't see what a good player Carroll is you should go and support the mackems rather than bitch about him on here.

There is a string of EPL mamnagers champing at the bit to sign him because they can see how good he is and how much better he can become --Given time and experience -- OK he may not currently be as good, or made the sort of impact as some of the young bloods in the EPL, and granted he has his limitations as do all players, but that doesn't make him a bad player.    If he is sold NUFC will live to regret it.

If you can't see what a good player Carroll is you should go and support the mackems rather than bitch about him on here.

There is a string of EPL mamnagers champing at the bit to sign him because they can see how good he is and how much better he can become --Given time and experience -- OK he may not currently be as good, or made the sort of impact as some of the young bloods in the EPL, and granted he has his limitations as do all players, but that doesn't make him a bad player.    If he is sold NUFC will live to regret it.

i wouldnt have thought so. He's an option, that is all.

I think Carroll would be more highly rated and probably more appreciated if we had a decent goalscorer playing alongside him. Our problem is that none of our strikers are the play-off-the-shoulder sort, so a lot of the ball winning and hold up play done by Carroll and Ranger is wasted.  What we need right now is someone more direct and clinical in front of goal, who can feed off the likes of Carroll.  Right now we're relying on Carroll to bang in the goals, so when he misses chances or doesn't get in the right position it's frustrating as fuck, but that's not really his game. He does trouble defenders and win a lot of balls in the air but without a decent player to run off him and feed off the flicks all that goes to waste.

Take Heskey as an example - he hardly scores at all but he's still very highly rated for the way he creates chances for others by holding the ball up and winning headers. If his team was relying on him for goals the fans would fucking hate him because he's a donkey, but they don't. The teams that have signed him have played him alongside a decent pacy goalscorer and in almost every case the partnership has flourished.

I still rate rate Carroll but I think he's a victim of circumstance. He's not a natural goalscorer but put him alongside someone like Beckford and we might be onto a winner.

I think Carroll would be more highly rated and probably more appreciated if we had a decent goalscorer playing alongside him. Our problem is that none of our strikers are the play-off-the-shoulder sort, so a lot of the ball winning and hold up play done by Carroll and Ranger is wasted.  What we need right now is someone more direct and clinical in front of goal, who can feed off the likes of Carroll.  Right now we're relying on Carroll to bang in the goals, so when he misses chances or doesn't get in the right position it's frustrating as f***, but that's not really his game. He does trouble defenders and win a lot of balls in the air but without a decent player to run off him and feed off the flicks all that goes to waste.

Take Heskey as an example - he hardly scores at all but he's still very highly rated for the way he creates chances for others by holding the ball up and winning headers. If his team was relying on him for goals the fans would f***ing hate him because he's a donkey, but they don't. The teams that have signed him have played him alongside a decent pacy goalscorer and in almost every case the partnership has flourished.

I still rate rate Carroll but I think he's a victim of circumstance. He's not a natural goalscorer but put him alongside someone like Beckford and we might be onto a winner.

This ^^