West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest elbee909

We won't get relegated, but this summer is gonna be huge depressing for us!

So true :lol:

As I think I said somewhere else, Dalglish is a cock.

just remembered harry saying they hadnt bid for carroll and the bloke on sunday supplement saying spurs definitely haven't bid.

at the time i thought it was pr by ashley to make it seem like we've had a good window when we dont sell carroll, but now its pretty obvious. put out the bid story, invite offers, get cash.

would follow that harry would then give that interview saying he was 'having a good laugh at how newcastle did everything they could to keep him'.

wonder why pardew was brought in?

Apparently we're spending ALL of the money on....buying Andy Carroll :lol:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/233918494.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1296511362&Signature=NI7OzNkExZgGxHcI92YpiROYsRA%3D

End of day Carol a self confessed NUFC fan WANTED to leave , yeah blame Ashley , Pardew etc the one c**t in this is mixing with the shell suit brigade down scouse land lets not lose sight of the big two fingers that Carol has waved at us

And also maybe the big 75 fingers that Dalglish has waved at Carroll.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

The really sad thing is that Andy never got a full season to try to win at Newcastle.  In his 1 and a half years getting consistent burn on the team, we won the Championship and are in the top half of the most grueling league in the world with a squad that has had it's share of injuries and mostly the same players from the Championship side.  He never got a good strike partner at Newcastle, he never got a full season with the same manager (in the Prem at least).

HE WAS our nucleus.  HE WAS the ciritical building block for the team to get back to European contention.  HE WAS signed to a deal through 2015.

Now we're a team trying to build a nucleus of players to deliver us success, and that can do so without spending like City, Chelsea, and Liverpool.

The thing is we just sold the best building block we could ever possibly have imagined.

If you close your eyes and think about the kind of player you'd want to build a team around, you'd think of a young, hardworking striker who can get goals.

We just had one.  Now we don't.  That we don't anymore shows the opposite of ambition for football success.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/233918494.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1296511362&Signature=NI7OzNkExZgGxHcI92YpiROYsRA%3D

:omg:

Guest elbee909

He'd be an improvement at least.

I wonder how much Shearer would have be worth in today's market.

Well, we can only imagine a player top Prem scorer with 30 goals two years in a row and top scorer at the 2010 WC... and English with their inflated prices these days... :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I've just realised that I have never heard Carroll interviewed and therefore the first time I will get to hear him speak is when he talking about signing for Liverpool :(

Bet he sounds Scouse.  :harry:

Fucking deadline day bollocks. Fucking Liverpool. Cunts.

Woke up this morning feeling really optimistic as well too.

They better get in a replacement.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_6123.png

;D ;D ;D

Guest neesy111

Question here, do people think Carroll is worth 70-80k a week, and would have you put him on a contract like that at NUFC.

For a very good 6 months I still would have not put him such big wages.

just remembered harry saying they hadnt bid for carroll and the bloke on sunday supplement saying spurs definitely haven't bid.

at the time i thought it was pr by ashley to make it seem like we've had a good window when we dont sell carroll, but now its pretty obvious. put out the bid story, invite offers, get cash.

would follow that harry would then give that interview saying he was 'having a good laugh at how newcastle did everything they could to keep him'.

wonder why pardew was brought in?

What's your opinion on alien abduction and Area 51?

I was going to say that one upside of the day for me has been that none of this has hurt in the slightest. In broad terms I've expected these negative developments for a while so I've already been able to react to them.

But I've realised I'm wrong - what Donaldson said, that disturbs me.

I've just realised that I have never heard Carroll interviewed and therefore the first time I will get to hear him speak is when he talking about signing for Liverpool :(

I really hope the press grill him on his comments (TODAY for fuck's sake) that he's here for life etc, and we get some decent soundbites. Though somehow with it being Liverpool I highly doubt it.