West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest TrueToon

Alot of angry people in this thread.I think once we all think about the reality of this it will be forgotten,Carrol is an idiot for talking shit so we move on without him,I personally don't care.My only worry is getting a replacement in this summer.Which i hope we will.I'm not going to be a pessamist about it all,No point.

I was going to say that one upside of the day for me has been that none of this has hurt in the slightest. In broad terms I've expected these negative developments for a while so I've already been able to react to them.

But I've realised I'm wrong - what Donaldson said, that disturbs me.

Is it the 'real' Donaldson?

Was he talking about accepting £35m?

Was he talking about leaving the Toon for Liverppol?

Its twitter.

Facebook

Facebook? Oh well!

Its definitely him, deleted the comment now. Little shithouse.

Just got back on. What he say?

Would it surprise anyone if this is already sorted and we've told them to delay the announcement so that we can claim tomorrow that it was too late to do anything? I mean it was too late anyway, but every little helps.

Just been thinking the same.

Think it's more to do with waiting for the Torres transfer to be confirmed first.

this, liverpool can't move until they get the torres cash

Right, fuck Carroll, we need a replacement in the next hour.

I can believe the sum of our transfer business is the permanent purchase of HBA who is still injured.

Why do we constantly weaken ourselves in promising positions.

Are we really going to finish the season with Best/Ameobi/Lovenkrands/Ranger???

Tell me this isn't a fucking joke.

Would it surprise anyone if this is already sorted and we've told them to delay the announcement so that we can claim tomorrow that it was too late to do anything? I mean it was too late anyway, but every little helps.

Oh that Ashley, he's a fucking genius.  He forces Carroll into putting in a transfer request, now he's getting Liverpool to help him in his Machiavellian schemes.  Seriously, hope you're taking the piss Dave?  "We needed to wait until the transfer had been officially completed before signing any new player" is worth fuck all as an excuse like.

It's worth noting that Liverpool currently sit just two points ahead of us' date=' having played one more game. They are currently managed by a failed ex-Newcastle manager who trawled the world to bring us Andreas Andersson, Stephane Guivarc'h and George Georgiadis...[/quote']

...and Shay Given, Dietmar Hamman, Gary Speed, Nobby Solano...   :rolleyes:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just been thinking the same.

Think it's more to do with waiting for the Torres transfer to be confirmed first.

this, liverpool can't move until they get the torres cash

ARGH! We're stuck in a Chain!  :frantic:

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

The really sad thing is that Andy never got a full season to try to win at Newcastle.  In his 1 and a half years getting consistent burn on the team, we won the Championship and are in the top half of the most grueling league in the world with a squad that has had it's share of injuries and mostly the same players from the Championship side.  He never got a good strike partner at Newcastle, he never got a full season with the same manager (in the Prem at least).

HE WAS our nucleus.  HE WAS the ciritical building block for the team to get back to European contention.  HE WAS signed to a deal through 2015.

Now we're a team trying to build a nucleus of players to deliver us success, and that can do so without spending like City, Chelsea, and Liverpool.

The thing is we just sold the best building block we could ever possibly have imagined.

If you close your eyes and think about the kind of player you'd want to build a team around, you'd think of a young, hardworking striker who can get goals.

We just had one.  Now we don't.  That we don't anymore shows the opposite of ambition for football success.

Nolan is the nucleus. He's the one that galvinised the players.

I mean more like the young nucleus that will get this club to Europe, which we all should expect.  Nolan is the skipper and a great leader, but I'm talking more about the core of talented young players that we should be looking to build the team around.  Nolan is good, but do we expect him to be here and contributing so much in 3-4 years? 

Carroll was the player that we should have been building our team around to get to Europe in the next couple of years.  Now I suppose it's Ben Arfa, but I'm not so optimistic on him being around past next January with the current management.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What did Donaldson say?

Santa is dead.

Just when I thought the day couldn't get any worse :(

R.I.P Santa

:sadnod:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What did Donaldson say?

Santa is dead.

Just when I thought the day couldn't get any worse :(

R.I.P Santa

:sadnod:

Fuck that jolly fat red cunt.

Mike, you're the worst self appointed EPL Commissionaire ever, though you are the first.

David Craig on the phone :frantic:

Phoning Babestation.

;D ;D ;D