West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carroll is not mentioning his new contract demands. Its rather telling isnt it?

The guy is a great great footballer but a real shithead at the same time. Offcourse he will try to put all the blame on the easy targets Ashley and Llambias.

Guest neesy111

Anyone reading those quotes from Carroll can't still believe he's in the wrong here. Yes, he might be talking s*** as well, but it's impossible to believe the club's side of the story here when they've lied about virtually everything since they Ashley took over.

WHAT!!!! Carroll has said he asked for a new contract AFTER liverpool had made a bid, in a bid to get more money from the whole saga which just strikes as utter greed from him and his agent.

"I was in talks about a new contract and talking to the gaffer about that. He told me that they are now not going to give me a contract. That was as soon as the offer of £30m came in. So I asked why (I wasn’t getting a new contract) and he said his hands were tied."

Where in that does he say he asked for a new contract after Liverpool made the bid? He's saying he was in talks then the club stopped them when the bid was received. Maybe he shouldn't have been looking for a new contract so soon after signing one but it does happen when someone's value increased so quickly, pretty sure Bale did similar at Spurs recently.

I was in talks about a new contract, yeah only 2 months after you had signed one.  Convientely you ask it around the time of when numerous bids have been made for yourself.  If you believe that, you'll believe anything.

We shouldn't have been looking at Liverpool for loan signings on the last day, we should have been looking everywhere throughout the window, even with Carroll we we're still short up front and on the wings, and the fact Bentley, Martins & Sturridge (who all would have improved us) have made 6 month loan moves to 'lesser' clubs shows that we simply never did enough. Even Gudjohnsen who moved to Fulham in the final hours would have greatly improved us.

Fuck after all the club has done for this kid, he goes behind our backs and asks for a new fucking contract.

3 Months ago he got a new contract, if he wasn't happy then why did he sign it? When he was in court, the club captain took him home and helped him out. How does he repay everyone? By fucking us over, he's a fucking judas and that's it.

Enough, everyone knows Ashleys a twat, but Carroll has now joined that club. They're equally stupid, but on this one I'm on Ashleys hand. We got £36 million for a player barely worth half of it (talentwise) I know that if you look on how important he is we shouldn't have sold, but now its done and we mugged Liverpool anyways. At least it wasn't for like £15 million, it was £35 million. FFS he's not the 8th best player of all time, he wasn't even the 8th best player in this league.

it's over move forward, blame Ashley, Derek, Andy, whoever, it wont change the fact that he's gone.

I think Carroll has doe the right thing IF he did ask for a newer inproved contract. He'll be thinking £35m footballers are paid more than £30k pw so why should he be different. Common sense should have seen the Club deny both the bid and the request with a promise to renogotiate in the summer.

But, you're correct he's gone now so - onwards and upwards.

If you did not want to leave. Then you should have said no. Dont be an idiot and Say i did not Want to leave but i signed for Liverpool anyway. All players are THE Same = money rules.

Respect and loyalty are gone in modern football.

Fact is as long as fat basterd is in charge we Will get f...... Over time and time again.

Anyone reading those quotes from Carroll can't still believe he's in the wrong here. Yes, he might be talking s*** as well, but it's impossible to believe the club's side of the story here when they've lied about virtually everything since they Ashley took over.

WHAT!!!! Carroll has said he asked for a new contract AFTER liverpool had made a bid, in a bid to get more money from the whole saga which just strikes as utter greed from him and his agent.

"I was in talks about a new contract and talking to the gaffer about that. He told me that they are now not going to give me a contract. That was as soon as the offer of £30m came in. So I asked why (I wasn’t getting a new contract) and he said his hands were tied."

Where in that does he say he asked for a new contract after Liverpool made the bid? He's saying he was in talks then the club stopped them when the bid was received. Maybe he shouldn't have been looking for a new contract so soon after signing one but it does happen when someone's value increased so quickly, pretty sure Bale did similar at Spurs recently.

They did good point, Perfect example of alternative way of dealing with it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1326774/Gareth-Bale-offered-bumper-pay-deal-Europes-big-clubs-plot-swoop.html

we will never know....move on!

it happened (sadly), but think about it....if we buy 2 quality strikers, a defending midfielder to challenge tiote and a better (more attacking RB) i think we will challenge spurs for 5th position.

hopefully ireland will start producing again and sign for us in the summer. cover for LB and we are rocking!

should be possible for the caroll money!

Guest neesy111

Now hold on a second here. Did he say anything about the terms of that contract? Couldn't the new contract be considered an indication that he wasn't interested in going?

After 2 months after signing one.  That should be enough in anyone's book.  You only ask for a new contract after signing one 2 months earlier for MONEY!

Of course a new contract is about money but his value has basically gone from next to nothing to 30 odd million in a year. He's our best and most important player and yet he's on 30k a week, while others are on a lot more. I think i'd be asking for a new contract as well.

Not 2 Months after signing a new one.

f*** after all the club has done for this kid, he goes behind our backs and asks for a new f***ing contract.

3 Months ago he got a new contract, if he wasn't happy then why did he sign it? When he was in court, the club captain took him home and helped him out. How does he repay everyone? By f***ing us over, he's a f***ing judas and that's it.

Enough, everyone knows Ashleys a t***, but Carroll has now joined that club. They're equally stupid, but on this one I'm on Ashleys hand. We got £36 million for a player barely worth half of it (talentwise) I know that if you look on how important he is we shouldn't have sold, but now its done and we mugged Liverpool anyways. At least it wasn't for like £15 million, it was £35 million. FFS he's not the 8th best player of all time, he wasn't even the 8th best player in this league.

it's over move forward, blame Ashley, Derek, Andy, whoever, it wont change the fact that he's gone.

:clap:

Btw still cannot believe he is the 8th most expensive player in world football.

2010/11 transfers for comparison to the Carroll deal, not saying they're all better than Carroll, or even in the same mould but if we're talking value for money, it really does underline why we need to look abroad for any potential replacement:

Andy Carroll - £35m

David Villa - £34m

Ibrahimovic - £21.25m

Ozil - £12.75m

Soldado - £8.5m

Affelay - £3m

Aduriz - £3.5m

J Hernandez - £6m

Cassano - £4.25m

Krasic - £12.75m

Almeida - £1.75m

Simao - £6m

Gourcuff - £18.5m

Briand - £5m

Moutinho - £9.25m

Huntelaar - £11m

Eduardo - £6m

Diego - £12.75m

Let's be honest....there is a huge difference between saying "we don't want you....go" and "this is huge offer, one that we think is too good to turn down, and so we are going to accept it"

This was a situation where plans changed.

I don't think NUFC wanted to sell Andy, and I think that he was happy to stay. But that was when the bids were around 15-20-25M.

Once they hit 30 and 35 the situation changed for NUFC, and once the wages went to 80K then I think it changed for Andy too.

This turned into a situation that was too good for both Andy and the club (looking longer term than we are - and future investment opportunities)

Now hold on a second here. Did he say anything about the terms of that contract? Couldn't the new contract be considered an indication that he wasn't interested in going?

After 2 months after signing one.  That should be enough in anyone's book.  You only ask for a new contract after signing one 2 months earlier for MONEY!

Of course a new contract is about money but his value has basically gone from next to nothing to 30 odd million in a year. He's our best and most important player and yet he's on 30k a week, while others are on a lot more. I think i'd be asking for a new contract as well.

I think even Ashley would have accepted negotiations at the end of the season. But 2 months just because a club's put in a ridiculous bid is taking the piss. It's nothing to do with his market value. It's to do with a precedent it sets, no matter what you say about it being an exceptional case or whatever, that's not the way it'll be seen. Other players will see it as a marker that they can demand a new contract after a purple patch of form and they don't think they're being valued highly.

Because ?

He wasnt being valued at 35m two months ago

tiote will now be valued at more than 3.5mill, jose at more than 6mill....should they bang on the door for a new contract after any good run of form ?

Jayson, back the square one, do you think the club should bow down to Carroll's ridiculous demand?

Ashley has decided that Carroll should be sold once helding the club to ransom (pretty clear, please) and rest, yes, is manipulation. What's wrong with that then?

Ashley's trying his best to get the max money for the club (or himself, anyway) which is correct.

Or you think Ashley should tell Carroll "My dear son, you shouldn't do that, no next time ok?" and let Carroll to create troubles within the team?

Helding the club to ransom is unacceptable at any case.

Carroll's asking for a new contract AFTER Liverpool made the bid. FFS.

I think this is a remarkable circumstance in which Carrolls previously agreed wage doesnt match the rest of the prems idea of his valuation. I think Carroll became obviously very aware of that & tried to use it to alter what he was making. I think we should have reacted to that by negotiating his contract yes.

For other players no, in this situation yes. This situation probably hasnt ever happened in football before.

Outside of that i doubt Carroll would have created issues if we'd just rejected the bid & wage increase demands. He gets on with the players in the side & loves the club. Adam is in a similar situation at blackpool. There were many other ways to do it, we wanted the money & i dont necessarily agree that it was the best decision for our club. Its just very debateable.

Not for a player who just have 6 months EPL experience and 3 months after new contract's signed.  I understand your point, really.  I would accept it if Carroll agrees to sign a new contract of 90k after this season ends, subject to his performance.  He is just too greedy by doing so NOW.  What will other players feel if we really agree to his demands?  If I am Enrique I would immediately submit a transfer request as well.  That's not "ambition" but purely "unfair treatment".

I do think Carroll has some "love" towards the club.  But he has gone way too far this time (probably due to his agent) which Ashley has no choice but to sell him.  It's a harsh lesson for him but sorry that's it.  He probably just thinks "I am local lad, geordie, no.9, england regular international, superstar, etc and so I should get more.  The club won't reject my demand as IT SOUNDS FAIR".  This is probably what his agent told him since his agent knows he will get a lucrative commission in any case - a new contract or transfer to Liverpool.

I'm over it. Took the c*** out of my fantasy football.

But have you edited football manager?

I took him off my England team. Cunt.

Because ?

He wasnt being valued at 35m two months ago

tiote will now be valued at more than 3.5mill, jose at more than 6mill....should they bang on the door for a new contract after any good run of form ?

No. If another club comes in offering to triple their pay & several other clubs value them at about 4 or 5 times what they were previously worth then yeah theyre in a pretty strong position to be claiming their level of worth to our club should be negotiated