West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

How can anyone take this:

“And then I was allowed to talk to Liverpool. The owner then made it clear to me that I was not wanted at the club.

“Saying that his own helicopter is waiting for me to go down to talk to them.

“So being shown I’m not wanted I said OK I will talk to them. Then suddenly the bid was rejected.

And decide that our poor owner was caught offguard by the whole thing. The poor guy obviously wanted to keep Carroll till he wanted more money.

He wanted him out of the door man. We werent rejecting anything, it was all negotations & manipulation.

Yeap, after submitting the transfer request.  Not before, AFTER.

No, he asked for the transfer request after we rejected the 2nd bid. Which happened after Ashley offered him his helicopter.

Go read it again. You're being sold nonsense.

You clearly don't see that Carroll has been made to be a money grabbing twat in all of this now.

I thought he got a private jet down to Liverpool.

He did not deserve a new contract months after signing another one, wasn't 30k a week enough.

Clearly because of his 1 England appearance thinking he deserves 70-80k a week.

I love how the BBC this morning were saying "England international Andy Carroll moves to Liverpool" ffs he's played one game at senior level.

He did not deserve a new contract months after signing another one, wasn't 30k a week enough.

Clearly because of his 1 England appearance thinking he deserves 70-80k a week.

Yep. Jay Boythroyd also had a callup. H

What I dont understand in addition to all the other noise is why we didnt get some other players from liverpool?

ngog on loan, take some of the youngsters, etc They obviously desperately wanted him, why not rape their youth academy at the same time....

That's a fair shout, something I've wondered. Surely could've grabbed one or two players from them to help us for the rest of the season.

Who? Their team is f***ing garbage apart from their two new strikers man :lol:

Ngog is ok, and they have one of the best youth academies around. Surely there are a few highly rated kids we could have stolen

Do you blame Mike Ashley for wanting to sell Carroll for 36m. There's not many clubs in the world who would have turned that down, in fairness.

It's all helped by Carroll's actions and the fact that he is "trouble".

I said it earlier.

But say tottenham were offered 35m for VDV instead at that point in the window. Do you think theyd have sold him?

Some players are bigger than your clubs current position, vdv is for them & Carroll was for us. We could have pushed for Europe & used that to attract quality players then sold him in the summer if we had to. We couldve just rejected the bid in general & had Ashley invest in us to achieve. We couldve used Carrolls ability & reputation to attract better players also. Just as we did with Shearer. There were other far more ambitious options.

i'm on carroll's side here. that latest interview doesn't cover him in glory either, but i believe he was strongly told to leave. the contract situation does add an interesting layer, but carroll isn't a judas cunt like was proclaimed yesterday.

so are there still add-ons to this deal? SSN stopped mentioning them after a while....

What I dont understand in addition to all the other noise is why we didnt get some other players from liverpool?

ngog on loan, take some of the youngsters, etc They obviously desperately wanted him, why not rape their youth academy at the same time....

That's a fair shout, something I've wondered. Surely could've grabbed one or two players from them to help us for the rest of the season.

Who? Their team is fucking garbage apart from their two new strikers man :lol:

:lol: I can't say I know who, I know fuck all about the Liverpool squad, but surely there would have been a couple of players in there they would've parted with who could've played a fair role for us, even just until the end of the season?

We're pretty well covered in all positions bar strikers and wingers. Their third choice striker is NGog, who I do not want and who they'll need until Carroll is fit. Their wingers are shite, certainly not an upgrade on either Barton or Ben Arfa, would be a pointless signing.

“And then I was allowed to talk to Liverpool. The owner then made it clear to me that I was not wanted at the club.

“So being shown I’m not wanted I said OK I will talk to them. Then suddenly the bid was rejected.

And decide that our poor owner was caught offguard by the whole thing. The poor guy obviously wanted to keep Carroll till he wanted more money.

He wanted him out of the door man. We werent rejecting anything, it was all negotations & manipulation.

No, he asked for the transfer request after we rejected the 2nd bid. Which happened after Ashley offered him his helicopter.

You clearly don't see that Carroll has been made to be a money grabbing t*** in all of this now.

I just proved your claim wrong & you reply with a made up thought about what you think i dont believe. Useful convo.

Do you blame Mike Ashley for wanting to sell Carroll for 36m. There's not many clubs in the world who would have turned that down, in fairness.

I said it earlier.

But say tottenham were offered 35m for VDV instead at that point in the window. Do you think theyd have sold him?

Some players are bigger than your clubs current position, vdv is for them & Carroll was for us. We could have pushed for Europe & used that to attract quality players then sold him in the summer if we had to. We couldve just rejected the bid in general & had Ashley invest in us to achieve. We couldve used Carrolls ability & reputation to attract better players also. Just as we did with Shearer. There were other far more ambitious options.

I said it earlier.

this cannot be overlooked.

Jayson, back the square one, do you think the club should bow down to Carroll's ridiculous demand?

Ashley has decided that Carroll should be sold once helding the club to ransom (pretty clear, please) and rest, yes, is manipulation. What's wrong with that then?

Ashley's trying his best to get the max money for the club (or himself, anyway) which is correct.

Or you think Ashley should tell Carroll "My dear son, you shouldn't do that, no next time ok?" and let Carroll to create troubles within the team?

Helding the club to ransom is unacceptable at any case.

Carroll's asking for a new contract AFTER Liverpool made the bid. FFS.

I said it earlier.

They will sell him.

Guest icemanblue

Carroll clearly thought he was bigger than the club with this contract demand, no doubt imo now.

Fuck off, you bipolar moron. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Carroll clearly thought he was bigger than the club with this contract demand, no doubt imo now.

Fuck off, you bipolar moron. :lol:

Erm, when have a sucked up to Carroll in all of this ???

Fuck after all the club has done for this kid, he goes behind our backs and asks for a new fucking contract.

3 Months ago he got a new contract, if he wasn't happy then why did he sign it? When he was in court, the club captain took him home and helped him out. How does he repay everyone? By fucking us over, he's a fucking judas and that's it.

Enough, everyone knows Ashleys a twat, but Carroll has now joined that club. They're equally stupid, but on this one I'm on Ashleys hand. We got £36 million for a player barely worth half of it (talentwise) I know that if you look on how important he is we shouldn't have sold, but now its done and we mugged Liverpool anyways. At least it wasn't for like £15 million, it was £35 million. FFS he's not the 8th best player of all time, he wasn't even the 8th best player in this league.

it's over move forward, blame Ashley, Derek, Andy, whoever, it wont change the fact that he's gone.

Guest neesy111

Anyone reading those quotes from Carroll can't still believe he's in the wrong here. Yes, he might be talking shit as well, but it's impossible to believe the club's side of the story here when they've lied about virtually everything since they Ashley took over.

WHAT!!!! Carroll has said he asked for a new contract AFTER liverpool had made a bid, in a bid to get more money from the whole saga which just strikes as utter greed from him and his agent.

Guest neesy111

Fuck after all the club has done for this kid, he goes behind our backs and asks for a new fucking contract.

3 Months ago he got a new contract, if he wasn't happy then why did he sign it? When he was in court, the club captain took him home and helped him out. How does he repay everyone? By fucking us over, he's a fucking judas and that's it.

Enough, everyone knows Ashleys a twat, but Carroll has now joined that club. They're equally stupid, but on this one I'm on Ashleys hand. We got £36 million for a player barely worth half of it (talentwise) I know that if you look on how important he is we shouldn't have sold, but now its done and we mugged Liverpool anyways. At least it wasn't for like £15 million, it was £35 million. FFS he's not the 8th best player of all time, he wasn't even the 8th best player in this league.

it's over move forward, blame Ashley, Derek, Andy, whoever, it wont change the fact that he's gone.

Good post.

Jayson, back the square one, do you think the club should bow down to Carroll's ridiculous demand?

Ashley has decided that Carroll should be sold once helding the club to ransom (pretty clear, please) and rest, yes, is manipulation. What's wrong with that then?

Ashley's trying his best to get the max money for the club (or himself, anyway) which is correct.

Or you think Ashley should tell Carroll "My dear son, you shouldn't do that, no next time ok?" and let Carroll to create troubles within the team?

Helding the club to ransom is unacceptable at any case.

Carroll's asking for a new contract AFTER Liverpool made the bid. FFS.

I think this is a remarkable circumstance in which Carrolls previously agreed wage doesnt match the rest of the prems idea of his valuation. I think Carroll became obviously very aware of that & tried to use it to alter what he was making. I think we should have reacted to that by negotiating his contract yes.

For other players no, in this situation yes. This situation probably hasnt ever happened in football before.

Outside of that i doubt Carroll would have created issues if we'd just rejected the bid & wage increase demands. He gets on with the players in the side & loves the club. Adam is in a similar situation at blackpool. There were many other ways to do it, we wanted the money & i dont necessarily agree that it was the best decision for our club. Its just very debateable.

Anyone reading those quotes from Carroll can't still believe he's in the wrong here. Yes, he might be talking shit as well, but it's impossible to believe the club's side of the story here when they've lied about virtually everything since they Ashley took over.

WHAT!!!! Carroll has said he asked for a new contract AFTER liverpool had made a bid, in a bid to get more money from the whole saga which just strikes as utter greed from him and his agent.

Now hold on a second here. Did he say anything about the terms of that contract? Couldn't the new contract be considered an indication that he wasn't interested in going?

Just said on Sky Sports he wants to spend the rest of his career here like Big Al. :smitten:

was just thinking about this yesterday. they way i see it he'd be well within his rights to ask for a pay rise at the end of the season unless his form drops drastically.

Would have thought he got that in the contract he just signed?

aye mate. but if he keeps going the way he has been he's significantly more important to us than he was at the start of the season, top scorer, england striker, essential to the way we play, only getting better etc etc. i'm a firm believer in players getting paid what they're worth and i'd hate to see us try and rely on the fact that he's just signed a new deal to not give him what he deserves, coz he'll just f*** off.

Agree with the paying what he's worth comment.My biggest concern is that M.A cashes in on his ever increasing value come the summer.

i remember reading keegan's book and him talking about giving players pay rises when they didnt even ask for them! chairman's nightmare i'm sure and i'm not necessarily saying do that but if the club can afford it, do it. i wouldnt wanna see players being penalised financially for wanting to play for newcastle.

regardless of whatever else he gets up to, on the pitch carroll's been sensational for us this season and i want us to keep him if he wants to stay.

eurgh

Guest neesy111

Now hold on a second here. Did he say anything about the terms of that contract? Couldn't the new contract be considered an indication that he wasn't interested in going?

After 2 months after signing one.  That should be enough in anyone's book.  You only ask for a new contract after signing one 2 months earlier for MONEY!