West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Or this:

Looking at all sides of the story, the most plausible argument so far is that we rejected Liverpool's bid, Carroll said he wanted a higher wage, we said no, he took this as 'not wanting him' so he asks to leave, we say only if you hand in a transfer request, he says ok, signs, sealed and delivered.

is the correct answer.

Or this:

Looking at all sides of the story, the most plausible argument so far is that we rejected Liverpool's bid, Carroll said he wanted a higher wage, we said no, he took this as 'not wanting him' so he asks to leave, we say only if you hand in a transfer request, he says ok, signs, sealed and delivered.

Sounds about right.

ANDY Carroll told the Chronicle how he felt he was pushed out of Newcastle United.

Following his £35m move to Liverpool, the Gateshead-born forward said he wanted to stay on Tyneside.

Today the striker poured his heart out as the club explained why they “reluctantly” allowed their prized asset to leave when he submitted a written transfer request after they initially rejected bids from Liverpool.

Carroll said: “I was in talks about a new contract and talking to the gaffer about that.

“He told me that they are now not going to give me a contract. That was as soon as the offer of £30m came in.

“So I asked why (I wasn’t getting a new contract) and he said his hands were tied.

“He said it wasn’t up to him. Then a £35m bid got accepted.

“And then I was allowed to talk to Liverpool. The owner then made it clear to me that I was not wanted at the club.

“Saying that his own helicopter is waiting for me to go down to talk to them.

“So being shown I’m not wanted I said OK I will talk to them. Then suddenly the bid was rejected.

“And then Derek asked me to hand in a transfer request. So I was pushed into a corner and had no choice.

“I wasn’t wanted by them and they made it clear they wanted the money.

“Then I flew down in his (Ashley’s) helicopter. I didn’t want to leave.

“I’m gutted that I wasn’t wanted at my home team after everything I’ve done and progress I’ve made.

“I didn’t want to leave at all. Make sure they know I didn’t want to leave.

“The players, staff and fans were fantastic.”

Meanwhile, Pardew today told the Chronicle: “There was an offer refused in the morning and then we received a second improved offer.

“Myself, Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias were having a discussion when Andy Carroll poked his head around the door and said he wanted to see me.

“I had the conversation with Andy. He said he wanted a new contract now that would make him the highest paid player at the club.

“This from a guy who had signed a new deal just a few months ago.

“I asked him what he wanted but he didn’t reply.”

The fact is, even if everything he says is the truth here, he WAS wanted by his home town club, the only people who didn't want him were Derick and Mike. AND the ball was in his court, he never had to sign a transfer request if they was so desperate to get rid.

Why are so many of you believing Pardew, ffs? He'll be saying what Ashley and Llambias have told him to - the man is a patsy and was brought in for that very reason. Joe Kinnear all over again, without the swearing.

Spot on BG -  I despair, I really do ; some of these guys will be as old as us before they get the message !

They will learn the hard way Merlin, as we have done. We saw this happen before during the 70's and 80's - that time is back again.

I'm interested to hear what Pardew has to say.

The word from someone close to the first team is that Carroll was an absolute cunt and that we were lucky to get so much money for him.

Guest neesy111

Or this:

The jigsaw of what is coming out, looks something like this.

It's all good saying Carroll pushed from a deal, handed in a transfer request etc, but why wasn't he challenged by the club. Why didn't they try and get him to stay?

Because, despite my views, I've no doubt the clowns were absolutely delighted at the prospect of £35m.

Guest neesy111

I'm interested to hear what Pardew has to say.

The word from someone close to the first team is that Carroll was an absolute cunt and that we were lucky to get so much money for him.

Check 2-4 pages back, interview with him has been done.

It's all good saying Carroll pushed from a deal, handed in a transfer request etc, but why wasn't he challenged by the club. Why didn't they try and get him to stay?

Well that's one of Ashley's biggest flaws - he's arrogant and he treats his employees as if they should be grateful to be working for him.

Who's to say he didn't try something to keep Carroll, but that something was never going to be spending more money on his wages. And obviously he wouldn't have minded the £35m.

I don't think anyone is suggesting Ashley is blameless.

ANDY Carroll told the Chronicle how he felt he was pushed out of Newcastle United.

Following his £35m move to Liverpool, the Gateshead-born forward said he wanted to stay on Tyneside.

Today the striker poured his heart out as the club explained why they “reluctantly” allowed their prized asset to leave when he submitted a written transfer request after they initially rejected bids from Liverpool.

Carroll said: “I was in talks about a new contract and talking to the gaffer about that.

“He told me that they are now not going to give me a contract. That was as soon as the offer of £30m came in.

“So I asked why (I wasn’t getting a new contract) and he said his hands were tied.

“He said it wasn’t up to him. Then a £35m bid got accepted.

“And then I was allowed to talk to Liverpool. The owner then made it clear to me that I was not wanted at the club.

“Saying that his own helicopter is waiting for me to go down to talk to them.

“So being shown I’m not wanted I said OK I will talk to them. Then suddenly the bid was rejected.

“And then Derek asked me to hand in a transfer request. So I was pushed into a corner and had no choice.

“I wasn’t wanted by them and they made it clear they wanted the money.

“Then I flew down in his (Ashley’s) helicopter. I didn’t want to leave.

“I’m gutted that I wasn’t wanted at my home team after everything I’ve done and progress I’ve made.

“I didn’t want to leave at all. Make sure they know I didn’t want to leave.

“The players, staff and fans were fantastic.”

Meanwhile, Pardew today told the Chronicle: “There was an offer refused in the morning and then we received a second improved offer.

“Myself, Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias were having a discussion when Andy Carroll poked his head around the door and said he wanted to see me.

“I had the conversation with Andy. He said he wanted a new contract now that would make him the highest paid player at the club.

“This from a guy who had signed a new deal just a few months ago.

“I asked him what he wanted but he didn’t reply.”

The fact is, even if everything he says is the truth here, he WAS wanted by his home town club, the only people who didn't want him were Derick and Mike. AND the ball was in his court, he never had to sign a transfer request if they was so desperate to get rid.

the fact is after being awarded what he thoiught was a decent contract he wanted to up it half way through the season not even 3 month later, quite possibly to an ammount we just weren't prepared to pay, on top of that the offer was very good even if carroll didn't want a pay rise.

edit, very ineteresting if the bit about him wanting to be the highest paid player at the club is true.

Guest neesy111

If we are to offer new contracts every 2 months to players, then every player in the squad will want the same.

Why are so many of you believing Pardew, ffs? He'll be saying what Ashley and Llambias have told him to - the man is a patsy and was brought in for that very reason. Joe Kinnear all over again, without the swearing.

Spot on BG -  I despair, I really do ; some of these guys will be as old as us before they get the message !

They will learn the hard way Merlin, as we have done. We saw this happen before during the 70's and 80's - that time is back again.

this is the most annoyed ive been over a transfer out since Gazza/ Beardsley/ Waddle.

He thought the Rooney'esque transfer request would make the club do a man ure and give him his extra dosh, it back fired he has had to leave now he is gutted.

Tough shit kidda, you shot yourself in the foot.

Guest neesy111

Well that's one of Ashley's biggest flaws - he's arrogant and he treats his employees as if they should be grateful to be working for him.

Who's to say he didn't try something to keep Carroll, but that something was never going to be spending more money on his wages. And obviously he wouldn't have minded the £35m.

I don't think anyone is suggesting Ashley is blameless.

Ashley isn't blameless, but the stuff coming out about the contract strikes as pure greed by Carroll and his agent.

They declined a £30m offer? When it becomes clear that Carroll does not want to stay unless he gets a fuck off rise, as well as an improved offer of £35m plus add ons comes in they will probably have thought that it's too good a deal to turn down.

I agree with them as well fwiw, if that is what happened. It's just a shame that it had to come on the last day of the window without time to get us a decent striker.

Guest neesy111

I've decided to never believe a word the club says. Did Carroll admit that he was looking for a new deal?

Yes, interview in the chronicle.

Guest neesy111

He thought the Rooney'esque transfer request would make the club do a man ure and give him his extra dosh, it back fired he has had to leave now he is gutted.

Tough shit kidda, you shot yourself in the foot.

Just about right.

Or this:

Not sure its quite like that.

We didnt bash away their offers till Carroll said he wanted to go, we were openly listening to their offers. Carroll agreed to go yes, which we then used to strengthen our position in the transfer & knock back another bid in the knowledge that a transfer was still likely. We probably told pool that he was up for going. Its basic stuff.

He says Ashley told him he wasnt wanted & gave him his helicopter ffs  :lol: Hes hardly going to make it up to that extent. Ashley wasnt caught offguard by this, wish people would stop trying to claim he was. He loved it.