West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

0. Club is happy to keep Carroll; Carroll is happy to stay.

1. £30m bid comes in from Liverpool.

2. £30m bid considered but rejected.

3. Carroll's agent starts talking to Liverpool regarding potential wages etc.

4. Carroll and agent go back to NUFC effectively saying 'Look, you now believe I'm worth more than £30m. As such I'm being offered twice the wages. You going to do anything about it?'

5. Club say no to any contract renewal, and tell player if he wants to leave to get those wages he'll have to request a transfer.

6. Player feels rejected and starts to think moving to Liverpool is a good idea, probably fueled by agent dreaming about his hefty cut.

7. £35m bid comes in.

8. NUFC seriously consider it.

9. Carroll sees this as confirmation they want to sell him, so asks to leave.

10. £35m bid accepted.

11. Deal done.

I said it earlier.

But say tottenham were offered 35m for VDV instead at that point in the window. Do you think theyd have sold him?

Heck, Yes they would.  See Spurs/Berbatov!

Harry/Spurs are the ultimate wheeler/dealer  buy low/sell high club that turn their assets over to the betterment of the club.

If they were offered 35m at the same point in the window. Meaning they couldnt have had any time to replace him. Maybe they would, i think its debatable again. Either way theyre actually in a much better position with the type of names they have in their squad to be able to do that & be able to replace him with more quality.

Maybe Spurs are in this good position now BECAUSE of the fact that they sold their top striker for silly money a few years ago and re-invested it into the team.

Not 2 Months after signing a new one.

Because ?

He wasnt being valued at 35m two months ago

Are you kidding me? Say Barton signed a new contract a month ago aproximately, and a club like Man City came in and bid $20 million for him, that would justify him coming knocking for a new and improved contract. It doesnt mean shit if they are suddenly valued higher. You just signed a new contract, now honour the thing.

No. Because Carroll is an 'exceptional' case. There'd be no precedent set by giving in to Carroll's demands or anything, like. :rolleyes:

being a big fan of the pink panther films i feel the only solution to see whos to blame for this mess would be to follow a similar ruse as the great inspector clouseau in " a shot in the dark"

which is to gather all the suspects (Ashley,Llambias, Carroll, Agent, Pardew) in one room switch off the light and quickly switch it back on whoever is running out of room is clearly the "murderer", however just like the film i have a sneeky suspicion we would see that they are all guilty and are all trying to do one.  maybe jim white can play the role of the inspector.

I said it earlier.

But say tottenham were offered 35m for VDV instead at that point in the window. Do you think theyd have sold him?

Harry/Spurs are the ultimate wheeler/dealer  buy low/sell high club that turn their assets over to the betterment of the club.

If they were offered 35m at the same point in the window. Meaning they couldnt have had any time to replace him. Maybe they would, i think its debatable again. Either way theyre actually in a much better position with the type of names they have in their squad to be able to do that & be able to replace him with more quality.

Maybe Spurs are in this good position now BECAUSE of the fact that they sold their top striker for silly money a few years ago and re-invested it into the team.

Let's just hope that part comes to fruition.

Are you kidding me? Say Barton signed a new contract a month ago aproximately, and a club like Man City came in and bid $20 million for him, that would justify him coming knocking for a new and improved contract. It doesnt mean s*** if they are suddenly valued higher. You just signed a new contract, now honour the thing.

Depends how much extra they were willing to offer him. Man city are slightly different anyway as you have to accept you cant really compete with their ludicrous valuation of what anythings worth.

But if Barton were playing well enough to be valued at 20 million by several clubs. Then you'd expect his wage to come close to matching a player of that standard & if it didnt itd be quite normal for him to try and manipulate the situation to alter it yes.

Guest neesy111

Because ?

Are you kidding me? Say Barton signed a new contract a month ago aproximately, and a club like Man City came in and bid $20 million for him, that would justify him coming knocking for a new and improved contract. It doesnt mean shit if they are suddenly valued higher. You just signed a new contract, now honour the thing.

No. Because Carroll is an 'exceptional' case. There'd be no precedent set by giving in to Carroll's demands or anything, like. :rolleyes:

No player is bigger the club, and Carroll's agent most likely thought he was imo. 

Straws to clutch at

- Potentially injury prone

- Likely to get nicked/fail a drugs test/crash his car/fall off a stool drunk

- May be one of those players who was going to be the next big thing but never realised his potential

- Might do the same to the scousers, use them as a stepping stone and f*** off to Chelsea, Man City or Real as soon as he can (Sell on fee included in the 'add-ons'?)

He's an awsome player, but if this injury takes even a little from his ability to jump - and it could - then he will never be the same player.

Not that I'm saying I know more than the Anfield medical staff or anything but Liverpool did appear to be in panic mode yesterday.

Guest TrueToon

4. Carroll and agent go back to NUFC effectively saying 'Look, you now believe I'm worth more than £30m. As such I'm being offered twice the wages. You going to do anything about it?'

5. Club say no to any contract renewal, and tell player if he wants to leave to get those wages he'll have to request a transfer.

6. Player feels rejected and starts to think moving to Liverpool is a good idea, probably fueled by agent dreaming about his hefty cut.

7. £35m bid comes in.

10. £35m bid accepted.

11. Deal done.

Pretty much my take on it too...

7. £35m bid comes in.

10. £35m bid accepted.

11. Deal done.

But the £35m bid was rejected

Guest neesy111

Are you kidding me? Say Barton signed a new contract a month ago aproximately, and a club like Man City came in and bid $20 million for him, that would justify him coming knocking for a new and improved contract. It doesnt mean s*** if they are suddenly valued higher. You just signed a new contract, now honour the thing.

Depends how much extra they were willing to offer him. Man city are slightly different anyway as you have to accept you cant really compete with their ludicrous valuation of what anythings worth.

But if Barton were playing well enough to be valued at 20 million by several clubs. Then you'd expect his wage to come close to matching a player of that standard & if it didnt itd be quite normal for him to try and manipulate the situation to alter it yes.

Barton is apparently taking a pay cut, as he feels he owes the club.  Shame not many other footballers would do that.

7. £35m bid comes in.

10. £35m bid accepted.

11. Deal done.

sounds right, i guess...

Guest johnson293

Some people need to have a word with themselves, Carroll is worth way more than 30 grand a week, the new contract should of been put in front of him straight away as soon as any bid come in. If any of you were one of the hottest propeties in football and someone had put in a £30m bid in for you, while still being on 30 grand a week, you'd feel a bit cheated by your employers not offering you better terms to match that value. This has got more to do with Ashley cashing in on an asset rather than Carroll wanting to leave, which could be a good move yet, but we'll to wait and see if Carroll carries on his fine form or if its just been a fluke.

Yes - because the loyalty you felt when the club rewarded you by doubling/trebling your wages after a decent season in the Championship just 4 months earlier, just wasn't there anymore...yeah?

Barton is apparently taking a pay cut, as he feels he owes the club.  Shame not many other footballers would do that.

he also knows he's highly unlikely to get his current wages anywhere else.

I said it earlier.

Let's just hope that part comes to fruition.

Yeah, that's the part that I'm hoping for.  I do believe that the money will be re-invested.  But it's always a gamble whether you're buying a Jose or a Cacapa

Because ?

The precedent set would be that we alter a players wages based on his valuation. If his valuation rockets ridiculously, then we alter his wages to match that of a player of that worth as we want to keep him.

It makes complete sense. As was pointed out, Tottenham did this with Bale just recently after his performances in the champs league.

How much do we need to spend in the summer to make this a good deal?

If we hadnt sold him I would have hoped for £5-10m spent in January and £15m or so in the summer.

Considering we only bought Ben Arfa and therefore made £30m in January that means I would be looking for £40m plus spent in the summer but I highly doubt that will happen.

Some people need to have a word with themselves, Carroll is worth way more than 30 grand a week, the new contract should of been put in front of him straight away as soon as any bid come in. If any of you were one of the hottest propeties in football and someone had put in a £30m bid in for you, while still being on 30 grand a week, you'd feel a bit cheated by your employers not offering you better terms to match that value. This has got more to do with Ashley cashing in on an asset rather than Carroll wanting to leave, which could be a good move yet, but we'll to wait and see if Carroll carries on his fine form or if its just been a fluke.

Cheated at £30k a week. FFS, doctors here in Sweden dont even earn £10k a month and they're saving the life of people.

Fuck £30k to buy alcohol, whores, cars, clothes. Fuck else is he doing, that's enough to live on, he's 20 years old. Lets say he 20 and has that salary for 14 years. Thats 52 x 30 = 1, 560 , 000. 1, 560 , 000 x 14 = 21, 840 , 000. excl. sponsorships, goal bonuses, image rights.

Ffs, thats more than probably most on here would earn together in a life time. He was playing for his hometown club, like billytray said yesterday, loyalty in football is a myth, its alla bout money now.

Because ?

The precedent set would be that we alter a players wages based on his valuation. If his valuation rockets ridiculously, then we alter his wages to match that of a player of that worth as we want to keep him.

It makes complete sense. As was pointed out, Tottenham did this with Bale just recently after his performances in the champs league.

what about when the valuation drops ? or should we always pay players according to their maximum market valuation ?

Guest bmoregeordie

If rumours about the severity of his injury are accurate, we'd have been without him regardless of what happened in the transfer window. Still find it odd we didn't try to get someone in on loan to cover that.

This is exactly what I cannot fathom.