West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bitterly disappointed to see him go but I can't say I'm that surprised either. As the bids got bigger and bigger they would have been harder and harder to turn down.  :undecided:

This is the sport we follow though. Players come and go all the time but with him being a local lad it does leave a sour taste in the mouth but it's not the end of the world. I'm sure I've read that it's a British record and only 7 players have gone for more cash in the history of the sport. He's not the first diamond we've sold on and he certainly won't be the last.

Pretty philosophical about it now. I think the main bugbear is the fact we're not sure if the £35m will be pumped back into the team/squad.

Guest Thump 1892

Mate at work was a couple of years above him at Joseph Swan and has always said he was an absolute prick. And has always stood by his opinion through last season and this. Seems he was right.

A lad I went to school with played with Carroll and said the same thing.  His words were "He has the ego of Shearer with a quarter of the ability - no word can describe how much of a prat he is."

...and that was him being nice! :o

Mate at work was a couple of years above him at Joseph Swan and has always said he was an absolute prick. And has always stood by his opinion through last season and this. Seems he was right.

A lad I went to school with played with Carroll and said the same thing.  His words were "He has the ego of Shearer with a quarter of the ability - no word can describe how much of a prat he is."

Tbh not one person who's known a football through school has ever had a good word to be said about them. Not that they are insanely jealous or owt.

Tbh not one person who's known a football through school has ever had a good word to be said about them. Not that they are insanely jealous or owt.

Apart from  :tiote:

Guest Thump 1892

Nah this was after school; when he was playing at the academy iirc.  My mate was on trial and met him, trained with him, went out with him etc.,

Guest Thump 1892

My mate played with Shola and said he was a lovely lad. Make of that what you will.

Funnily enough I've heard that a few times from the long standing fans and staff of Walker Central.  I live just round the corner from them so I usually have a bit of banter now and then (when they aren't doing the club out of money ofc).

I'm more pissed off with Kevin Nolan, he can fuck off with that shit like. Fucking disgraceful from the supposed captain.

Aye, exactly.

Let's hope Barton comes out with a counterpiece along the lines of them being wall pushers etc.

I had a mate at school who played for Newcastle, he was as sound as a pound.  I've had a few mates who were professional footballers and they were all spot on.

I'm more pissed off with Kevin Nolan, he can f*** off with that s*** like. f***ing disgraceful from the supposed captain.

How is Kevin Nolan involved in this debacle?

Giving interviews about Carroll to LFC.TV... what the fuck is going on?

I had a mate at school who played for Newcastle, he was as sound as a pound.  I've had a few mates who were professional footballers and they were all spot on.

Different era back then, different century as well.

;)

Guest Thump 1892

I'm more pissed off with Kevin Nolan, he can f*** off with that s*** like. f***ing disgraceful from the supposed captain.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/lfctv

"Nolan on his pal Carroll"

Something fitting about that title...

Giving interviews about Carroll to LFC.TV... what the fuck is going on?

Seriously? What the fuck. I didn't know that had happened. That's fucking bollocks.

Friend of mine was a friend of Michael Bridges. Never heard him say a bad word, though he did once talk about how competitive he was.

Guest thefishman

I feel sorry for the kid, he looks lost, none of us know what really went on. But given cashlys record im on carrolls side and wish the lad all the luck in the world, as for being a prick at school arent most teenagers.