West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest dover

God luck to the lad, helped get us back in the Prem so no hard feelings for him. Think this move is too big for him, hope Im proved wrong but I Dont see him have the same impact as here, a big price tag, fast counter attacking side, dont see him being their kind of player, similar to crouch in that respect.

All the best Andy. Now can we delete this thread?

This thread....

It's sad that he's been sold, and obviously the vast majority of us would probably much rather have him still here than have the £35M in Ashley's pockets, but honestly - until the fat fuck moves on I really don't see what the point is in gurning and mewling and griping about the situation, unless it makes people feel any better...which of course it doesn't really, does it?

Time for us to all move on, deal with the realities of the situation.

Funny that anyone is trying to make out he isn't a class forward.

Not so much funny as pathetic, but yeah.

not as pathetic as those worshipping him and making him out to be Shearer like. Carroll is a good striker but very one dimensional, he won't be able to gel with Liverpool if they play on the deck though he will be a dam effective target man.

This thread....

It's sad that he's been sold, and obviously the vast majority of us would probably much rather have him still here than have the £35M in Ashley's pockets, but honestly - until the fat fuck moves on I really don't see what the point is in gurning and mewling and griping about the situation, unless it makes people feel any better...which of course it doesn't really, does it?

Time for us to all move on, deal with the realities of the situation.

I don't know why we get bothered or upset or, conversely, happy and delighted over anything nowadays. It's completely pointless. :(

God luck to the lad, helped get us back in the Prem so no hard feelings for him. Think this move is too big for him, hope Im proved wrong but I Dont see him have the same impact as here, a big price tag, fast counter attacking side, dont see him being their kind of player, similar to crouch in that respect.

All the best Andy. Now can we delete this thread?

What's wrong with you people? :lol:

he said

"The support was unbelievable for me. The fans have been great since I signed and even when I was warming up, they were fantastic. It was an incredible atmosphere, definitely one of the best I've ever experienced."

Yes he thinks yesterday is better than 5-1 to the mackem.... all those who thinks of home grown talent blah blah blah..... needs to examin their head....

What's he supposed to say?  It was OK but I've played in better atmospheres at Newcastle.  That won't win him many friends in Liverpool.  He is going to be be playing there for the next 5 years so he has no choice but to embrace his new surroundings and the supporters there.

Our players come out with enough guff like that and most of the time they are just saying what they think the fans want to hear.  It doesn't mean anything - it's their career and it makes life easier if they keep the supporters onside - especially in cities like Newcastle and Liverpool.