West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I fail to understand how 1 win in 9 is an improvement in form without Carroll, that is absolutely bizarre logic.

It's also 2 defeats in 10 in the league. Stats mean nowt man, they can be shaped in whatever way anyone wants.

Yes but he's a centre forward, he's there to win us games. Could understand using that side of the statistic if he was a centre half. Drawing every game over the course of a season will take you down, we need to win games man and we totally unable to do it at the moment.

We've also scored 15 goals in those 10 games, 10 games that Carroll wouldn't even have played in if he's only just making the bench for Liverpool today.

We didn't fail to win most of those games because of failure to score. We didn't win because of poor defensive mistakes (Sunderland, Spurs, Everton, Fulham at least).

Are you only allowed to score one goal a game? ???

No, but we threw away leads in three of those games.

Er... yeah, we also missed a load of chances to kill the game off.

Who else was going to put them away like? A one legged Andy Carroll?

Eh?

Forget it, we're not going to agree. You think we're as good without Carroll, I don't. Fair enough.

Where did I say that? :lol:

What point are you making then?

I'm saying we're not as good without him and you're arguing with me!

The point I'm making is that having him at the club would have made no difference as we're now into the second week in March and he's still not fit to start :dontknow:

I know that. Other people are interpreting this as "we're alright without him after all!"

We're not.

The fact that we're not doing as well as we could (not too bad though) has nothing to do with selling Carroll. Sure we would be stronger with him than without but we would be without him even if we didnt sell him, so no difference really.

I fail to understand how 1 win in 9 is an improvement in form without Carroll, that is absolutely bizarre logic.

It's also 2 defeats in 10 in the league. Stats mean nowt man, they can be shaped in whatever way anyone wants.

Yes but he's a centre forward, he's there to win us games. Could understand using that side of the statistic if he was a centre half. Drawing every game over the course of a season will take you down, we need to win games man and we totally unable to do it at the moment.

We've also scored 15 goals in those 10 games, 10 games that Carroll wouldn't even have played in if he's only just making the bench for Liverpool today.

We didn't fail to win most of those games because of failure to score. We didn't win because of poor defensive mistakes (Sunderland, Spurs, Everton, Fulham at least).

Eh?

Forget it, we're not going to agree. You think we're as good without Carroll, I don't. Fair enough.

The point I'm making is that having him at the club would have made no difference as we're now into the second week in March and he's still not fit to start :dontknow:

I know that. Other people are interpreting this as "we're alright without him after all!"

We're not.

The fact that we're not doing as well as we could (not too bad though) has nothing to do with selling Carroll. Sure we would be stronger with him than without but even but we would be without him even if we didnt sell him, so no difference really.

I reckon selling him sent out the wrong signal to the players, and they've become deflated. I strongly believe the Enrique spiel is directly related to the sale of our biggest hope for the next decade.

20 minutes is not enough to judge any player but based on that 20 minutes, he was distinctly average. Carroll is a good target man with a superb header, nothing more

Thought he looked good. Did exactly what the bought him for and with more time in the team will become a massive player for them.

Him & Suarez are a dream partnership, best big man little man combo since Shearer & Bellamy.

Eh?

We're not.

The fact that we're not doing as well as we could (not too bad though) has nothing to do with selling Carroll. Sure we would be stronger with him than without but even but we would be without him even if we didnt sell him, so no difference really.

I reckon selling him sent out the wrong signal to the players, and they've become deflated. I strongly believe the Enrique spiel is directly related to the sale of our biggest hope for the next decade.

dont forget barton too

20 minutes is not enough to judge any player but based on that 20 minutes, he was distinctly average. Carroll is a good target man with a superb header, nothing more

Bollocks. He will be a big success for the scouse cunts. Unfuckingfortunately.

I would have him back in a flash, I don't hate the guy. For me he was a big reason why we are 6 points from safety and was instrumental in our promotion season. For 35mil, it's not like he saw out his contract. 

Guest Stephen927

Once the big AC and Luis Suarez get up and running, they'll be the best strike partnership in the league.

Urggh, he just doesn't suit that jersey.

I just keep getting flashbacks to goals he scored for us when i see him :lol:

Ashame he left and he is a good player, but he didn't have to leave the club after signing his deal.

So f*** you Carroll man. Hope Stoke or someone break your leg.

Once the big AC and Luis Suarez get up and running, they'll be the best strike partnership in the league.

Agreed.

It was gutting to actually see him playing but I wish him well.  Still very upset that we sold him. 

3 months ago, Liverpool looked in a right old mess and now they are much improved whereas as I am not quite sure where we are heading.

Guest SuperShola!

Rubbish.

I'm with Ronaldo like.