West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest michaelfoster

Because we all love pictures, here's a wonderful one of his 'defending' for Everton's first goal...

http://i54.tinypic.com/2uppo39.jpg

Enrique did that plenty times against Everton too

I reckon putting Taylor on Carroll would see another one of those mismatches such as Carragher vs Drogba or Martins vs Dawson. He'd be absolutely done up the arse.

Wouldn't know which of our defenders to stick on Carroll. Would have to be Colo I guess.

Guest palnese

I reckon putting Taylor on Carroll would see another one of those mismatches such as Carragher vs Drogba or Martins vs Dawson. He'd be absolutely done up the arse.

Wouldn't know which of our defenders to stick on Carroll. Would have to be Colo I guess.

Williamson for me. Colo wouldn't stand a chance in the air. Colo is a dirty bastard though, and he'd have to kick him for 90 mins.

You've picked the exact 2 examples i'd have gone for. :lol:

At least, if any defence is gonna have a clue how to begin dealing with him it'll be ours. Probably Willo on him with Coloccini around to sweep up. Alternatively, try and manage the rest of them so well that they never get to pass it to him. That's optimistic regarding him not taking the ball for himself, though...

Against WBA, Liverpool, City, Spurs and Everton he frequently resembled a double-decker bus trying to reverse away from a speeding Maserati.

The last time he appeared in this league he looked almost as abysmal. There are no excuses left.

Better than Williamson, though, you said a few weeks ago.

Pathetic.

Ronaldo's recent musings:

Williamson coould and would be dropped the second Saylor was fit. "And rightly so".

Would rather have Saylor then Lescott alongside Colo.

It had been years since Taylor had been shown up like Williamson was against Arsenal.

Absolute drivel, that. Seriously, log off.

You know he's talking about Ronaldo's comments, right?

I know nothing of the context, merely that the notion of Saylor > Lescott is absolute bollocks.

Carroll will win balls in the air, I don't think there's a great deal any DC can do to stop that. The key is mopping up after him, making sure the knockdowns are dealt with.

Stick Williamson on him, and have Coloccini mop up. It's the only way.

Williamson coould and would be dropped the second Saylor was fit. "And rightly so".

It had been years since Taylor had been shown up like Williamson was against Arsenal.

Is any of this relevant at all?

There's not much between Williamson and Taylor at CB. This is Mike's first season at this level, in fairness. Taylor's had nearly 7 years to become a decent PL defender.

I know nothing of the context, merely that the notion of Saylor > Lescott is absolute bollocks.

Nobody said Saylor was better. Somebody suggested that we buy Lescott and that was my response.

There's not much between Williamson and Taylor at CB. This is Mike's first season at this level, in fairness. Taylor's had nearly 7 years to become a decent PL defender.

Relevant to the fact that you insisted - repeatedly - that Taylor was clearly a better bet than MW less than a month ago. Relevant because you're now ridiculing Taylor's performances in games which were played before you claimed he hadn't been destroyed like MW was by Arsenal in ages.

Deal with it. If you give it out, you have to be prepared to take it.

Jesus. Wept.

Relevant to the fact that you insisted - repeatedly - that Taylor was clearly a better bet than MW less than a month ago. Relevant because you're now ridiculing Taylor's performances in games which were played before you claimed he hadn't been destroyed like MW was by Arsenal in ages.

Take what? You don't even seem to know what point you're trying to make. Taylor's always been a lower-level PL defender and i've never waived from the opinion that we should sell him the second we get a half-decent offer.

You might remember this post, considering it was in response to your nonsense:

People prefer Williamson because they 'swallowed the club's story about Taylor's wage saga' - I've heard it all now :lol:

I can't see many holding that opinion, and as someone who prefers Williamson it's got nothing to do with Taylor's contract.

So you're denying that there was significant dissent on this forum towards Taylor while the contract thing dragged on? You're denying that coloured people's opinions of him, despite him barely putting a foot wrong when fit last season?

Yep, heard it all now...

Got to be said, Taylor's had 6 seasons in the PL. The fact you're pointing to half a season in The Championship as proof of his quality says it all.

Ultimately, both Taylor and Williamson are lower-end PL defenders. The players around them on the pitch have lots of quality and consistency, so replacing one or both is not a major priority at this moment.

Take what? You don't even seem to know what point you're trying to make. Taylor's always been a lower-level PL defender and i've never waived from the opinion that we should sell him the second we get a half-decent offer.

People prefer Williamson because they 'swallowed the club's story about Taylor's wage saga' - I've heard it all now :lol:

I can't see many holding that opinion, and as someone who prefers Williamson it's got nothing to do with Taylor's contract.

So you're denying that there was significant dissent on this forum towards Taylor while the contract thing dragged on? You're denying that coloured people's opinions of him, despite him barely putting a foot wrong when fit last season?

Yep, heard it all now...

Got to be said, Taylor's had 6 seasons in the PL. The fact you're pointing to half a season in The Championship as proof of his quality says it all.

Ultimately, both Taylor and Williamson are lower-end PL defenders. The players around them on the pitch have lots of quality and consistency, so replacing one or both is not a major priority at this moment.

Dear me. Go back over your posts on Mike Williamson of just a few weeks ago.

Not only did you say Taylor should rightly come back in for him, you said you'd rather have Taylor than Lescott alongside Colo.

This is about the fourth time you've tried to rewrite recent history on here. Give it up.

Yep, heard it all now...

Not only did you say Taylor should rightly come back in for him, you said you'd rather have Taylor than Lescott alongside Colo.

This is about the fourth time you've tried to rewrite recent history on here. Give it up.

:clap:  :thup:

Yep, heard it all now...

And where have I contradicted any of that? :lol:

Yep, heard it all now...

And where have I contradicted any of that? :lol:

well even if you didn't contradict yourself (you're running backwards faster than Taylor here), the fact that you think Taylor should replace Williamson makes your opinion that of a class A buffoon