West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the comments at the bottom are class

that they are this one in particular

you would think that the people that write the reports would take 5 minutes(thats all it took me)to do a bit of research,and get the TRUE facts - carrol was an unused sub against us(wigan)on sat nov 15th 2008 the game was a 2-2 draw, owen and martins scored for newcastle - ryan taylor and bramble scored for us - carrol was substitute again on boxing day 2008 and came on for viduka in the 68th min - ryan taylor again scored for us and a 73rd minute penalty from zaki proved to be the winner -guthrie scored a late consolation penalty for newcastle although it was kirland climbing all over carroll that won the penalty, carroll has never scored against us. now the interesting bit - the article claims bruce made an inquiry the following monday for carroll and was quoted 4.5 mill - but we only wanted to pay 2.5 mill - the mail goes on to say we could not afford him - now that was just 2 weeks or so before we broke our transfer record to sign nzogbia from for over 6.5 million that was also at a time when we knew valencia was going to man utd in the summer(in fact we turned down real madrids millions) - heskey went for 3 mill to villa and palacious was sold to spurs for a reported 12 to 14 million. so whatever the reason we didnt sign him, it was more likely bruce thought is value was 2.5 not 4.5 million, it certainly was not shortage of money. i think bruce could be genuine in how he thought it happened and is slightly mistaken with his version

making shit up mr bruce?

I don't know about that. Bruce has a fixation with us as can be seen by the signing of N'Zogbia and chasing our targets like Kilgallon and Larsson.

So he left an average club with no European football for an average club with no European football?

Bet it was worth it for a couple of appearances against Braga though Andy? :laugh:

Guest BooBoo

So he left an average club with no European football for an average club with no European football?

Bet it was worth it for a couple of appearances against Braga though Andy? :laugh:

He's fulfilled those big European ambitions in front of the (not full) famous Kop.

Anyone have a link to a thread on a Liverpool forum about Carroll? I just want to see what the murderers think of him so far.

Here's a few

What I don't understand is we spent 25 million on Suarez, every inch the Liverpool player, a bundle of energy with electric feet. Then we go and spend £35 million on Carroll, the very antithesis of Suarez, a big, lumbering striker who depends on long ball and crosses into the box. Exactly what kind of team is Kenny trying to build, its most confusing.

Carroll - Lumbering. Limited. Missed a few headers was about all. Also (though not his fault) tempted the entire team to hoof shit balls straight at him. Because he cost £35m some people will clearly believe he has got hidden depths. I'm beginning to suspect if we had paid £3.5m a lot of people would be a lot less charitable than they have been.

Seriously, did it really matter about another striker until the summer? We was going nowhere anyway, I would much rather of waited until the season finished and used to £50m plus what ever the owners was giving.

We could of got anyone for that, bar Messi, Ronaldo etc.

Carroll did ok tonight; but whats the point in buying the best header of the ball in the world if you don't have anyone who can ******* service him?

and not Carroll related, but it chuckled me:

Will seriously miss Europe next season, but thank goodness we are Liverpool Football Club, and that we can attract players without having CL to offer

:lol:

Anyone have a link to a thread on a Liverpool forum about Carroll? I just want to see what the murderers think of him so far.

Here's a few

What I don't understand is we spent 25 million on Suarez, every inch the Liverpool player, a bundle of energy with electric feet. Then we go and spend £35 million on Carroll, the very antithesis of Suarez, a big, lumbering striker who depends on long ball and crosses into the box. Exactly what kind of team is Kenny trying to build, its most confusing.

Carroll - Lumbering. Limited. Missed a few headers was about all. Also (though not his fault) tempted the entire team to hoof s*** balls straight at him. Because he cost £35m some people will clearly believe he has got hidden depths. I'm beginning to suspect if we had paid £3.5m a lot of people would be a lot less charitable than they have been.

Seriously, did it really matter about another striker until the summer? We was going nowhere anyway, I would much rather of waited until the season finished and used to £50m plus what ever the owners was giving.

We could of got anyone for that, bar Messi, Ronaldo etc.

Carroll did ok tonight; but whats the point in buying the best header of the ball in the world if you don't have anyone who can ******* service him?

Will seriously miss Europe next season, but thank goodness we are Liverpool Football Club, and that we can attract players without having CL to offer

Thank goodness we are Liverpool football club. And can attract players without the CL....for massive wages and only players the CL clubs dont want

was that daglish post match?

Looked like the player of 18 months ago tonight and not the one we sold.

With zero service from the worst Liverpool midfield in my lifetime (even Souness put out better than that), it's no surprise.

Wish we still had him.

Guest elbee909

That AGent Bromley lives near me shall i pop round and ask him what happened?

Direct Sports Management?

SPORTS DIRECT MANAGEMENT?

ARGH