West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

can someone clear this up for me, does taylor dive in too much or back off too much, he was supposed to have been backing off too much on saturday when at right back (not for the equaliser though as eveidenced by the youtube clip) which everyone we've played in that position this season has been accused of  aswell ?

can someone clear this up for me, does taylor dive in too much or back off too much, he was supposed to have been backing off too much on saturday when at right back (not for the equaliser though as eveidenced by the youtube clip) which everyone we've played in that position this season has been accused of  aswell ?

what's important is making good decisions general, is it not?

it is, posting that someone backs off all the time when they don't is a bad decision.

it is, posting that someone backs off all the time when they don't is a bad decision.

haha, i dunno like. i've seen him do it an awful lot, with my own eyes.

Magorific thinks the same, yet you've just given him a lovely round of applause. Time to develop some opinions of your own, mate.

Magorific thinks the same, yet you've just given him a lovely round of applause. Time to develop some opinions of your own, mate.

I think he was applauding my opinion of you.

haha, i dunno like. i've seen him do it an awful lot, with my own eyes.

I've seen him do it so he ends up on his own goal line saving the ball with his hands like a 2nd rate goalie. I'm not really sure how he could back off any further than that without getting on the metro and heading back home.

Fucking hell man, this is a thread on Judas Carroll!  Get a room elsewhere if you want to slag off a shite defender and Mike Williamson!

I'm with you - every time I see this thread bumped I hope to read he's gotten into trouble at a Scouse nightclub, or Gerrard has snapped his legs in training. Instead I'm reading about his former punching bag :rant:

So they just happened to pick the services of an untraceable agent, who has ties to the guy who wants to sign Andy Carroll but can't because of his current agent contract? Wow, welcome to dodgy city.

I'm not confident about my understanding of it all, but I think the veiled accusation in those articles is as follows -

Harrison, Carroll's contracted agent, somehow got muscled out of the deal by Bromley and Curtis, who seem to be partners in a company. However, to make it look above board, Carroll officially represented himself, with Bromley representing Liverpool, and taking the agent's cut in that way. If a player sacks an agent, it looks like they can't be represented by anyone else for a certain period. It looks like Curtis was around and had some contact with Carroll when the deal got done, but not in any official capacity. They also get round the rule about an agent not being allowed to represent both a club and a player during a deal.

Harrison is taking the whole thing to arbitration, and may be the source of this story. It would presumably be in his interests to create as big a stink as possible. Allegedly.

the comments at the bottom are class

that they are this one in particular

you would think that the people that write the reports would take 5 minutes(thats all it took me)to do a bit of research,and get the TRUE facts - carrol was an unused sub against us(wigan)on sat nov 15th 2008 the game was a 2-2 draw, owen and martins scored for newcastle - ryan taylor and bramble scored for us - carrol was substitute again on boxing day 2008 and came on for viduka in the 68th min - ryan taylor again scored for us and a 73rd minute penalty from zaki proved to be the winner -guthrie scored a late consolation penalty for newcastle although it was kirland climbing all over carroll that won the penalty, carroll has never scored against us. now the interesting bit - the article claims bruce made an inquiry the following monday for carroll and was quoted 4.5 mill - but we only wanted to pay 2.5 mill - the mail goes on to say we could not afford him - now that was just 2 weeks or so before we broke our transfer record to sign nzogbia from for over 6.5 million that was also at a time when we knew valencia was going to man utd in the summer(in fact we turned down real madrids millions) - heskey went for 3 mill to villa and palacious was sold to spurs for a reported 12 to 14 million. so whatever the reason we didnt sign him, it was more likely bruce thought is value was 2.5 not 4.5 million, it certainly was not shortage of money. i think bruce could be genuine in how he thought it happened and is slightly mistaken with his version

making shit up mr bruce?