West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What really infuriated me at the time of his sale was that I remember watching an interview with him shortly before the Chelsea game last November. He stated that he would love to spend the rest of his career at the club and didn't have any intention of moving. It just made the whole thing harder to accept.

And then of course you had the fact that we failed to sign a replacement for him which was, at the time, a very frightening position we left ourselves in. Add to this the Hughton/Pardew fiasco and the owners history that portrays them and it just left me with utter despair.

However, we seem to have maximised our advantage with that money and built the foundations for a potentially very promising squad. To me it's almost worrying to think of our style of play right now with Pardew having Carroll at his disposal for the direct game.

Ba and Cisse every day of the week for me :thup:

I think he will be excited about going back (to Newcastle).

It’s the club he supported as a boy, the club that gave him his chance in professional football.

I’m not sure he will get abuse, because what happened (him leaving for Liverpool) was outside his control. I don’t think he ever did anything other than give his best for Newcastle, and then they got £35m into the bargain as well. That’s not bad, is it?

It’s the club he supported as a boy, the club that gave him his chance in professional football.

I’m not sure he will get abuse, because what happened (him leaving for Liverpool) was outside his control. I don’t think he ever did anything other than give his best for Newcastle, and then they got £35m into the bargain as well. That’s not bad, is it?

Sounds like he's almost admitting we got the better end of the deal.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've heard Carroll asked to leave once the offer was accepted, he could have always said no.

He only ever played well in the games that followed him twatting someone. Thats where Dalglish is going wrong, he needs to encourage his violence.

If that's actually an agent he's a complete and utter idiot who's just destroyed his credibility and his business.

It's his former agent, probably bitter.

What really infuriated me at the time of his sale was that I remember watching an interview with him shortly before the Chelsea game last November. He stated that he would love to spend the rest of his career at the club and didn't have any intention of moving. It just made the whole thing harder to accept.

And then of course you had the fact that we failed to sign a replacement for him which was, at the time, a very frightening position we left ourselves in. Add to this the Hughton/Pardew fiasco and the owners history that portrays them and it just left me with utter despair.

However, we seem to have maximised our advantage with that money and built the foundations for a potentially very promising squad. To me it's almost worrying to think of our style of play right now with Pardew having Carroll at his disposal for the direct game.

It's not just Ba and Cisse i know some of them where bought before Carroll left but lets look at the players we have signed that equals Carroll's fee its practically a new squad......

Cabaye 4m, Tiote 3.5, Marveaux free, Ba free, Ben Arfa 5m, Santon 5m, Cisse 9m.......

That's around 27m its impossible to argue we didnt get the better end of the deal infact it was probably the best bit of business we ever did.

Guest Haris Vuckic

If that's actually an agent he's a complete and utter idiot who's just destroyed his credibility and his business.

It's not just Ba and Cisse i know some of them where bought before Carroll left but lets look at the players we have signed that equals Carroll's fee its practically a new squad......

Cabaye 4m, Tiote 3.5, Marveaux free, Ba free, Ben Arfa 5m, Santon 5m, Cisse 9m.......

That's around 27m its impossible to be argue we didnt get the better end of the deal infact it was probably the best bit of business we ever did.

Ironically I'd put selling Andy Carroll up there with buying Shearer.

no9 legend...

Got nowt against the kid. He was young, got blinded by riches, promises of glory and agent's spin. He knows he made a mistake and probably regrets it.

Had an awesome season and a half for us, and I for one would have him back anytime.

Where would you play him if you would have him back anytime? With the formation we played on Sunday he wouldn't get a game for us.

Perhaps should have qualified that by saying... even as things are today. He wouldn't be in every starting XI but it won't always be like Sunday gone.

Horses for courses and all that.

That's around 27m its impossible to argue we didnt get the better end of the deal infact it was probably the best bit of business we ever did.

Aside from Ben Arfa, and Tiote being signed before he was sold. We still have a fair amount of cash surplus including TV money and player sales still to spend.

AP on selling AC: "The bid stood at £35m. I pulled Andy in my office, looked him in the eye & asked him do you want to stay or go?"

AP: "Andy said LFC had offered him a fantastic package & he declared he wanted to go. I then spoke to Derek & said 'Yep, sell him.' "

https://twitter.com/#!/DanMolyneux1

From a talk-in at Dunston last night.

I don't believe for one second that Alan Pardew had any say whatsoever in the transfer.

AP on selling AC: "The bid stood at £35m. I pulled Andy in my office, looked him in the eye & asked him do you want to stay or go?"

AP: "Andy said LFC had offered him a fantastic package & he declared he wanted to go. I then spoke to Derek & said 'Yep, sell him.' "

I don't believe for one second that Alan Pardew had any say whatsoever in the transfer.

Whether or not you believe that is neither here nor there.

Carroll did.

And he chose them cunts.

Whether or not you believe that is neither here nor there.

Carroll did.

And he chose them c***s.

Opinions are allow on forums, you know. :p

I didn't have too much hard feeling for him.  The money comes too quick and too soon.  Very few people in this world could resist that stupid offer.  The only thing he didn't impress me was that he claims he has been forced out which was not the case.  However in the end he earned us a great fortune and a bunch of quality players.  His departure probably allow us to change our playing style as well (see how Liverpool plays where Carroll's on the pitch). I won't cheer for him since he is no longer playing for Newcastle, but I won't boo him either.  He has contributed, in terms of both goals and money, a huge lot to our club since relegation.  Great entertainment for seeing him struggling in Liverpool as well (sorry Andy).

Enrique is completely another case.  He deserved our worst ever treatment.

Won't get booed from me because of what he did during his time for us, Enrique on the other hand was an utter cunt and deserves an awful reception because of the way he treat the club from last Jan onwards with the contract situation.

Carroll is a bad person. He hits lasses, glasses people, broke wor Stevie T's jaw and threw every Geordie lads dream of being Newcastle number 9 away for money. f*** him. He made our club a laughing stock at times with his front page antics.

I don't think us as the fans have much to thank him for as i don't think he was even that good in the Championship.