West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest GeordieAce

Feel a bit sorry for him really. You can tell he'd much rather be here. But I'm glad he's not.

Na fuck that, shouldn't have dropped us in the shite in January. Added to the fact he tried to cheat us out of a penalty today, he can go fuck himself.

To be fair, he was causing us all sorts of problems before he started losing it.

Think there's a very good player still in there somewhere. Just needs to be in a place where he's surrounded by a supportive group of players and a manager who can patiently help him build his confidence back.

Liverpool clearly is not this place.

All the excuses for Carroll are meaningless after that dive.  I would say no former players dared to do this against us, not even the likes of Bellamy, Ginola and Lua-Lua.

Guest Chubby Jason

I'd imagine he saw and took to opportunity to go down because he has zero confidence in his own ability and would have not have the responsibility of having to shoot in that situation.

Tbf Tron is right, the lad would walk back toNewcastle given half a chance.

Why walk when the greedy cunt could afford a private jet?

Fuck him, I didn't have any doubt he wanted to go but that dive proved he was a bigger cunt than expected. Worse than celebrating a goal.

Don't know how anybody could feel sorry for him. Especially after that dive.

I don't really think he wanted to leave but obviously he was going to double his money at Liverpool so he tried to get a pay rise here. In fact even the fact he tried to get a better contract here shows where he'd rather be if money wasn't a factor.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'd imagine he saw and took to opportunity to go down because he has zero confidence in his own ability and would have not have the responsibility of having to shoot in that situation.

I thought he did it so he'd pass the buck onto someone else to score. Completely bottled it, rather than looking to cheat (if that makes sense).

Don't know how anybody could feel sorry for him. Especially after that dive.

I don't really think he wanted to leave but obviously he was going to double his money at Liverpool so he tried to get a pay rise here. In fact even the fact he tried to get a better contract here shows where he'd rather be if money wasn't a factor.

He was earning as much here per year as much as most will earn in 52 years, we need to stop making excuses for the lad, 21 is young but not an age where people can get away with silly mistakes imo.

That's before we talk about that dive, another daft mistake?

'Carroll's mistakes' will become 'Shola's potential' if it keeps going at this rate :lol:

I'd take him back here in a shot. He would have sit on the bench though!

He is clearly hating Liverpool life. Thought he played well today, as Oldtype said he gave us a lot of problems, just wasn't his day thankfully. If Dogleash actually started him consistently and he played like that every game it would only take one or two of those chances going in to see him run riot

Guest Chubby Jason

I thought he did it so he'd pass the buck onto someone else to score. Completely bottled it, rather than looking to cheat (if that makes sense).

Yeah, he'd be happier to win the pen and let Gerrard assume responsibility for putting it away. His confidence is totally shot, he needs a move in the summer, and it's a shame too because he should be looking forward to playing in the European Championship this June. But I'd imagine signing for Stoke will be the highlight of his summer.