West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do we even have the setup to exploit him as a plan B though? I guess 10 mins to go every game we're losing on comes Ryan Taylor for Ben Arfa and Carroll for Cisse?

Even if you think he's only useful because he's tall and can head a ball (which I don't, he's a much better footballer than that), it would be vastly preferable to Cabaye launching it to Willo at the edge of the box no?

I was against the loan idea to begin with but if we could get him back for a year and have an agreement that we get him for a certain fee then it's a good deal - if he does well then great let's have him for less than half of what we sold him for, if he bombs then he's Liverpool's expensive problem again.

Maybe i have missed something as the post are coming fast and furious and i am skim reading them.

What stops Liverpool from taking him back after the season if he does amazing and selling him on to another club for a bigger fee than arranged with us? or is that not an option?

I think a lot of these loans with an option to buy have a fixed fee at the end of it where the loaning club gets first option.  Might be wrong, just seems to ring a bell.

If so then that would be a good deal for us but if not then I'd share you concerns.

Yep, from what happened with Hatem and what was said about that I think it's basically that we agree a fee and we can sign him for that amount at any time during the loan, once it's been agreed they can't say no.

I was against the loan idea to begin with but if we could get him back for a year and have an agreement that we get him for a certain fee then it's a good deal - if he does well then great let's have him for less than half of what we sold him for, if he bombs then he's Liverpool's expensive problem again.

Maybe i have missed something as the post are coming fast and furious and i am skim reading them.

What stops Liverpool from taking him back after the season if he does amazing and selling him on to another club for a bigger fee than arranged with us? or is that not an option?

If the loan arrangement says they have to sell to us for a fixed fee after the years up than they can't get out of it unless Carroll turned us down.

Has there been any indication that Liverpool will even accept our offer? or that carroll definitely wants to come back for that matter?

Surely it would be madness for them to loan him back to us after spending 35m not so long ago

Here's how I see this panning out, especially for Bimpy now that he recognises my Nastrodamus-esque qualities, Carroll will return on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

He arrives back to much media interest and is well briefed to keep his counsel on all things Liverpool. However, as the season progresses and on the back of one very good game, the Big AC drops a PR rick by stating his love for the Toon and his desire to stay at NUFC indicating that he never liked Liverpool and only feels at home with us.

Cut to the end of next season, Ashley reneges on the permanent fee and slaps in a lower offer, cos he can be a cunt like that, and says to the Big Lad, kick up a fuss, stick your gypo cock in Stevie G's lasses Nose and let the Sunday Mirror capture it on camera, whatever it takes.

We're paying the cunts £10m max with a £35m buy back deal.

Have it.

I don't think he was so much off form at Liverpool as much as in a team not built to his strengths under a manager who had no tactical awareness. Here we have the awareness I expect but anyone to deliver balls from out wide?

Debuchy  :pow:

People were calling for something resembling a 4-3-3 as far back as last summer. There were threads on here asking whether we should shift permanently.

We finally made the shift to a more fluid system (something between a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1) late on in the season and we had a stretch of 6 or 7 games where we played some great stuff, finally fulfilling what many thought our players were capable of throughout the season. It was brief but it shows that the potential IS there with this squad of players and even more so when we add more players.

That was my main and only real criticism of Pardew. Nobody could argue with our results all season long, but the poor standard of football and underuse of our most talented player was a real sticking point. I'm certainly not saying we played better football on the whole since Carroll has gone, quite the opposite in fact, I think we've played some rank awful stuff that has been to the misuse of our best players. That's why I'm so indifferent and worried about this move, it suggests that any long-term progress to a better style of football could be marginalised. If we want to be a top club in the long term we need to be more flexible tactically, we need more movement off the ball, we need to be able to keep possession better both home and away. All of these things the very best sides can do and I think we're very close to doing it or having the potential to do it.

Some people say it's possible to play football and use Carroll as the focal point too. I'm not convinced. Liverpool have spent close to 18 months trying it only for it never to work or click. They've regressed as a team since he went there while we have gone forward. He's not the only culprit in that mob but he's one of the main ones and it doesn't surprise me one bit that they want rid. He has lacked the two most important attributes for a forward in a fluid team and that is touch and movement.

The more I think about it the more I'd rather we just stayed away personally. But lets see what happens.

Has there been any indication that Liverpool will evan accept our offer? or that carroll definitely wants to come back for that matter?

Surely it would be madness for them to loan him back to us after spending 35m not so long ago

If they turn that £35m loss into a £20m loss or whatever then it's still terrible but it's obviously not so bad.  Isn't exactly a queue of clubs willing to give them their money back.

Has there been any indication that Liverpool will evan accept our offer? or that carroll definitely wants to come back for that matter?

IF its true that Carroll knew about the offer 3 days ago than it seems likely we've let him know to gauge his opinion on it, if we're now making the offer than it'd seem he's agreeable to it.

I dont recollect us hoying it long in the Championship, or under Hoots in the Premier.......the lad is better than just hoying it to his head.

We didn't. In fact that's the common misconception about Carroll he isn't Drogba he doesn't bully defenders.

What he is very good at is getting on the end of crosses or passes into the box, his timing and his jump is fantastic.

That's what we did we passed it around in midfield, then put it outwide and crossed early and often.

Hardly hoofball.

Also when you consider this, i seem to remember in that 6 game winning streak a lot of times Ben Arfa dribbling outwide and going to the byline and putting a great cross in after a spell of possession.

Don't you think Carroll would thrive under that?

I don't think he was so much off form at Liverpool as much as in a team not built to his strengths under a manager who had no tactical awareness. Here we have the awareness I expect but anyone to deliver balls from out wide?

are you saying Obertan isn't up to the job?

Here's how I see this panning out, especially for Bimpy now that he recognises my Nastrodamus-esque qualities, Carroll will return on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

He arrives back to much media interest and is well briefed to keep his counsel on all things Liverpool. However, as the season progresses and on the back of one very good game, the Big AC drops a PR rick by stating his love for the Too and his desire to stay at NUFC indicating that he never liked Liverpool and only feels at home with us.

Cut to the end of next season, Ashley reneges on the permanent fee and slaps in a lower offer, cos he be a cunt like that, and says to the Big Lad, kick up a fuss, stick your gypo cock in Stevie G's lasses Nose and let the Sunday Mirror capture it on camera, whatever it takes.

We're paying the cunts £10m max with a £35m buy back deal.

Have it.

:lol: Sounds class

but cabaye and willo (ok latter les so) have other aspects to their game. Who would you drop in the first XI for Carroll, just for corners?

Even if there wasn't the ACN possibility, we can't rely on two strikers for the whole season. Shola is not an option as a starter. And Carroll addresses our weaknesses perfectly.

It's not that I don't rate Carroll, I just think to be effective he needs a team built a certain way and not sure we have the squad to adapt the whole thing for his benefit occiasionally, or we'll end up trying to mix the two styles loads and have ben arfa running into andy carrol half the time

We played literally 3-4 (and a 1/2) games of class aesthetically pleasing football all season and our best performance was against Man U in a 4-4-2. We aren't going to be dominating teams with tiki-taka football and people really need to stop this "he won't fit into our system" shite.

Get a grip lads, the amount of games we have next season dictates that cisse ba and Carroll would all get at least 30 games each. The lad was unplayable at times for us and if he comes back then I'll back him softened by the fact the scouse cunts have paid to rebuild our team. We need a squad and he'll be a top attribution. There is no way it will be anywhere near the fees mentioned 10 mill top which we were going to pay for an unproven dejong -if it happens.

We played literally 3-4 (and a 1/2) games of class aesthetically pleasing football all season and our best performance was against Man U in a 4-4-2. We aren't going to be dominating teams with tiki-taka football and people really need to stop this "he won't fit into our system" s****.

Pards said we would be not a week ago be dominating teams with tika taka  :lol:

Don't think it's so simple as 4-4-2 suiting carroll, we have completely unsuitable wide players.

We played literally 3-4 (and a 1/2) games of class aesthetically pleasing football all season and our best performance was against Man U in a 4-4-2. We aren't going to be dominating teams with tiki-taka football and people really need to stop this "he won't fit into our system" shite.

since when have we had a system anyway, pards isn't a system manager he's the kind of manager who'll change tactics depending on the opponent.

Very true this, From Pards up they have praised the lad and not slated him at all.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-striker-Andy-Carroll-worth-f-all-claims-Newcastle-MD-Derek-Llambias-article829815.html

Whoops. :lol:

“But the £35m they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike (Ashley) said — and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you — get all the £35m up front.

“We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest.”

:mackems: