West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not saying De Jong is the same type of player as Carroll (I know fuck all about him tbh), but wouldn't we have had all the same problems of accomodating three first-team strikers had he joined? Can't remember so many people being as concerned about that.

Can't De Jong play wider though?

Dunno mate, as I said I don't know owt about him. Think someone on here said that, but on the video I watched he was a #9 and looked like one.

Isn't this what we do as English team supporters. Think of players in only one way. The reason players in Holland say can play in a 3 up front despite what they appear to be, is they are comfortable taking up each others roles.

Surely Ba, Cisse and Carroll if they did start together can rotate all the positions between them.....love a bit of movement me like.

Exactly bimp. We think in straight lines and inflexible systems. De Jong looks like a big centre forward; must play through the middle. But when I asked the Twente fan and a journalist who watched him they both said he is perfect for any position in a flexible front 3. A big #9 playing wide left doesn't have to always stay there and it shouldn't limit his ability to score and create so long as he has the awareness and ability to play there.

That's for me the main reason that Rodgers doesn't like Carroll. His touch and control isn't that bad and he can move when he gets going - but his natural movement, anticipation, awareness etc is very poor for a top level striker as has been proven over the last 18 months.

Guest bimpy474

You'll know that better than me mate, i dont recall it at all, must of missed it (on here i mean).

I do recall that my boss in one of his chats he's had with Dekka, was along the line of " look at Man City they can bring on Balotelli, we've got Perch (that was after mentioning i was a Newcastle fan).

True story that like, Dekka goes to family get togethers/birthdays etc that my boss goes to, my boss got his pic taken with him, just to show me (and got bought a pint too).

It wasn't quite the way i remembered it but almost, and Llambias couldn't lie straight in bed.  http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,90963.msg3332417.html#msg3332417

Blimey that wasn't that long ago and i dont remember posting any of that....:D

Aye, I would say trusting Dekka isn't something we should do just yet, not sure if the term "warming to him" is right either.

This will run until deadline day, I reckon - where we'll offer less than we've offered now. :lol:

This is exactly what I expect. :lol:

I guess a lot will depend on how he reacts to this offer and how well he performs for Liverpool before then.

Guest bimpy474

Not saying De Jong is the same type of player as Carroll (I know fuck all about him tbh), but wouldn't we have had all the same problems of accomodating three first-team strikers had he joined? Can't remember so many people being as concerned about that.

Can't De Jong play wider though?

Dunno mate, as I said I don't know owt about him. Think someone on here said that, but on the video I watched he was a #9 and looked like one.

Isn't this what we do as English team supporters. Think of players in only one way. The reason players in Holland say can play in a 3 up front despite what they appear to be, is they are comfortable taking up each others roles.

Surely Ba, Cisse and Carroll if they did start together can rotate all the positions between them.....love a bit of movement me like.

Exactly bimp. We think in straight lines and inflexible systems. De Jong looks like a big centre forward; must play through the middle. But when I asked the Twente fan and a journalist who watched him they both said he is perfect for any position in a flexible front 3. A big #9 playing wide left doesn't have to always stay there and it shouldn't limit his ability to score and create so long as he has the awareness and ability to play there.

That's for me the main reason that Rodgers doesn't like Carroll. His touch and control isn't that bad and he can move when he gets going - but his natural movement, anticipation, awareness etc is very poor for a top level striker as has been proven over the last 18 months.

Its one of my real hates of the English mentality, why cant we get a team to move in each others positions, fluid movement and adaptability. Its all, he's a right winger, he's a anchor man or he can only play one way.

We have to change our way of thinking to produce better technical players and with it better football.

This will run until deadline day, I reckon - where we'll offer less than we've offered now. :lol:

This is exactly what I expect. :lol:

I guess a lot will depend on how he reacts to this offer and how well he performs for Liverpool before then.

If they play him.............................

Big Mike: Right, the clocks ticking so this'll be our final offer. £3M loan fee and we'll throw in Smithy.

Dekka: Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. He's not here anymore Boss.

Big Mike: Besty?

Dekka: No boss. Blackburn.

Big Mike: Right, fuck it, you can have young Simmo but there'll be no loan fee. He's a future England international. In fact, give us a £5m & AC and then we'll talk.

dont understand peopel saying they dont want him back.

It we keep Ba/ cisse he will be an excellent addition.

If we lose one of them, he will be an essential replacement.

Guest Haris Vuckic

carrll pls

Same, rather have him over the Plan A - De Jong.