West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't understand why everyone is trying to work out how to fit all three of Ba, Cisse, and Carroll into a system. We have European football, two domestic cups, and the league to contend with. Ba and Cisse will not be playing every game. We've already shipped out Best and Lovenkrands. We need decent players to come in that we can rotate. 

Carroll would be to us as Crouch was to Spurs.

Not sure how the fook we would get AC and the Demba's on the pitch at the same time.  Cannot see that happening with Tiote, HBA and Cabaye needed on the pitch as well.

Krul

Deb?  Taylor  Colo  Santon

HBA  Tiote  Cabaye

Cisse Carroll Ba

Not sure that would work IMO unless Cisse and Ba are prepared to get back to for a 5 if under the cosh.

Think he won't be a surefire starter right away, but with the extra European and cup games we'd tinker around more oft, so he'll get his chance.

Either way, we shouldn't f***ing move Cissé for him.

I agree with the Scandinavian, Cisse has proven himself to be a top, top finisher.

We have s*** loads of games next season and the ACN to deal with. 

Would be interesting to see how he fits into the current system.  By all accounts, a lot of his success was down to the crosses of Barton from the right, and we haven't had the same service with Big Hatem/Obertan.

reports that ashley is putting an offer to rangers, give us 5 million and we'll take barton off them.  :naughty:

I just want to forget Andy Carroll even exists TBH, I really think this would be a bad move.

For footballing reasons, squad harmony, style of football and all that, I don't see how bringing Carroll back would be positive. He'd be a useful extra body, but I think we need better reasons than that bearing in mind all the negatives.

I just want to forget Andy Carroll even exists TBH, I really think this would be a bad move.

For footballing reasons, squad harmony, style of football and all that, I don't see how bringing Carroll back would be positive. He'd be a useful extra body, but I think we need better reasons than that bearing in mind all the negatives.

No trust in Pardew and the club then? Funny that. :razz:

Guest Roger Kint

Not sure how the fook we would get AC and the Demba's on the pitch at the same time.  Cannot see that happening with Tiote, HBA and Cabaye needed on the pitch as well.

Krul

HBA  Tiote  Cabaye

Cisse Carroll Ba

Not sure that would work IMO unless Cisse and Ba are prepared to get back to for a 5 if under the cosh.

Think he won't be a surefire starter right away, but with the extra European and cup games we'd tinker around more oft, so he'll get his chance.

Either way, we shouldn't f***ing move Cissé for him.

I agree with the Scandinavian, Cisse and proven himself to be a top, top finisher.

We have shit loads of games next season and the ACN to deal with. 

We wont have to worry about the ACN if the Ivory Coast beat Senegal. Would prefer we went for someone more versatile who wont need stupid wages tbh

Quite suprised that according to the poll, majority would have him back on loan.

Think we should be staying well away from this one. Far too many negatives outweighing the postives in this deal.

Can kind of see where we are going with this one in the sense he can give us a different style of play if needed, but personally think we should just be staying well clear.

:iamatwat:

Usually I have, this just feels like one of those Ashley moves that are not really on message. Like the last-minute bid for Brian Ruiz.

Usually I have, this just feels like one of those Ashley moves that are not really on message. Like the last-minute bid for Brian Ruiz.

That was just a ruse.

I don't understand why everyone is trying to work out how to fit all three of Ba, Cisse, and Carroll into a system. We have European football, two domestic cups, and the league to contend with. Ba and Cisse will not be playing every game. We've already shipped out Best and Lovenkrands. We need decent players to come in that we can rotate. 

Carroll would be to us as Crouch was to Spurs.

Totally agree.  We needed a bigger squad throughout last season and we will need an even bigger squad with Europe.  This notion that we somehow need to fit Ba, Cisse and Carroll into the same team for every game is just a bit bizarre.

That was just a ruse.

Hope this is too then.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ba/Carroll/Cisse/Shola

Power forwards.

Carroll- battering ram who hold ball up

Cisse- finisher with great movement

Ba- good all rounder who can finish but also link up

Shola- great impact sub

I think they all have different attributes tbf

:lol:

Krul

HBA  Tiote  Cabaye

Cisse Carroll Ba

:lol: Perhaps if we were two nil down and getting played off the park with our usual system we could throw the dice and try that if all else failled. Hoof it Carroll bound for him to score or nod down to the Demba's and Cabaye lurking behind when we have the ball, dropping back when we didn't , everyone hoofing it Carroll bound  :lol: with Tiote and Jonas holding. Not sure what the french contingent would make of that  :laugh2: 

Hmmm yes i agree i deffinately woulden't start with that personally though unless desperate. Not the way i'd want to play ideally. Although could arugably be effective, the ultimate long ball football. Would scare the s*** out of defences up against Carroll Ba and Cisse and be very hard to defend against. Our possession statistics would be shocking  :lol: other teams would have to try and cut our supply lines.

Like most people had more of this in mind:

Krul

Debuchy?  Taylor  Colo  Santon

Cabaye    Tiote    Jonas

HBA      Cisse    Ba/Hoilett type player

Bench, 7 from: Harper, Willi, Douglas?, Raylor/Tav/Fergie, Marveaux, Shola/Carroll(now Maybe?), Sammy/Abeid/New french guy/Bigi

If we get Carroll back on loan or for around £10 mil then great. But i'd prefer the resources went on someone like Hoilett first, there is a possibility Carroll could disrupt the way we play and results suffer, but a handy sub at the very very least and we have alot of games this season. Even if it didn't work out you would think someone like Stoke or someone would still give us £10 million ish for him. So worth a gamble imo.

p.s. can definately see the possibility of Liverpool coming in for Ba now at £7m trying to save face as we end up with Carroll.

Newcastle’s initial offer, which was rejected, was actually closer to £13million despite reports of a lower offer.

:harry:

Could spend that money so much better....

Agreed, i hope we don't spend that much money on him. We could get 2 or 3 class players for that money.

I'd have Carroll back for £10m, but if we have that kind of money available for one player, I would love for us to be after Dries Mertens. Fantastic little speedy winger. Would be perfect in the role Ba had last year.

Guest Phil K

Liverpool will be wanting 25 mill minimum for him.

If the other clubs aren't stupid, they'll have to lower their demands.

My guess is that the likes of Spurs will use their Modric money to try to get him to appease their fans