West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Decent idea on loan tbh. See if he can take up where he left off, if he can, BAM! we'll have him for 5 mill, and the tossers of LFC will have been well and truly shafted. If he can't and he's still shite, no problem, he can fuck off back too LFC, and the tossers of LFC will still have been well and truly shafted.

Don't want him back, he represents the opposite of what we are trying to build both in terms of character and style of play. Yes he doesn't have Shola's rapist touch but technically he is far inferior than the likes of HBA, Cabaye, Cisse and Ba. Just let him lie in the grave he dug himself

Don't want him back, he represents the opposite of what we are trying to build both in terms of character and style of play. Yes he doesn't have Shola's rapist touch but technically he is far inferior than the likes of HBA, Cabaye, Cisse and Ba. Just let him lie in the grave he dug himself

Is he really that technicaly inferior to Ba? I agree he'd be lucky to get a 2nd chance after following the money.

Is he really that technicaly inferior to Ba? I agree he'd be lucky to get a 2nd chance after following the money.

Yes.

It's possible we've put in a low bid knowing that the publicity will turn the player's head.

He knows he's not wanted there. I think Rodgers made a mistake making it public knowledge he wants shot of him. I reckon we have pounced on that, knowing the player will put pressure on them.

If he's an addition to Ba and Cisse and it's a loan deal, it does free up funds for elsewhere in the team. I do wonder how he will fit in with Cisse a guaranteed starter. I know what people are saying about the fixtures but if fit Cisse will start every game. We also seemed to play a 4-3-3 later in the season to good effect and Carroll wouldn't work in a wide role. So does he sit on the bench, a super sub who only starts in the cups? A more versatile forward could fight it out with Cisse but also adapt to the wide roles as Ba has.

Yes.

:lol: No more needed to be said.

:lol: I love the idea that Liverpool hold any kind of power in this situation.  We could take him or leave him, who cares.  No chance we'll get the raw end of the deal.

exactly, we have other players we can get, and unlike the original move Carroll will demand this one is pushed through from the start imo.

:lol: I love the idea that Liverpool hold any kind of power in this situation.  We could take him or leave him, who cares.  No chance we'll get the raw end of the deal.

they've put themselves in a very awkward position through sheer idiocy, the fact its become well known they want rid of Carroll dramatically weakens their bargaining position and no doubt leaves Carroll rather annoyed at not even being given a chance. They've basically destroyed their own chances of coming out of this whole transfer (going back to the 35m) with any shred of credibility or dignity left

its not what he said so much as what he didn't say, when even rumours about Suarez leaving were doing the rounds he was out quickly to slap them down. When the Carroll to Milan rumours came about he wasn't nearly as forceful in responding to them and even said he could maybe go on loan. Now thats not exactly the greatest backing anyones ever received

Missed the fun of this. Much appreciated, timezone. :(

Anyway, when Carroll left for 35m, I always had this strange feeling that that wan't the last of him in a Newcastle shirt. I felt that, whether or not he'd succeed in Liverpool, he'd come home the moment we're built up to be one hell of a team again.

Now that we seem to be on the up, I'd be happy to see this push through. It ticks all boxes for me: we'd get another young player in, we'll get depth in strikers, we'll get to put on a smug grin on them bin dippers on every game against them, and we'll get a Geordie up front during a bright time for the club. Carroll's been in good form over the past few months as well, and this move would probably be what it takes to get thim to kick on. A win-win for both parties imo, and the only ones I can see not benefiting from such a move would be Loserfool. Though it's hard to think of reasons why we wouldn't want it to be that way, wouldn't it? :lol:

So, if it happens, get in, and if it doesn't, I'd still have faith that we'd eventually get our striking depth sorted out with the scouting we have.  :)

LiverpoolScout ‏@LiverpoolScout

The only way I see Carroll moving back to Newcastle is in a deal with cash (£10m) + Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba or Hatem Ben Arfa.

No, really, he's serious.

He then goes on to suggest that Ben Arfa would be back up. :mackems:

Missed the fun of this. Much appreciated, timezone. :(

Anyway, when Carroll left for 35m, I always had this strange feeling that that wan't the last of him in a Newcastle shirt. I felt that, whether or not he'd succeed in Liverpool, he'd come home the moment we're built up to be one hell of a team again.

Now that we seem to be on the up, I'd be happy to see this push through. It ticks all boxes for me: we'd get another young player in, we'll get depth in strikers, we'll get to put on a smug grin on them bin dippers on every game against them, and we'll get a Geordie up front during a bright time for the club. Carroll's been in good form over the past few months as well, and this move would probably be what it takes to get thim to kick on. A win-win for both parties imo, and the only ones I can see not benefiting from such a move would be Loserfool. Though it's hard to think of reasons why we wouldn't want it to be that way, wouldn't it? :lol:

So, if it happens, get in, and if it doesn't, I'd still have faith that we'd eventually get our striking depth sorted out with the scouting we have.  :)

I assume you are only referring to us and Carroll as a huge loss on a player is hardly a win for the dippers.

Not that I care what so ever :) 

On a serious note, they will only deal with us if they get a significant chunk of the money back, there is no way we will go higher than £10-12M IMO which on its own is hillarious.