West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2010 was when Carroll was at his best. Some of the stuff he played was almost Shearer-esque, that's how good his potential was back then. He hasn't progressed at all in the last two years though and that's really down to him. His attitude has been poor - he's still somewhat immature. The many times he'd been called out for his off-field antics (ie. his boozing) and not doing anything about just epitomised the level of his attitude. You could put that down to him being homesick or you could put that down to Dalglish's shitness but one thing's for sure imo, he simply hasn't been professional.

The back end of last season saw glimpses of the Carroll of old but his decent form came too little, too late in terms of doing anything to justify his £35 million price tag.

Definitely don't want him back here as I see it as a step in the wrong direction. We've moved on and he made his choice so I would rather we concentrate on bringing in other targets.

Guest StellaExpress

So the loan bid was rejected? Rodgers as good as said he would let him go on loan.

Getting bad vibes about this, can see him coming permanently.

Nah not permanently. The crack is apparently we have offered to pay 50% of wages and tried to get a future fee of 12m..... Even Liverpool are not that stupid!

So the loan bid was rejected? Rodgers as good as said he would let him go on loan.

Getting bad vibes about this, can see him coming permanently.

Nah not permanently. The crack is apparently we have offered to pay 50% of wages and tried to get a future fee of 12m..... Even Liverpool are not that stupid!

Fair that. Ashley & Dekka will make it happen sooner or later, if they want.

Wouldn't be surprised if Carroll leaked the story.

We're chancing it, not really bothered. He's desperate to come back and Liverpool only want to sell him.

[/total speculation]

cp40, all our transfer targets at the moment are technically gifted players who can play several different roles. Carroll, for me, was absolutely perfect in the system of Barton putting in top crosses and having Kevin Nolan beside him whose movement in the final third is excellent. Carroll could probably do a lot of knockdowns for Cisse but it would probably be at the expense of Ba.

Ba is a far more natural goalscorer, has better technique and can play in different systems. Whilst Carroll was once perfect for us, he really isn't anymore. That's why I'd be disappointed, nothing to do with him as a person as I've always really liked him and want him to do well, just not at our expense

How many goals did Carroll score from Barton crosses? West Ham away and then im struggling.

Another myth is how Barton played in that season. He was better than the rest of his nothing years at NUFC but he was hardly regularly creative. He just wasn't as disappointing as prior seasons.

I don't know the stats on crosses for goals but there were definitely a number of crosses over from barton with knockdowns from Carroll which led to goals/goalscoring opportunities. I'm not saying Barton was great that season, I don't rate him as a footballer that much but he certainly put in a lot of decent crosses. Ba was dead on his feet for most of the second part of the season so it's difficult to rate how effective he is in a 4-3-3 and out wide. I don't doubt for a minute that if we start this season with him out wide or deeper in a 4-3-3 we'll see a much better Ba than we did from Feb onwards

But he dosent want to, from what you can gather. A fit and focused Carroll could play that role, and cause havoc just like he did for us, imo.

Guest StellaExpress

Wouldn't be surprised if Carroll leaked the story.

We're chancing it, not really bothered. He's desperate to come back and Liverpool only want to sell him.

[/total speculation]

Its no secret that Carroll is homesick

Guest Realist

Ashley and Dekka drunk as hell, giggling into the phone, placing random loan bids then laughing and hanging up. 

It's how it goes in my mind anyway.

On RAWK somebody says they want Cabaye as part of the deal.

The response from one of them: "Don't want that horrible individual here."

:spit: The fans that worship Suarez :spit:

Stupid cunts.

Guest StellaExpress

No way will they get Cabaye. He is easily worth 20m+ already

Guest StellaExpress

No way will they get Cabaye.

No s***, sherlock.

no need for that!

Guest Spiria

It would be a bit like if Benny would come back to Marseille.

Don't think it will bring something good.

Everything we do is planned, whether this is a smokescreen or a genuine offer by the club, it's been thought out, discussed and decided it is what is best for us, and really bar one or two meh signings the last 3 seasons or so are littered with brilliant buys.

If Pardew wants him and the board see it as a good move then really let's just go with it, they've hardly let us down in that area, a bit more trust is needed. Also if they turn around and say were not interested its all bollocks or the deal to bring him back wasn't favourable and he goes elsewhere, then fair enough they've done enough deals to know what is right for the club.

I think we'll likely be back in for him. The wheels are starting to turn...

We played long ball for a lot of last season. The reason our win at West Brom was so great was because we hadn't seen that type of play - it certainly wasn't the norm. We played gritty football until March and evolved by May.

Being sensible now - and ignoring how funny it'd be - he'd be an awkward fit and I think we should stick to our successful project. It won't be a problem if we don't get him, this was just a bonus. The opportunists probably thought it was worth a go, without getting serious about it. However, I'm very curious about who's next on our list after De Jong, Carroll and Hoilett.

Quite a fun Sunday night  :laugh:

Steve Brenner ‏@SunSteveBrenner

Newcastle definitely want Carroll. He's not back from hols until next week so will rumble. Won't be easy, but interesting all the same ‪#nufc‬

12:06 AM - 16 Jul 12