West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Carroll is still on Holiday you blithering idiots.

I don't think those 'blithering idiots' would ever spell holiday with a capital H.

:lol:

His signing would no doubt provide added depth and give us something else in terms of having a battering ram classic CF who can play up top with a striker like Ba, Cisse or alone up top with HBA behind him. He also would be getting a great run of matches during the ACON if we do lose Cisse and Ba to that if they beat Tiote's Ivory Coast.

I'm all for any singing that adds depth and improves our squad, esp the fact that he's young and we have a manager who has some proven track record at getting the best out of our players.

Not travelled with Liverpool :lol:

Eh, he was at the Euro, extended leave.

He is in Brazil still.

SSN reporting it as if it was huge news

:D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually quite funny, a friend who works in Brazil is back in Norway on holiday at the moment.

On Saturday he received a text from his girlfriend in Brazil. she works in a Irish pub in Rio (shocker that my friend found a GF in a pub 20meters from his apartment :lol: ) She asked if he know who Andy Carroll was. He had been out on the piss in Rio, ended up at the Irish pub down there. She got him to sign a Sao Paulo shirt for my friend :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Precautionary measures.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m78ykshGIX1qin4evo1_500.png

Wouldn't Tayls be better off wearing a crash helmet ?

Guest Phil K

Liverpool preparing a £5m bid for Dempsey (who rejected newest offer from Fulham) if they can get rid of Carroll. (Goal)

Would rather us pay Fulham the 5 million for Dempsey tbh (obviously).

How old is Dempsey?

Not young, could be said to be at peak though - 29

By the by, since the loan/option-to-by bid has been rejected - is there actually any point discussing a loan any more? I would imagine the loan part of that offer would have been the sticking point for Lolerpool, because if Rodgers wants rid of him i can see them cutting their losses for any double-figure fee.

Loaning him first would probably dilute the risk factor sufficiently for me to entertain the idea. But if that isn't happening, i really hope we move onto other targets. We could get any striker for £10-15m.

Depends on the loan offer we have given them, I cant see us paying the whole 80k pr week for Carroll, it might also be a to low offer to buy after the loan deal. So what I`m saying is that its still a possibility to loan him..

I guess Rodgers have to offload some of the top earners(see J.Cole, Aquilani, Carroll) to get money for new players.

Guest bimpy474

both Cisse n Carroll has to play as a main striker and the fact that one has to sit on the bench already make this a bad deal.

Not really, Balotelli/Dzeko sit on the Man City bench at times, as does Hernandez/Wellback for Man Utd, Torres/Sturridge for Chelsea......squad game now, especially when you are in 4 competitions.

Liverpool preparing a £5m bid for Dempsey (who rejected newest offer from Fulham) if they can get rid of Carroll. (Goal)

How old is Dempsey?

Great little player. Can't see Fulham selling him for only 5 million though, and at that age he doesn't really fit our transfer policy.

Guest neesy111

He'll sign by the time we hit 1000 pages, if not I'll go bare back on a Hump Back Whale.

Quoted.

Guest bimpy474

He'll sign by the time we hit 1000 pages, if not I'll go bare back on a Hump Back Whale.

Leave Mrs Bimpy out of this.

How old is Dempsey?

Great little player. Can't see Fulham selling him for only 5 million though, and at that age he doesn't really fit our transfer policy.

See the thing about Dempsey is he doesn't have the same mileage as similar 29-year olds. He's only got 309 career caps, whereas someone like Moussa Dembele, who's 4 years younger, already has 295. Playing college ball followed by 3 short MLS seasons has kept him incubated.

For more comparisons, Jermain Defoe is also 29 (hard to believe, I know) and has 470 career caps. Franck Ribery has 409 and Jonas has 356.

And it's not even that Dempsey has been a fringe player up until this year.