West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would totally have him in on a loan (with an option to buy) but in the end unless he somehow becomes far better than he is, I wouldn't condone buying him at the end of the loan. We've been begging for half decent football round these parts for years.

Fucking Big Sam, Joe Kinnear, Graeme Souness, shit like that. We have a manager willing to try 433 (which I've been wanting us to do for years). If we got another HBA or Bellamy type in for 10 mill, we could rotate Ba and Cisse for the majority of the season trying out different players in the wide right and left positions. Asking for Caroll back is either getting 442 and hoof ball, or replacing one of Ba and Cisse at the figurehead of that 433. We all know both ba and Cisse are 10 times the player Carroll is.

Loan (however unlikely :lol:) = Okay, for another body/ACN

Option to Buy = Okay

10 Million plus this summer = No way.

The people who are saying that if we spent £15m on Carroll we wouldn't have funds for any other players are wrong. We bid £13m for De Jong while also bidding for Debuchy and buying Bigirama. We have the money and judging on past transfers the people in charge should be trusted. If Pardew, Carver and Carr feel AC is good enough and fits into our plans then there's nothing we could do to stop them. If this does happen though I hope Saylor is asked for his opinion because I wouldn't want to lose him.

Was it 4 goals from January onwards? 2 in the league?

Amazing end to the season.

Has anyone said he had an amazing end to the season? Ah now it's not the quality of the goals, it's the quantity, you simply can't had a good period if you don't score I guess? Just as well you weren't managing Blackburn when Shearer left Southampton.

I remember reading Shoot and FourFourTwo as a kid, brilliant memories.

If Andy Carroll is so f***ing spectacular, why hasn't he shown ANYTHING since he left us? Is it because he needs an entire system to be based around him to score a few goals? Is it because he's actually not a particularly good footballer? Is it because he has massive confidence issues?

All of these are reasons we shouldn't be spending lots of money on him, because we won't build our system around him, he won't link up with Cabaye and Ben Arfa like Cisse can, and he'll be in and out of the side, doing nothing for his confidence.

Honestly, I liked him here the first time, but just because he was good for us as a newly promoted team, doesn't mean he's right for us when we want to be in the top 6.

To say he hasn't shown anything is a bit unfair. He was good at the Euros.

Selective memories, he had a decent end to the season for Liverpool and I actually thought he was Liverpool's best player against us until he dived or fell over going around Krul.

His dive was in the first 10 minutes :lol:

Should have inserted a smilie, I know.

Why?

I was being facetious, it's like when you're not being serious, smilies are better indicators than text sometimes.

Has anyone said he had an amazing end to the season? Ah now it's not the quality of the goals, it's the quantity, you simply can't had a good period if you don't score I guess? Just as well you weren't managing Blackburn when Shearer left Southampton.

I'm struggling to remember him having many brilliant allround performances at any point last season. He was slightly less shit towards the end.

Talking of tiresome by the way, there is nothing more tiresome than the 'I'm older than you' drivel.

Guest NeilJ

the fact is we need a more dynamic team with more options if we are going to challenge for any competition we are now in including europe .

Guest BooBoo

This has been worth it in at least it has ignited an otherwise tedious summer on the board. Give me some Carroll chat over 'gah, I hate those tiny spikes on the new shirt!" Seventy pages of that guff ffs.

This thread's an absolute swamp, the most divisive in months. I think Jimburst has made the best post in the past few pages. If we get him back on loan then we'll be the only ones to benefit from the whole thing. If we have to buy him, it could go either way and I'd say it's more likely to go wrong

I wonder why no-one else is in for Carroll, btw? You'd think Chesea, Man Utd or at least Spurs would be in for a world class striker like Andy C, especially at a knock down price.

Who says he's world class? :lol:

And we're trying to get a knock down price because we're his hometown club, no other reason.

I'm struggling to remember him having many brilliant allround performances at any point last season. He was slightly less s*** towards the end.

So nobody said he was amazing then? Whereabouts is your season ticket for Liverpool? One of those shitty restricted views? Ba was similarly amazing second half of the season as poitned out already, how does Carroll compare second half of the season? Both the quality of goals and quantity? Can you describe the goals in a 50 shades of gray type manner?

I wonder why no-one else is in for Carroll, btw? You'd think Chesea, Man Utd or at least Spurs would be in for a world class striker like Andy C, especially at a knock down price.

Who says he's world class? :lol:

And we're trying to get a knock down price because we're his hometown club, no other reason.

:lol: you know I'm just kidding D-dawg.

Guest BooBoo

Newcastle    4/6 

Skybet offering odds on where he'll be after the transfer window shuts

Soy! Soy! Soy!

Guest Roger Kint

If Andy Carroll is so f***ing spectacular, why hasn't he shown ANYTHING since he left us? Is it because he needs an entire system to be based around him to score a few goals? Is it because he's actually not a particularly good footballer? Is it because he has massive confidence issues?

All of these are reasons we shouldn't be spending lots of money on him, because we won't build our system around him, he won't link up with Cabaye and Ben Arfa like Cisse can, and he'll be in and out of the side, doing nothing for his confidence.

Honestly, I liked him here the first time, but just because he was good for us as a newly promoted team, doesn't mean he's right for us when we want to be in the top 6.

Selective memories, he had a decent end to the season for Liverpool and I actually thought he was Liverpool's best player against us until he dived or fell over going around Krul.

Why?

I was being facetious, it's like when you're not being serious, smilies are better indicators than text sometimes.

So everything you have posted in this thread is facetious as you have banged the same drum throughout? Seems a bit too much effort imo but meh your choice.

Guest NeilJ

its not a knock down price its probably more than he's worth . He was never worth £35 million in the first place its just that Liverpool are that stupid  :fool:

although buying him back at around £10 million just shows what a bunch of idiots Liverpool are , do they know anything about business or just learning from watching The Appentice  :tickedoff:

Why?

So everything you have posted in this thread is facetious as you have banged the same drum throughout? Seems a bit too much effort imo but meh your choice.

I haven't even got a drum so not sure what you're going on about.

I'm still baffled as to why people are approaching this as though we're offering to buy him now. We're not.

My take on this is that we know a loan bid will be unsuccessful unless we pay 100% of his wages and have a high agreed fee, so we're merely putting in a loan bid we know will be turned down in order to drive the price down. If Carroll wants to come he'll ask for the move and that might put the price down.

FWIW jimburst's post on the other page sums it up for me. We shouldn't go anywhere near him.

This thread's an absolute swamp, the most divisive in months. I think Jimburst has made the best post in the past few pages. If we get him back on loan then we'll be the only ones to benefit from the whole thing. If we have to buy him, it could go either way and I'd say it's more likely to go wrong

I'd argue it's the other way round. The biggest problem he's had at Liverpool is one of confidence and mentality, no doubt brought about by the pressure of having to justify his ludicrous fee to a sceptical support. If he comes to the toon on loan, there'll still be the uncertainty, scepticism, and  insecurity that will mess with his head and probably end in failure. If the club want him, then they should show their commitment and confidence in him by buying him outright, instead of messing about with half-measures.