West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ba - free

Cisse - £9m

Jelavic - £7m

Pogrebnyak - free

Giroud - £12m

You can find quality players for a fraction of the cost.

You can also waste a lot trying to find decent strikers in the bargain basement.

Lets not forget we've done exceptionally well in the transfer market.

Complete opposite of what we're used to.

By the way... you can add Everton's Jelavic to your list too. Done well, he has

:dowiespin:

Guest Phil K

Ba - free

Cisse - £9m

Jelavic - £7m

Pogrebnyak - free

Giroud - £12m

You can find quality players for a fraction of the cost.

You can also waste a lot trying to find decent strikers in the bargain basement.

Lets not forget we've done exceptionally well in the transfer market.

Complete opposite of what we're used to.

By the way... you can add Everton's Jelavic to your list too. Done well, he has

:dowiespin:

Yeah. Couldn't see the Woods for the Jelavic's.....

Personally I'd be gutted if we spunk any money on Carroll if I'm honest.

Just can't see how/where he's going to fit in and it would fly in the face of our recent transfer dealings (looking for added value)

Not to mention the fact I think he's shit.

Just me then, oh well . . . .

Cisse-8m, better finisher, better with the ball at his feet and does a lot more off the ball. No way carrolls worth 20m, or even near that, we should look for other options IMO, Rodgers can f*** off...

Cisse was such a freak you can't use that as an example. The chances of finding someone so complete as a striker for so cheap are unbelievably slim. That said, Carroll isn't worth near 20m regardless.

Ba - free

Cisse - £9m

Jelavic - £7m

Pogrebnyak - free

Giroud - £12m

Pogrebnyak?

Defoe --> Reading 10m  (granted it didn't happen but that is the price they were talking about - to put English player prices into perspective)

Edit.. apparently the last links were 5-8. Sure it was 10m to start with... could have been some Spurs ITK hype.

Defoe is 29. He's a limited footballer with injury problems. £10mil is outageous.

It's like Bargain Hunt. Liverpool's the thick middle-aged woman clinging on to her past, go to Big Mike's stall in the Car Boot Sale and buy an Andy Carroll for £35m, in the belief that they were buying a vintage old fashioned England centre-forward, not realising all they'd actually bought was some cheap overpriced English tat that everyone seems to get conned into buying.

Off they go to auction, 'Who'll start the bidding at £20m...how about £15m....10 then? We have 10, 12 to that large man over there, do we have 14...14? No. Ok. Sold for £12m.'

Cue the famous facepalm shot with Rodgers and the Liverpool owner with 'LOSS £23 MILLION' in big red writing on the screen.

I love how much trouble we have caused Liverpool in the past year. Even if we don't sign Carroll, it was worth it for the laughs.

Can't see us going anywhere near 15m, not unless we have a clause with them or something.

Rodgers haas put himself in quite a sitution. 1-0 Parky, if Carroll is sold.

Guest Roger Kint

I wouldn't even have paid £20m for him in that January :lol:

To be fair Liverpool probably wouldnt have either if not for Chelsea happily adding on £10m-£15m to the Torres fee to fund it. Really was a mad days transfer trading that :lol:

Partner in my firm (we represent LFC) thinks we will get him for 10-12m, current position is just posturing by yanks. Deal will be 'undisclosed' as a result. Not sure how much use this is but he leads a team who do a lot of work for the club at corporate level.

Starting to think this is N'Zogbia mark two. Bid for a former player, create a false market, enjoy sell-on clause.

has this sell on been verified yet and is it 25% of any fee or any profit ( :mackems:) liverpool make ?