West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best has the potential to form a decent partnership with him, being an off the shoulder of the last defender/poacher type of striker. Whether they gel together, Best finds a steady form at this level and Carroll learns to direct flick-ons ala Shearer.. well that's a lot of maybes to come together but it's not impossible.

Best has the potential to form a decent partnership with him, being an off the shoulder of the last defender/poacher type of striker. Whether they gel together, Best finds a steady form at this level and Carroll learns to direct flick-ons ala Shearer.. well that's a lot of maybes to come together but it's not impossible.

Best needs to fucking flogged, not given gametime in the Premier League.

I'd like to think there must be something about Best for him to be signed... still think he'd have gone on a decent run if one of his near misses had gone in last season.

Saying that, I haven't seen anything to suggest he can score more than a goal or two in the Premiership. We definitely need to sign a proper partner for Carroll.

We're a PL club. A 24 year old player who's never been great in the Championship is hardly going to be highly regarded.

There is a bit difference between not being highly regarded and the speed he has been completely written off, not just a little written off but completely written off :lol:

Poacher? :lol:

Best needs to fucking flogged, not given gametime in the Premier League.

:lol: golden

Nice finish last week :cheesy:

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Indeed - but you woulddn't shoot the first fooker you see would you? You'd wait a while and see if any more come to join it.

I don't think people would be wanking their cocks off but if that good header that was excellently saved and that cracking shot that hit the crossbar had gone in he would get a lot less slack.

He is back up to Carroll for me at the moment but this season is when he should be judged. Coming in when Carroll (a forward who couldn't compliment best any less) was hitting top form wasn't a good thing for him.

I appreciate he has looked nothing special so far for Coventry and country, I dont see him becoming a prolific goalscorer but he could be a decent target man.

In all honesty I don't have great hope but he deserves a proper chance which I don't think he got last season.