West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"He was a brilliant player for us and we owe a great debt to him."

f***! Off!

"The fee was astronomical, we have used it well," he added.

Newcastle have signed Papiss Cisse from Freiburg for £9m, Yohan Cabaye from Lille for £4.8m and Demba Ba from West Ham on a free since Carroll left the north east almost two years ago.

"The position we are in, if I'm honest, is because we used the money from Andy's sale well," said Pardew.

"He was a brilliant player for us and we owe a great debt to him."

In context it's a fair comment.

We're just trying to unsettle him so he plays shit.

Love a good ol' fashioned FM trick.

Offer Liverpool £20m and keep him on contract talks until Sunday morning when we tell him we don't think it'll work out.

He wants Nolan because he's a midfield player who regular scores goals and has done so throughout his career. Our current ones don't and never have done, apart from Cabaye when he took all the penalties for Lille one year.

Erm

last season we had 17 goal scorers in all comps

8 where midfielders

5 where strickers

others where defenders

They also scores 17 goals

:idiot2:

I'm not suggesting that we resign Nolan, he's history and is a very limited player, though if he's serious about signing Carroll, Nolan does work well with him. It would be nice to get in a goal scoring box to box midfielder, Tiote is never going to be able to do this and unless we play three in the middle and let Cabaye out of his shackles he can't do it either. HBA could probably get a lot more goals but not whilst he's stuck out on the wing and spending most of his time helping Simpson out.

Would love AC back, on his day he's unplayable. With the football we've been playing lately would suit him and if we played a passing game he could offer a different option from the bench if we were losing or needed someone to hold it up.

Said it before but I'd love to see the lad back. He's a good striker who has suffered from a shit move. I've not seen many better headed goals than his one v Sweden. Newcastle is where he belongs and it's just a matter of time before he comes home.

Guest palnese

What. the. fuck.

Are we actually discussing the possibility of re-signing KEVIN NOLAN? Is this actually happening?! Wow. I hope this is a brainfart from Pardew because that is so fucking mind-blasting.

:lol:

Ah, Pardew's "infamous" mind games.

If Williamson's playing, we really need him to be on top of his game in his battle with Carroll (bar one or two incidents last season in the NUFC-Liverpool match at St James', thought Willo fared rather well against Carroll imo). The atmosphere will play as big as a role as any methinks - that pretty much broke Carroll last time round...

I'm not suggesting that we resign Nolan, he's history and is a very limited player, though if he's serious about signing Carroll, Nolan does work well with him. It would be nice to get in a goal scoring box to box midfielder, Tiote is never going to be able to do this and unless we play three in the middle and let Cabaye out of his shackles he can't do it either. HBA could probably get a lot more goals but not whilst he's stuck out on the wing and spending most of his time helping Simpson out.

Nolan

:spit: