Newcastle United 1 - 5 Liverpool - 28/12/08 - Post rape reaction from page 19

Dave

:snod:

Deluded bean counter votes for Nicky Butt shocker.   :no:

From his wikipedia page

Butt became a fan favorite in the 2007-08 season scoring three goals and making some very impressive performances. Butt also started the season as captain filling in for the injured Michael Owen and proved to be a popular choice.

Butt vs Gerrard today was the biggest mis-match I think I've ever seen in football. :neutral:

wasn't exactly a one on one as gerrard played between their midfield and attack....hate to say it but a masterclass in MOVEMENT from gerrard today

But with Butt playing (and I use the term loosely) in front of the back 4 they were often in the same area of the park. They fact Butt couldn't even get close to him says a lot. 

Butt vs Gerrard today was the biggest mis-match I think I've ever seen in football. :neutral:

wasn't exactly a one on one as gerrard played between their midfield and attack....hate to say it but a masterclass in MOVEMENT from gerrard today

Wasn't actually a one on one as Butt didn't get near him all afternoon.

EDIT: We even post the same Marc  :angry:

neither'd guthrie,coloccini,taylor,n'zogbia,geremi,gutierrez..........why make it butt only ?

neither'd guthrie,coloccini,taylor,n'zogbia,geremi,gutierrez..........why make it butt only ?

Because I fucking hate him :thup:

And he was exactly the same at Wigan on Friday.

Everything went through Gerrard today and Butt seemed the most likely to try to snuff him out. The only reason it wasn't a direct one-on-one battle was the fact Butt wasn't mobile enough to even make it a battle in the first place.

That's how I saw it anyway. :dontknow:

Because I f***ing hate him :thup:

I'm a tad more objective. i thought guthrie was woeful on and off the ball aswell, had lots of chances to break forward but held back forcing either butt forward or isolating the forwards. duff was more dynamic than n'zogbia,enrique has no confidence,owen was anonymous,given could have held two of them saves.....i could go on

Everything went through Gerrard today and Butt seemed the most likely to try to snuff him out. The only reason it wasn't a direct one-on-one battle was the fact Butt wasn't mobile enough to even make it a battle in the first place.

they played a 4 man midfield,babel and benayoun mainly wide and lucas and mascheano in the middle....why should butt mark gerrard ? shouldn't that be a job for coloccini or taylor to stepo up and do

Absolutely awful performance today and to think that teams like Wigan, Fulham are not paying out half the wages we are but give 110% every game and are getting results.

Today proves if any of our regular back four are injured then the players coming in are not good enough, we also need new midfielders as when the ball goes wide it hardly frightens teams that we have Butt and Guthrie running into box.

Also how p1ssed off must Carroll be?? Changes game at Wigan and then does not even get a runout when we have a player taking up a shirt who cant run and needs the ball on a plate for him to score and has been offered a great contract yet still stalls on it. What the hell was he doing when he kicked the ball over his own crossbar when facing up the pitch on his best foot?? Things are that bad that in 2nd half I actually said to mate, we would be more of a threat with Carroll and Ameobi up top.

Players at NUFC are just getting their places because of their reputations and need to go. We have 1 great player in Given and the rest have some good games but to inconsistant!

Absolutely awful performance today and to think that teams like Wigan, Fulham are not paying out half the wages we are but give 110% every game and are getting results.

Today proves if any of our regular back four are injured then the players coming in are not good enough, we also need new midfielders as when the ball goes wide it hardly frightens teams that we have Butt and Guthrie running into box.

Also how p1ssed off must Carroll be?? Changes game at Wigan and then does not even get a runout when we have a player taking up a shirt who cant run and needs the ball on a plate for him to score and has been offered a great contract yet still stalls on it. What the hell was he doing when he kicked the ball over his own crossbar when facing up the pitch on his best foot?? Things are that bad that in 2nd half I actually said to mate, we would be more of a threat with Carroll and Ameobi up top.

Players at NUFC are just getting their places because of their reputations and need to go. We have 1 great player in Given and the rest have some good games but to inconsistant!

how pissed off must xisco be ?

I'm a tad more objective. i thought guthrie was woeful on and off the ball aswell, had lots of chances to break forward but held back forcing either butt forward or isolating the forwards. duff was more dynamic than n'zogbia,enrique has no confidence,owen was anonymous,given could have held two of them saves.....i could go on

I'd agree with all of that, but Butt is a week in week out problem now.  He had to go some to be worse than he was on Friday at Wigan, but he managed to achieve it.

He is only ever a good defensive midfielder when we're playing well, when we need him to be holding the midfield together when under pressure he's one of the first to disappear out of the game.  The only time you then notice him is when he's repeatedly giving the ball back to the opposition playing simple 5 yard passes.

they played a 4 man midfield,babel and benayoun mainly wide and lucas and mascheano in the middle....why should butt mark gerrard ? shouldn't that be a job for coloccini or taylor to stepo up and do

But had Taylor or Coloccini stepped into midfield then the gaps would have been even bigger at the back. I thought Butt was the obvious choice to track Gerrard when he dropped into midfield but to be honest their movement was so good that they'd have murdered us regardless. We were totally outplayed but I though Butt was particularly disappointing in every aspect of the game today. He occupied a key position in the formation and was ridiculously poor. 

I'd agree with all of that, but Butt is a week in week out problem now.  He had to go some to be worse than he was on Friday at Wigan, but he managed to achieve it.

He is only ever a good defensive midfielder when we're playing well, when we need him to be holding the midfield together when under pressure he's one of the first to disappear out of the game.  The only time you then notice him is when he's repeatedly giving the ball back to the opposition playing simple 5 yard passes.

I'm sure I heard a fair few people praising his performances against Pompey and Spurs? He plays well when the team plays well. Like pretty much 80% of footballers.

maybe he'd be a better defensive midfielder if he was allowed to do just that as opposed to doing guthries (gooad games against pompey and spurs aside) work trying to get a little bit further forward ?

maybe he'd be a better defensive midfielder if he was allowed to do just that as opposed to doing guthries (gooad games against pompey and spurs aside) work trying to get a little bit further forward ?

Butt struggles to play the simplest of passes though. Not sure how many passes he completed today but I can't remember many. His legs have gone and he tires badly too imo.

Guthrie isn't the answer either but he shows a bit of drive from time to time. The sooner Barton's back the better and I never thought I'd say that often.

Butt is s***, he's got no movement at all and offers nothing to our game.  He can hardly get close to the opposition these days and when he does he's likely to give away a free kick.  When he's got the ball he's just as likely to give it back to the opposition as his team mates.  He wasn't the only one to have a bad game but what he has shown today was just typical of him, nothing.

We might as well play with 10 men as start Butt. 

how pissed off must xisco be ?

pissed off and shit??

i don't think he really cares, to be honest. ask any of the so-called "ITK'S" - If they can't fill the blanks then they are as big a bunch of arseholes as i suspected.

we've got a crap squad, arsehole owner,totally useless DoF (despite all the sad cunts defendinding him and his boss, like a gang of arse-lickingehouses ), and shit manager. we're fucked, tell all your foreign, non-match going, pathetic TV-watcing, idiot know-it-alls, that if they'd been to a game, they'd see how shit we really are.

and a big fat festive FUCK YOU, YOU SOFT CUNT, to every person who thinks we aren't shite. you fucking cretins. you're idiots.

Butt struggles to play the simplest of passes though. Not sure how many passes he completed today but I can't remember many. His legs have gone too and he tires badly too imo.

Guthrie isn't the answer either but he shows a bit of drive from time to time. The sooner Barton's back the better and I never thought I'd say that often.

butts pasing was equal to  most for us today...it was that bad. he shouldn't need the legs,guthrie shouldn't be forcing him forward. 2 new centre mids may be too much to ask but bartona and 1 other please. if only to get to the end of the season.

Butt struggles to play the simplest of passes though. Not sure how many passes he completed today but I can't remember many. His legs have gone too and he tires badly too imo.

butts pasing was equal to  most for us today...it was that bad. he shouldn't need the legs,guthrie shouldn't be forcing him forward. 2 new centre mids may be too much to ask but bartona and 1 other please. if only to get to the end of the season.

If you're starting a Premiership game in CM then you need legs. Possession changes hands that often and the tempo is so high that getting about the park is paramount in CM. His legs have gone which means he can't get up and down or tackle cleanly anymore. When the ball breaks to him he invariably gives it straight back. He can't track runners from midfield and provides nothing going forward.

He's a fucking liability and the sooner the ginger cunt is out of the door the better. There, I've said it. :hmm:

If you're starting a Premiership game in CM then you need legs. Possession changes hands that often and the tempo is so high that getting about the park is paramount in CM. His legs have gone which means he can't get up and down or tackle cleanly anymore. When the ball breaks to him he invariably gives it straight back. He can't track runners from midfield and provides nothing going forward.

He's a f***ing liability and the sooner the ginger c*** is out of the door the better. There, I've said it. :hmm:

i agree to a point......why dont you say the same about guthrie  who has been equally as bad....worse if you think he should have more legs.

He's a f***ing liability and the sooner the ginger c*** is out of the door the better. There, I've said it. :hmm:

i agree to a point......why dont you say the same about guthrie  who has been equally as bad....worse if you think he should have more legs.

I don't think Guthrie has been as bad though.

He hasn't been great but I think he keeps possession better and offers more going forward than Butt does. I'm not trying to make him out as being another Vieira but Butt is going to get slower and less mobile as time goes on.

Ideally the club will bring in someone to partner Barton in there as you say, but until that happens then Guthrie deserves is spot over Butt every day of the week. Imo obviously.  :thup:

He hasn't been great but I think he keeps possession better and offers more going forward than Butt does. I'm not trying to make him out as being another Vieira but Butt is going to get slower and less mobile as time goes on.

Ideally the club will bring in someone to partner Barton in there as you say, but until that happens then Guthrie deserves is spot over Butt every day of the week. Imo obviously.  :thup:

i don't see much of a difference between butt and guthrie.

in fact the only difference is that butt takes more blame,he's the whipping boy and guthrie is riding anonymously by

The thing about Butt is his decision making is terrible too. He sells himself far too often, like he takes a risk and runs up to a opposition player in an attempt to make a quick challenge but 9 times out of 10 they get a pass away and he's completely out of the game.

The thing about Butt is his decision making is terrible too. He sells himself far too often, like he takes a risk and runs up to a opposition player in an attempt to make a quick challenge but 9 times out of 10 they get a pass away and he's completely out of the game.

the thing about guthrie is he doesn't make challenges till we are getting beat then he kicks people from behind,rarely gets forward,passes the ball as a get out rather than whats best.

butts an old man,even in his younger days he wasn't much for getting forward....why is he now lokking round at guthrie thinking..."shit,he's not getting forward,i'd best try"

i don't see much of a difference between butt and guthrie.

in fact the only difference is that butt takes more blame,he's the whipping boy and guthrie is riding anonymously by

Fair enough. I think Butt's been, by and large, shocking this season.

Guthrie has time on his side and is worth having in the squad. He should improve. Butt will only get (even) worse/slower.