Newcastle United 1 - 5 Liverpool - 28/12/08 - Post rape reaction from page 19

Dave

Guest Heneage

Andy Gray about to pick the bones out of it on SS1.

Probably going to scream "GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD" at any given opportunity

TAKE A BOY SON! TAKE A BOY!

Is it Andy Gray or Gerry Adams? :lol:

Guest black n white

Andy Gray about to pick the bones out of it on SS1.

Think I'll give that one a swerve. I don't need a weatherman to tell me it's been pissing down. :hmm:

;D

andy gray can kiss my swingers

because of him i canx my sky

expected the scoreline but not the performance

Guest toonlass

Given 8

Edgar 5

Taylor 3

Coloccini 3

Enrique 4

Jonas 4

Butt 2

Guthrie 5

N'Zogia 4

Duff 6

Owen 3

Ameobi 4

Geremi 4

Lua-Lua 5

We were shite, their fans were the quietest I have ever seen them up here "5-1 and you still don't sing", our fans should get a point for having a sense of humour, singing "We're going to win 6-5" and at least having a laugh. The Bobby Robson day was a fucking shambles, no more singing about him than normal imo. We knew we would be humped and we were. Edgar and Taylor need to fuck off to league 2, Butt needs his pension and we need to grow a backbone!

Given- 9 Deserves so much better

Edgar- 5- Bewildered by Babel

Enrique-4- Injured, but embrassingly out of his depth

Taylor-2- Complete imbecile

Colocini- 3- Exposed time after time

Guttierez-4- Contributed his usual nothingness

N'Zogbia-2- Awful, wherever he played

Guthrie-6- Never gave up

Butt- 3- Wretched

Duff- 5- Best attacking threat

Owen-3- Pathetic

Shola- 4- Huffed and puffed

Geremi-5- Hit the bar!

They dicked us completely on the field granted....but Liverpool's support today was shocking. For the supposed best fans in the world, they were meek as fuck. Sang after each goal for a minute or 2 then lost their voices.

Their team were superb, their fans were dogshit.

Guest toonlass

They dicked us completely on the field granted....but Liverpool's support today was shocking. For the supposed best fans in the world, they were meek as fuck. Sang after each goal for a minute or 2 then lost their voices.

Their team were superb, their fans were dogshit.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Totally agree, how the mighty have fallen. They (and manure) used to be the most vocal fans to come to SJP, Blackburn made more noise this season that this lot did today. Should be deducted 2 points for failing to sing and clap.  bluelaugh.gif

Guest Chris P

Any positives? . Poor Collocini having to deal with Taylor. I noticed at one point taylor trying to tell Collocini what to do, as if he had never been away and that he's the top boy in defence. He would make a great striker for Spartans. He is not a CB.

we usually get dicked off a "big 4" team at home in recent seasons.  Usually its Manyoo.  Just hope it doesn't happen with them as well as Liverpool!

Scoreline was less harsh last year in this same fixture. But the embarrassing "ownage" factor was pretty strong then too.

Any positives? . Poor Collocini having to deal with Taylor. I noticed at one point taylor trying to tell Collocini what to do, as if he had never been away and that he's the top boy in defence. He would make a great striker for Spartans. He is not a CB.

Colo was just as bad if not worse than Taylor today.

After they scored their second Colo asked Taylor to mark Hyypia from corners!

we usually get dicked off a "big 4" team at home in recent seasons.  Usually its Manyoo.  Just hope it doesn't happen with them as well as Liverpool!

Scoreline was less harsh last year in this same fixture. But the embarrassing "ownage" factor was pretty strong then too.

Aye, this match reminded me a lot of the same fixture last season.

After a claming down period I think I can give my tuppence worth...

Joe didn-t have the best of luck with the team selection today, bassong suspended, beye out and Martins and Viduka injured. Out of those four, three are fundamental to any succes we can look for on the pitch.

-Bassong gives coloccini a lease of life and they fit each other perfectly, in comes taylor and coloccini is a dithering fool.

-Beye is our only right back. I thought joe made a mistake by putting edgar in there instead of Geremi, who would of added experience and at least some sort of attacking threat with Jonas.

-Martins keeps teams further back and today we posed ZERO goal threat, they defended at a canter

As well as being short of our most influential players (in the last couple of games at least), the rest of the team played in awe of theiur rivals and from the first minute looked like they expected a trouncing apart from our one constant Shay Given. I haven-t seen our defence so disorganised, I havent seen the midfield crumple so badly, I couldn-t beleive joe didn-t have th gumption to put somebody on gerrard in his free role, he caused us so many problems today.

Best to forget and move on, I hope we win the next couple of games, they are SO IMPORTANT!

GIVEN - NO SCORE NEEDED, SUPERLATIVE!

Edgar (4)- out of his depth but tried hard

Taylor (4)- positionally he is the worst defender we have, how many times was he pulled out of position so easily.

Coloccini (3)- How can he be so different when paired with Taylor? He was crap today, second to everything and horrible decisions. Don-t understand?

Enrique (4)- We need a new left back. He has a good game and then a pathetic one. So many bad passes put us under pressure today...

Jonas (6)- Disagree with the detractors today, he was the only person capable of withstanding their midfield pressure, of finding an outlet. It doesn-t help much either that nobody offers themselves for a pass, or makes a run to open an angle. Feel sorry for him, deserves a better team, really!

Butt (5)- Too old and it showed today against far  ore athletic midfielders and people who were composed and who can pass without panicking.\

Guthrie (6)- Tried hard but was outfought and outpassed. Give him a couple of years...maybe

Zoggy (4)- didn-t do anything to impress, had an off day aswell. He can defend but is a bit lazy at getting back for me

Owen (3)- obviously needs the service, but being so one dimensional means that unless he gets pinpoint service in the box we can forget about having 11 players on the pitch.

Duff (5)- worked hard but isn-t a striker. Posed no threat so what use was that to us. Didn-t drop back into midfield enough either.

Shola (2) first ten minutes was very positive, then back to old self (suppose there was nothing to play for... but pride?)

JFK- Bad again. Geremi instead of edgar. If you are going to play a 442 and attack them, make sure owen has a partner that is bigger or faster than him i.e. not duff!!

Some very tentative defending from the back four. It was like they were afraid to put in a challenge in case they got beaten. As a result, they were like training cones as Liverpool passed their way through us.

We missed Bassong on defensive set pieces. Coloccini is lousy at those kind of challenges, and Taylor isn't reliable either.

There's no point in playing Owen in a game like that. It was all hands to the pump, and we should have started with 4-5-1. We're continuing to suffer from this idea that Owen has to play, and that's one reason I wouldn't mind seeing him go.

Given, Jonas and Duff were the only players who approached this game with any confidence, or any feeling that they belonged out there.

Guest toonlass

I think it goes to show how well the back four have become a unit when as soon as it is disturbed the whole thing goes tits up. Granted I think we would have been beaten had we had Beye and Bassong, but Taylor and Edgar are just rubbish.

Just to back up my earlier point, I've checked the stats and we committed 7 fouls all game. That's not exactly an indication of a side that's trying to get stuck in. We seemed to be concentrating on getting goal side all the time rather than putting them under pressure.

Just to back up my earlier point, I've checked the stats and we committed 7 fouls all game. That's not exactly an indication of a side that's trying to get stuck in. We seemed to be concentrating on getting goal side all the time rather than putting them under pressure.

Indeed, the ammount of respect we showed them was thoroughly embarassing.

Indeed, the ammount of respect we showed them was thoroughly embarassing.

we certainly didnt show the any football.

Now that Ashley is staying i pray to god he gets a good manager in.. not knocking JFK - done a good job.  As many have said he is not a long term solution by far. 

If he spends a fair bit i think he will win ALOT of fans back which can only be a good thing - uniting the supporters.

Todays game was just ugly, sooner 2008 out of the way the better.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Now that Ashley is staying i pray to god he gets a good manager in.. not knocking JFK - done a good job.  As many have said he is not a long term solution by far. 

If he spends a fair bit i think he will win ALOT of fans back which can only be a good thing - uniting the supporters.

Todays game was just ugly, sooner 2008 out of the way the better.

Agree with that tbf, even if I can't see it happening.

I was watching the central midfield area with special attention today and it was painful watching their midfielders race past our two time and time again. Butt just shuffled around and Guthrie wasn't much better. I was actually quite shocked how their midfileders got goalside of ours without even being tracked. What was clear to me was that Butt isn't capable of moving either backwards or forwards more thatn a few steps, so if he is going to play it should be as a sweeper...sweeping the dressing rooms after the players have gone home.

The time and space given to them was a disgrace. Why the fuck weren't the players told to get stuck in? Liverpool's players were taking two or three touches before a black and white shirt got near them.

I also thought Carroll should have been hoyed on at half time since the only problems we caused them were in the air (Taylor could very easily have scored just before Edgar did) instead of the piss-poor in the air Shola - second half game plan should have just been to play for as many corners as possible and see how they coped. Not that it would have mattered much after the embarrassing defending to send them 3-1 up.