Newcastle United 1 - 5 Liverpool - 28/12/08 - Post rape reaction from page 19

Dave

Just to back up my earlier point, I've checked the stats and we committed 7 fouls all game. That's not exactly an indication of a side that's trying to get stuck in. We seemed to be concentrating on getting goal side all the time rather than putting them under pressure.

The time and space given to them was a disgrace. Why the fuck weren't the players told to get stuck in? Liverpool's players were taking two or three touches before a black and white shirt got near them.

I also thought Carroll should have been hoyed on at half time since the only problems we caused them were in the air (Taylor could very easily have scored just before Edgar did) instead of the piss-poor in the air Shola - second half game plan should have just been to play for as many corners as possible and see how they coped. Not that it would have mattered much after the embarrassing defending to send them 3-1 up.

This is what I wrote before the game yesterday:

Liverpool will have better players all over the park tomorrow. We shouldplay 4-3-3, fill the side with big lads and lump it towards them. We'll probably still lose but with the loss of key players in every dept we aren't going to win a match playing good football. Carroll and Xisco to fight for the high balls iwth Owen playing as a moocher.

It was a shit plan with desperate tactics but shamefully it looks like it was the best one going. How sad is that?

Liverpool will have better players all over the park tomorrow. We shouldplay 4-3-3, fill the side with big lads and lump it towards them. We'll probably still lose but with the loss of key players in every dept we aren't going to win a match playing good football. Carroll and Xisco to fight for the high balls iwth Owen playing as a moocher.

It was a shit plan with desperate tactics but shamefully it looks like it was the best one going. How sad is that?

Its easy for me to agree now with hindsight but I totally agree with that. With our problems with injuries etc, it does appear that this tactic would have at least limited the over-running of the midfield

(Admittedly I am saying this based on opinions on here as  I didnt see the game)

Oh aye and 1 thing that pissed me off was clapping that stupid twat Gerrard, people been saying he played class but he clearly didn't.

If at the very least the fans can come out of today with some credit for being sporting to an opposing player then I will take it. I cant stand the fella either but am just desperately looking for some positives from today - whether it be on or off the pitch.

I say as supporters we need to get into the oppositions heads more before the game...

..maybe if we kidnap there wives and kids...best fans in the league, lets prove it.  If that cant get us a win we are truly fucked.

Gerrard was awesome today but I remember his dives (his recent blantant cheat in the Champions League was beyond belief), cynical fouls and non performances for England. He'll neve get a clap from me, no matter how matter how many he dumps  in our net.

Haven't posted here for a while, but I'm infuriated after today's match by Coloccini.

After watching the goals again, I think it's fair to say that he made a serious fault in the build up to every goal.

Terrible signing, must be sold in January.

Haven't posted here for a while, but I'm infuriated after today's match by Coloccini.

After watching the goals again, I think it's fair to say that he made a serious fault in the build up to every goal.

Terrible signing, must be sold in January.

Be quiet daft lad.