The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Alves would probably excel with a player or two behind him who could really play a ball

I dunno if its just me, but everytime Ive seen him play he's missed chance after chance. I think both Downing and Johnson give him plenty of opportunites.

Why on earth doesn't Adam Johnson start for Boro?

Looks a clear cut above to me when he comes on. Pace, excellent close control, can skin a man with ease and can hit a nice pass.

Guest Alan_Shearer

I think people often forget that a straight red is usually a three game ban because they're normally handed out for violent conduct.

Ah ye kk cool...

Anybody else watching MOTD2? I swear Pardew just said "and he absolutely raped him" in regards to Essien shrugging Ched Evans off the ball

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Class. That term should be used more in commentary iyam.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5920061.ece

The BBC has apologised after one of its football pundits compared a tackle by a Chelsea player to rape.

Alan Pardew, the former Charlton Athletic, West Ham United and Reading manager, was describing a challenge by Michael Essien, the Chelsea midfield player, during Match Of The Day 2 on Sunday night.

After the Ghana international clattered into Ched Evans, the Manchester City forward, Pardew said: "He's a strong boy. He knocks him off - he absolutely rapes him."

No apology was made during or after the programme, but the BBC issued a statement today which said: "Alan Pardew apologises unconditionally for any offence caused by remarks he made in the Match of the Day 2 programme last night."

A total of 35 complaints have been received about the incident, the spokeswoman added. Pardew is not one of the show's regular analysts, but is used from time to time. The BBC said no decision had been made about whether he would be invited back on the programme after last night's incident. Pardew lost his job as the Charlton manager last November.

Guest toonlass

Anybody else watching MOTD2? I swear Pardew just said "and he absolutely raped him" in regards to Essien shrugging Ched Evans off the ball

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5920061.ece

The BBC has apologised after one of its football pundits compared a tackle by a Chelsea player to rape.

Alan Pardew, the former Charlton Athletic, West Ham United and Reading manager, was describing a challenge by Michael Essien, the Chelsea midfield player, during Match Of The Day 2 on Sunday night.

After the Ghana international clattered into Ched Evans, the Manchester City forward, Pardew said: "He's a strong boy. He knocks him off - he absolutely rapes him."

No apology was made during or after the programme, but the BBC issued a statement today which said: "Alan Pardew apologises unconditionally for any offence caused by remarks he made in the Match of the Day 2 programme last night."

A total of 35 complaints have been received about the incident, the spokeswoman added. Pardew is not one of the show's regular analysts, but is used from time to time. The BBC said no decision had been made about whether he would be invited back on the programme after last night's incident. Pardew lost his job as the Charlton manager last November.

That's the last time Pardew will be on MOTD2 then. I heard it too and just laughed. Some sad fuckers who actually complained about it.

:lol: