The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

just got back from fulham v villa. fulham are excellent they really are, although the bloke next to me was bloody annoying, didnt do anything but slag his team off from start to finish. ffs they are on course for their highest ever finish, just beat villa 3-1!

Bruce doesn't seem happy. Could see him leaving in the summer if an offer comes (wouldn't surprise me if its us if we manage to stay up and Shearer says no).

Fulham looking quite impressive.

Scary for next week

Different team away from home aren't they?

Normally, but they have done ok at SJP recently so I can bet the same rule doesnt apply for us.

I've been to Fulham today.

A few observations.

Hodgson has done a fantastic job, they play the ball around with confidence, rarely lose it, and when they do fight to get it back. Very well drilled team, who all know what they're doing.

We've gone to fucking pieces. MON has genuinely lost the plot. Taking the two full backs off then putting Barry and Milner there, that's the actions of someone who is smoking crack.

Shorey mouthed "wanker" at him when he came off, and the team were all looking around saying "what the fuck?" when it happened.

I genuinely think he's flipped. Worrying. Although more worrying is that we are STILL fifth. Incredible

:lol: that's the end of shorey then? could be usefull for us in the championship next season.

Thing is, he's been easily amongst our best players since the manager finally decided to play him recently.

Bruce doesn't seem happy. Could see him leaving in the summer if an offer comes (wouldn't surprise me if its us if we manage to stay up and Shearer says no).

He's the only chap i'd have above Shearer right about now (realistically speaking, obviously).

Could well transpire that the game at Villa Park is a better hope of a result than Fulham next week at home.

I reckon you'll get a draw on Monday, nothing against Fulham, and three points against us. I dunno if that is going to be enough for you, but I do know that Fulham are a more than decent side these days, and we headed off to the beach at least four weeks ago.

No way. :lol: All it will take is a few balls lumped into Carew or Heskey and our lot at the back will fall apart. reckon it will be similar to the same game last year, start brightly then just disintegrate.

He's the only chap i'd have above Shearer right about now (realistically speaking, obviously).

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole after today.

looking at Wigan's attack in particular it's a miracle they've avoided the relegation battle this season.  They've kept a lot of clean sheets this season, which Bruce should take a lot of credit for