The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

when was the last time man u conceded a goal in the league? They're having a bloody good run, i reckon.

Against Arsenal on November 8.

f***ing hell :kasper:

Am I right thinking that we were the last team to get a point from Old Trafford in the league?

aye

edit....err sorry towelie, didn't realise it was you mate...aye we gained that point around about the time you were stalking some poor young unobtainable girl who had to flee to spain to escape your drool

The villas  fans are  well outsinging the hull fans.I thought the Hull fans would be in good voice considering its an evening fixture and they have had a good start except for the last couple of games

They've won one in over 2 months btw.

Ronaldo is never going to get any sympathy from fans of any club other than Manure. He is an odious, cheating, diving, theatrical, plastic, whining twat! Other than that he is ok like.

I sympathise with top players getting kicked off the park by talentless cretins.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It got to be good for team moral to have 9 English and 2 Good english speaking players in your team. Villa have 3 very good players in Gabby, Barry and Young and the rest are average prem players.

There is definately something in having good line of communicatino and team moral

Guest firetotheworks

It got to be good for team moral to have 9 English and 2 Good english speaking players in your team. Villa have 3 very good players in Gabby, Barry and Young and the rest are average prem players.

There is definately something in having good line of communicatino and team moral

;DItalian communication?

What a poor game that is.

Hull have got no technical ability at all, the amount of times their players miscontrolled the ball and over hit passes was shocking.

Villa on the other hand are completely toothless because Hull are sitting deep thus nullifying their whole gameplan of pressing the opposition and then hoofing it in behind for Young & Agbonlahor to sprint onto.

;DItalian communication?

I've just realised, I can't think of many Italian players in the premiership at all.

Hull have got no technical ability at all, the amount of times their players miscontrolled the ball and over hit passes was shocking.

Villa on the other hand are completely toothless because Hull are sitting deep thus nullifying their whole gameplan of pressing the opposition and then hoofing it in behind for Young & Agbonlahor to sprint onto.

They were talking about this on Talksport just before kickoff and said that as Brown had gone with just 1 up front, they thought his number 1 priority today was to keep a clean sheet and that was it. From that moment had a fear it was going to be a stinker

That's a slightly unsympathetic view of things.

To suggest we just hit it long for those two to sprint on to is misleading. In fact, the only thing I've seen Young sprint on to and finish was jagielka's back pass at Goodison.

We have a problem unlocking teams who stick men behind the ball and defend. This season, most teams who come to Villa Park do that. We struggle to unlock them.

Away from home, teams tend to have a go at us which gives us space to hit them on the counter. Hitting a team on the counter doesn't consist of hoofing it for Young and Agbonlahor, though. In fact, the obvious target for a hoof (Carew) has been injured for a while, so that tactic wouldn't get us very far.

On our day, we play great-to-watch football. Our Achilles heel is that when teams just defend, we struggle to unlock them.

Laursen?

Friedel?

Davies?

Milner?

(obv the last one is a joke)

Guest sicko2ndbest

How the f*** are Villa 4th?

They have more points than all but three other teams

Quite correct.

Sad indictment of the premiership