The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Arsenal are just as likely to finish third or sixth as they are fourth.  Liverpool aren't out of it but they'll pretty much have to beat us at Old Trafford, which I'm reasonably confident they won't.

Liverpool have no chance of winning it.

I am a relatively cynical, doom-like Villa supporter in terms of rating our chances, and the way we have played this season, but I honestly think we've been just as good as Liverpool for the vast part of this season, if not better.

The difference is that Man United have been significantly better.

It is now all about 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Guest firetotheworks

So tonight, Hull Vs Spuds, what do we reckon is the best result? A draw and lots of injuries/suspensions?

Dislike both teams, so the last scenario would be perfect.

Definitely would rather see Spurs lose.  We can catch Hull-- I think we will. Spurs have a better goal differential than us; I'd rather we keep as many teams as possible between us and the drop. The more pressure on Redknapp and company, the better.

Team of lightweight bottlers too :shifty:

Is harry for real?

He just said Spurs havent been outplayed once this season. Did i hear him correctly?

You KNOW the guy is an A1 arsehole, he'll say anything to big himself up (via talking about Spurs naturally), isn't he the best coach in the country and other such nonsense? If they lose a couple more he'll either walk or start to blame the players (again).

Latest:

Newcastle Res  2  'Boro Res  0

Mark Doninger gave United the lead a couple of minutes before the break with a low shot from the corner of the box.

Earlier James Taylor had headed a Michael McCrudden corner off the crossbar.

Three minutes after the interval the lead was doubled as Doninger got his second from the spot after Nile Ranger had been bundled over in the penalty area.

Team: Krul, Tavernier, Dummett, Doninger, Taylor, Lough, Godsmark, LuaLua, Ranger, Danquah, McCrudden (Williams 58)

Subs: Soderberg, Bath, Neary, Spear.